None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 20 on Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:09 am

Beginnings in Astraea

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Beginnings in Astraea

Post by Celestria on Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:24 am

Astraea: Main city, containing the Great Crystal, is the Acropolis and it is set on a natural hilltop. The part of the city that houses the Crystal itself is the Sanctum Crystalis. The Great Keeper lives in a separate building next to the Sanctum. There are people living in the Sanctum, but they are either those who have dedicated their lives to the Crystal or the aid of the Great Keeper.

The city of Acropolis rose up in white stone buildings from the surrounding lush greenery that was gardened Astraea. All the cities in Astraea were made of white stone, the better to shine against the green and to reflect the beauty of the Crystal which was enshrined there. Astraea was the holy land for all of Artegal.

But Acropolis was a city where even the noise of the streets was muted, as if the people walking on their errands or shopping at the markets could not bear to raise their voices.

The Great Keeper was ill, gravely ill, and all of Astraea feared for his weakest breath.

He had led the central Nation for centuries, it seemed, and many were astonished that he could be ill at all. Elves did not become ill, not when the greatest Healers of all Artegal could be summoned to his side. But ill he was.

Within the Sanctum Crystalis, the great shrine that served to house the central Crystal itself, a small form flew through the air towards the Crystal Chamber. A Moogle made her way, her wings working to lift her up before letting her dip down again in a slow, almost wave-like pattern. She was not in any great hurry, and the occasion seemed to make the lack of speed seem more appropriate.

Nothing was going to happen until the Great Keeper either recovered . . . or did not.

No one seemed to want to speak of the fact that if he recovered then in all likelihood nothing at all would happen anyway, and the Moogle who made her way to the Crystal was one of those who wondered if maybe it was a mistake for the Great Keeper to be so far removed from the happenings in the other Eight Nations.

Miuka sighed to herself. Unlike many of Astraea, she had traveled extensively and she knew that all was not well beyond the paradisaical lands of the central Crystal. She worried for more lands than simply Astraea should matters continue as they were.

She reached the Crystal and looked at the faceted, glowing, fragment of the original vessel which had brought her people to Artegal and even now housed the souls of those who had passed on from life to live as spirits. She sighed sadly and closed her eyes to feel the magical essences that resonated from the Crystal. All Crystalborn, such as she, were sensitive to those energies. It was what strengthened their abilities with magic.

She did not expect the Crystal to suddenly flash with energy, but it didn't take her long to realize what had happened. She knew, in fact, before the great bells began tolling from the highest towers of Acropolis. She knew when she sensed a soul arrive in the Crystal, sensed the sorrow and resigned apathy that was so characteristic of the Great Keeper.

A tear fell down her furred face. "Rest with your ancestors, Great One."

The Great Keeper was dead. Who would be called to stand in his place? Astraea could only wait for the Crystal to make the call.

[/center]
Celestria
Admin

Character sheet
Progression Points:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile http://www.maracaegrizzley.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Beginnings in Astraea

Post by Darkness on Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:43 am

While most of the people of Astraea were busy being silent as can be, one of it ports was alive with activity due to how a pirate ship had docked in it. At first the guards were called in but when a young girl with large pink hair walked off the ship and onto the dock, well to be honest everyone was pretty damn confused as the girl then said "Hey you soldier guys, hurry up over here. We got whole ship load of pirates to turn in." She walked back onto the ship with the guards now following, it was then they saw all the banged up pirates that were tied up all over the place as a young boy with blue hair and antenna like hairstyle sat on the pirate captain.

He looked over at the guards and said "Pff you guys are so slow, if these guys were trying to attack this place they could of sacked the place and ran off before you got here." He got off the Pirate Captain though he did make good measure to kick the guy in the face as he walked off, he walked up to the captains quarters and knocked on the door as he said "Boss come on, we are docked and the guards are ready to gather up our meal tickets." The kid walked away from the door to sit back down on his favorite pirate chair.

The door opened to show a young gentleman dressed in black and gold clothing and featuring flawless white skin, his eyes glowed a soft red at the moment as he looked at the guards and said "Greetings, I apologize about the commotion but it is ever so hard to turn in a pirate ship without a little fuss happening. I do hope that everything is ok." He stared at the Guards who just stared for a moment before one said "C-come with me sir, I am guessing you want the reward for all these people and their ship." the young man bowed his his head slightly in agreement before he followed the guard with the young girl behind him and behind her the young boy.

After a few hours in the barracks the three visitors walked out with their coin purse full of gold, as the young man was even able to get a few extra gold coins thrown in with a little negotiation on his part. As the three looked at their money the young man said this "Hmm seems a powerful being has just died, I can feel the death upon the winds.......how about we go see what this is all about." He walked toward the Acropolis with the intention to find out just what was going on at the moment, with the young pink haired girl behind him and the young blue haired boy covering the rear.
Darkness

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestria on Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:02 pm

As the odd group made their way to the city the great bells began to toll out the news to the city and most of those around them paused in their somber activities to bow their heads for a moment, some closing their eyes in brief emotion at the announcement of a passing which almost wasn't a surprise.

And yet which was.

Still, the feeling lingered in a great many hearts and minds that perhaps the Great Keeper had truly died centuries before, but no one would speak those words. Not so soon after his all-too-untimely death. Elves didn't die of natural causes, not with healing so readily available. Not unless they chose to depart the mortal life or unless someone made that choice for them.

But no one was going to say that, either.

A figure watched the group of strangers with a curious tilt to his head. Auren, from the lean look of him, with brown hair that he pulled back and tied at the back of his neck, and dressed in dark leather with buckles and discreet pockets. How odd, he thought to himself, from Glaisne no less if I'm not mistaken. This could be . . . advantageous.

He pushed himself away from the wall and began to follow the trio up to the city proper. He was going to the Sanctum Crystalis anyway, all the better to be properly in place when the time came.

[/center]
Celestria
Admin

Character sheet
Progression Points:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness on Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:15 pm

The leader of the group stopped for a few moments when he heard the bells, and also to see what could be the cause of the rest of the city's inactivity. When it seemed the bells themselves were to blame, he figured that the person who died must of been either very beloved or held quite a position of power.

The young girl then spoke up "If I remember correctly, that is used to tell when the Great Keeper has passed away. I did not expect to hear it in my life time, elves have such long life spans." the young boy though just said "So out with the old and in with the new, you'd think they would be happy to get rid of an old person. I was more than happy to be the one to rip the head off my old teacher." "Well Laharl unlike you we are not demons, we don't find much enjoyment out of pain and suffering. But I would like to study your mind to see why your kind love it so much." "If you come near me with any of your inventions again I swear I will throw you over a barn Washu...." Said the one called Laharl as the one called Washu just shrugged a bit as she wasn't scared.

Now while those two were busy bickering their leader was busy looking around for more information that would be of use, it was then he started to feel the strange feeling of being followed. But by now there was a small crowd around them so he could not tell who was following them and who was just going in the same direction, either way he quickened his pace to the Sanctum Crystalis and only took them an few extra minutes before they were outside its doors. He could now feel the energy and the souls that were in there, the power was almost a drug to him and he wished he had the power to take it for himself. But he knew taking so many souls at once could very well throw the balance of life and death out of sync, to do that would be foolish so he put that idea away forever. But what to do now was the next part to be thought out now.
Darkness

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestria on Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:18 am

The Great Crystal sensed the entrance of the man who so desired the power held within its crystalline depths. It was more than simply the repository of untold generations of souls, a fragment of the original homeworld of the Crystalborn and thus the essence of their inner immortality.

All worlds have their beginnings . . . and their endings. And when a world finally wound down towards that final end they who lived on the soil made shells of it to carry them safely elsewhere, and carried with them that heaven and hell which was their final just reward.

In choosing to become one with this world they opened the gates of that immortal rest to all those who were on this world and slowly the two, the Crystal Plains and the native afterlife, were becoming one, but it was a very slow process.

Until then the Great Crystal served at the Hub of a network through which those souls could travel and communicate with each other and, sometimes, even with those they had left behind.

The Great Crystal benefited from so many souls having been part of it for so long. It had a certain wisdom that mere rock could never manage. It knew that the mere presence of such lust for power could be a dangerous weakness if that man were given access to the strength that lay within the Crystal.

And so, even though he was otherwise an admirable candidate, the Crystal chose to continue its search for a new Keeper elsewhere, hoping to find someone more resistant to the siren's lure of power, one with the native strength to resist the storms and yet harness them, one with the innocence to look at the world with new eyes . . .

Because change was certainly coming to them all and it was coming all too soon.

Miuka saw the trio enter the chamber and she frowned slightly, tilting her head as she looked at the two of them, still bickering back and forth. She didn't know them by face, but she knew the style of dress on one at least, and that was strongly Glaisne in cut. The other two were completely odd to her eyes.

And she didn't like the way the one looked at the Great Crystal, though she didn't have anything to complain about his behavior so far. It was the other two who were loud and obnoxious. She fluttered her wings and flew over to them.

"May I be of service?" she asked in her piping voice.

The man who followed them watched from a distance. He knew the small one, but was curious about how she would interact with this oh-so-interesting trio that spoke so calmly and nonchalantly of demons and death. He would find the moment to introduce himself soon enough.

[/center]
Celestria
Admin

Character sheet
Progression Points:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness on Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:42 am

The young man was only staring at the crystal for a few moments longer before he trained his eyes on the strange female being coming toward his group, he did not know what type of creature she was but at least it showed that creation wasn't lazy as her look was quite different than what he normally sees.

He could then easily tell it was Washu and Laharl that were bothering the female and to that he quickly turned to the two and said "Will you two be silent, this is not the time or place for you two to bicker." That was enough to make Washu be quiet as she did agree to the fact that she shouldn't be bickering with Laharl in here, but Laharl was just about to say a few more words until a rune appeared on his mouth and prevented him from talking. He clawed at the rune for a while before he just crossed his arms and glared with utter hate at the young man, to which he only gained a bored look from the gentleman.

The leader of the group turned to look at Miuka and bowed to her with all the grace of someone with proper British upbringing of the days of kings and queens, he then said "I am terribly sorry for my companions' actions, we are simply here to pay our respects to the now late Great Keeper. Now allow me to introduce myself and my friends, as it is the very least we can do after they ruined the tranquility of this sacred place. I am known as Advocat, while the young lady with me is called Washu, and the rather loud young man is called Laharl." Advocat smiled a slight bit to show his un-hostile nature, but under all this he was looking for ways to get a bit of leverage in this world and if this female could give him that he would be as kind as he could be to her.
Darkness

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestria on Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:20 pm

Miuka smiled at the polite words from Advocat. She'd been around the block a couple times, well, more times then she would admit but wise people didn't make comments about her age, and she'd heard soft words and flattery from some of the best that Artegal could offer.

But even she had to admit that this gentleman was one smooth-tongued example. He was almost better than that rogue she'd met a few years back. He'd always promised to come back to Astraea and see her, but she hadn't seen him show up yet.

She nodded to him. "You are most kind for you concern. The spirit of the one who has passed is likely still adjusting to the immortal reality of the Crystal Plain and will not be able to commune with those who are here for some time. At the moment we wait for the Crystal to choose a successor. Once that is done then some of us will go to find the chosen one and begin the process of seeing that one on their initial journey."

She looked as though she were about to say something else when the one who had been discreetly following them and eavesdropping quite unashamedly in the process, decided that the time had come for his introduction.

He stepped forward and called out, "Why if it's not little Miuka! It's so good to see you again!" He walked up and bowed to the Moogle woman with a teasing glint in his eyes. He could play the flirting game with anyone, and Miuka was one of those who knew that it was simply a game to him.

He turned, then, to look at Advocat and nodded his head in greeting. "Forgive my interruption, I am Tiernan Nathair. This little one is a friend of mine from some few years ago. What brings you to Astraea at this sorrowful time?"

[/center]
Celestria
Admin

Character sheet
Progression Points:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness on Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:51 pm

Advocat was pleased to see that his words did indeed have the intended effect on the young female, as time went on he listened to her talk and nodded in understanding toward her words. Soon he said "Ah I understand, it is a pity we cannot pay our respects to him none the less. But you said the crystal will choose the next Great Keeper, correct? Hmm that is indeed interesting, I do hope that the next Keeper is found soon." Advocat turned to look at the man who just joined the conversation and was not sure what to make of this man just yet.

He listened to the young man talk and when asked why he was here he simply stated "Greetings Tiernan Nathair, as I had said to the Madam Miuka, we came here to pay our respect to the Great Keeper. But due to the fact that is not possible at the moment. I suppose we are now simply see all that Astraea has to offer." Advocat was weary though of the young man as something about him just didn't sit right with Advocat.

Laharl at the moment was now just staring at Miuka and keeping his distance from her, cute was NOT his forte and he intended to keep her away from him. Washu though was busy looking at the crystal, studying it with only her eyes.
Darkness

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestria on Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:48 pm

Tiernan smiled at Advocat. So this one didn't trust him. He supposed it was only fair. He wasn't sure he trusted Advocat, although he had to give the man credit for a remarkable sense of style and an unusual choice of traveling companions.

Miuka almost chuckled aloud as she saw the way the boyish one kept edging away from her. She found his hesitance rather humorous. That, and it was always rather cute the way young males found her overwhelming beauty to be slightly fearsome. There was really only one thing for her to do.

She was about to make a flying leap towards the boy to hug him whether he wanted it or not when the Great Crystal started humming.

All eyes immediately turned to the Crystal and an expectant hush filled the room as the humming grew louder and louder. Finally there was a shout, almost, of joy from within the Crystal and a voice called out, deep and reverberating. It was the Shokanjuu within the Crystal, Bahamut himself.

"She is found! Daughter of the ocean waves and of the Crystal's children. Born of Ula-Ronat, the chosen Summoner is Lei'Ahree of Neorah!"

Once the voice fell silent, dozens more rose up in surprise and delight. There would be a new Great Keeper. Even in their sorrow for the loss of the old, the chance to celebrate a new leader was not one to be passed up.

[/center]
Celestria
Admin

Character sheet
Progression Points:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness on Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:04 pm

Laharl saw the moogle get ready to leap at him and so he had dived behind Washu just before the shout yelled out and stopped the moogles action, Washu turned to stare at Laharl as he said ".....I.....do not.....like this place......" Washu just bonked him on the head as she said "Don't try to look under my skirt." "LIKE HELL I WOULD!" yelled out Laharl which simply caused Advocat to have the runes appear all over the boy covering his body and keeping him from moving.

Advocat picked up Laharl by his scarf and stared right into the boy's eyes, he glared at him for a few moments until he put him down and let the runes disappear. When that happened Laharl wrapped his arms around himself and just sat on the ground shuddering, he knew Advocat was very close to torturing him if he didn't straighten up.

Advocat turned to look at moogle female and said "Madam Miuka, now that the new Great Keeper have been chosen. Who will be sent to get her? I would assume that at least a few guardians of sorts would be sent, to ensure her safety from rouge mages, highway men, pirates, and other such lawless factions." Advocat was not sure if there was an enemy nation to this one, so he opted to only mention lawless men and women.

Also he wanted to see this Lei'Ahree, he wanted to see what a person worthy of being called a great keeper is like. While still alive of course, that and this person might be able to assist him in figuring out this world better. He did not like asking for answers, even from Washu and the woman wasn't exactly that up to date on the day to day dealings of nations anyway.
Darkness

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestria on Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:20 pm

Miuka quirked an eyebrow at the way Advocat had wordlessly reprimanded his young companion and was rather curious at how he had managed it. Advocat's question, though, pulled her back to the current situation. She nodded to him. "Yes, we must decide who will see to her safe journey. I, of course, will go." That almost went without saying. She was the most well-traveled person in all of Astraea, and the initial journey of a new Great Keeper was something that not many people were able to see even once in their lives, and she'd seen it twice . . . that she would admit.

Tiernan took a step forward. "I shall accompany you on this journey, pretty Miuka. After all, this is a chance that I probably won't have again." He looked at Advocat. "I presume that you would wish to accompany us as well? It is a chance to see each of the Nations as the chosen candidate makes her journey through all Artegal."

The man had a point, after all, there were various lawless factions out there, and monsters, and lawless factions in league with monsters . . . and then there were things that not even they suspected. If the chosen candidate were to truly make her way to claim her place as Great Keeper, then she would need very strong companions along the way. And Tiernan had every intention of being one of them every step of the way.

[/center]
Celestria
Admin

Character sheet
Progression Points:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness on Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:35 pm

Advocat looked at the one called Tiernan for a few moments trying to figure out just what this man was up to, but for now he could not quite see souls as well as he used to. He would need to get a bit stronger before that would return to him. He did think over the prospect and to his displeasure he would go along with this, he looked over at his group and then said "It would be a fine way to see the nations, and I am sure Washu will be excited to learn more about the other nations' technological advances. She is very fascinated by such things." Washu grinned a bit insanely at that but on her cute form, well it just looked a bit cute/creepy so not many would know to be careful of her.

Laharl though grumbled a bit at the prospect until Advocat said "Also it would be a wonderful chance for Laharl to learn more about the warriors of each nation, who knows he might even teach them a few things." To that Laharl's face changed to a smile that showed off his sharp fangs, which is quite normal for most demons of hell. To that Advocat then said "Now then, Madam Miuka where should we go first. I will assume you would wish to gather some supplies as well as gathering a trust worthy crew perchance? I am not very familar with this nation though, but my group will assist in paying for any expenses to be of help."
Darkness

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestria on Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:07 am

Miuka nodded at Advocat's offer of assistance. "This will be a long journey indeed, but one that is very necessary for the ability of the candidate to effectively lead all the Nations." She didn't add, particularly in these trying times because she knew that Tiernan sounded like he came from Glaisne and she certainly didn't like some of his attitudes towards Eremaki and oh, the headache that could have been had the candidate actually been a child of Eremaki . . .

Though she'd yet to hear of any Summoner having been born on those shores. The very first Great Keepers were of Eremaki, but after a while . . . the talent stopped showing up.

Still, there was so much to arrange. She had to find a vessel that was sturdy and yet maneuverable, one able to withstand many environments since they would be visiting each of the Nations, preferably one able to fly through the air as well as sail through the sea, though if she had to settle for a walking/swimming vessel that would be sufficient.

Her mind whirled about with ideas and counter ideas and she smiled at Advocat. "I appreciate your offer. Yes, there is much to see to arranging and we do not have much time in which to do it. The sooner we are able to embark, the sooner we are able to see the Summoner on her journey and the sooner she will be back here to take her place as the Great Keeper."

Tiernan lifted a curious eyebrow. This strange man had certainly won over Miuka quickly enough, and that was something that got his curiosity spinning madly. He still half suspected that Miuka was playing him in some way and her delight in this stranger seemed rather genuine.

What sort of man was this? And would he be one worth recruiting . . . or removing?

[/center]
Celestria
Admin

Character sheet
Progression Points:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness on Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:55 am

Advocat nodded in understanding of what Miuka said and then responded "After we leave this place I'll give an old friend of mine a little call. He will be very helpful in gathering supplies, and getting them on what ever ship you choose." Advocat was talking about his personal demon bodyguard called Bloodletter, and he knew the demon would do the job with little trouble as it is better than any treatment the rest of his kind gained from the devils of hell.

Advocat now waited for Miuka to lead the way, all the while he stared at Tiernan due to his intense feeling that this man is not giving the whole story as to who he is.
Darkness

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestria on Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:49 am

It took Miuka the better part of several hours to come to a decision about a ship, and while she wasn't completely happy with the vessel that she chose, it had the most maneuverability of any that she could find.

It still would mean that there were areas they simply could not sail to, but those would be few and taking other methods to travel would simply add to the experience for the Summoner Candidate.

The vessel was the Venta Neptus and Miuka zipped through the rooms looking at everything. There would be plenty of room, and then some, for all of them and however many individuals decided to make the journey with them.

The only thing left was to see to their supplies and then make arrangements to set sail for Ula-Ronat.

Tiernan knew that Advocat did not take his eyes off him, and under other circumstances he might have wondered if that would have been flattering . . . but he knew that it was distrust motivating the man not other possible emotions. Fair enough, he supposed, Tiernan didn't trust Advocat either.

They were going to have to confront each other at some point, before the matter became so obvious that Miuka felt it necessary to say something.

Tiernan wasn't so naive as to think she hadn't noticed yet.

[/center]
Celestria
Admin

Character sheet
Progression Points:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness on Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:15 pm

Advocat, Laharl, and Washu had kept themselves busy by helping buy supplies such as food, water, medical potions, thick clothing for the group when they are to travel into any cold areas, and other such things that would be highly useful for the trip.

Though of course Advocat bought one thing that wasn't truly needed, but to him it was something he had gone without long enough. He bought himself a tea set that was made out of glass, the glass was quite beautiful and looked like sapphires due to the coloration of the glass. That did mean he did buy some tea sacks, cream, and sugar cubes, when everything was bought that did mean they had quite a few crates to be carried around. To that though Advocat simply placed his hand on the ground for a moment, it caused a large demonic rune to appear and soon after a large demon crawled its way out.

Advocat looked up at the rather large demon and said "Hello again old friend, I do hope your rest was enjoyable." The demon only responded with silence, but Advocat knew what was being said to his soul. He nodded his head in satisfaction to the answer he received before saying "Now, will you kindly assist in the storage of our supplies. We have a long trip ahead of ourselves." To that the demon only responded by action, he promptly walked over to a pile of crates and easily picked up about ten of the big things before walking toward the ship.

Advocat smiled a slight bit at that as he was always pleased by the demon called Bloodletter as he demon was the only one that never tried to question him, he then went to pick up a few crates himself and carry them on with little trouble. He may be a summoner but he was more a Dark Knight than that, Washu and Laharl helped as well so after only a few minutes all the items were stored away as the now four person group waited on the ship. Though just like Advocat Bloodletter didn't like the man either, he could feel the darkness on the human and when ever humans get hold of darkness they tend to go bad. Humans really should learn to not try to play with things they can't comprehend, either way the demon kept himself between Advocat and Tiernan though it did stare at Miuka but only out of utter confusion as to what the devil she was.

Though Bloodletter wasn't the only one staring at Miuka since Laharl was keeping his eye on her too, he didn't trust that chick to keep to herself as Washu just snickered and said "Keep that up and someone will mistake your caution for admiration." ".....Don't even go there........you know how much I hate things like that." responded Laharl to which Washu simply shrugged and went back down to the lower decks to look at the engine system.
Darkness

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestria on Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:48 pm

Miuka absolutely loved being the center of attention. It was what made this journey somewhat bittersweet to her actually, because when they reached the one they sought the Summoner would become the focus and Miuka would simply be one more companion on someone else's journey.

Still, she liked the way she had the absolute attention of two different people, males both, as well as two additional males who were ever so polite to her. She and Tiernan had a longstanding game going, though she had to wonder about the hints of conflict between him and Advocat.

Once everything was loaded and they were ready for the journey, the vessel departed from the pier just outside Acropolis, on the shores of the main island, and began the journey towards Ula-Ronat and the small island of Neorah.

They would be several days on the water, at least, to reach Ula-Ronat and then they would need to sail to the furthest edge of the Nation to reach Neorah.

Tiernan made it a point to find a chance to talk to Advocat while the two of them were up on deck one day. Dissembling would likely fail, and there was no reason to talk around something they both knew, so he opted for a direct approach.

"You don't trust me, do you?"

Miuka, on the other hand, was enjoying the sunlight and looking for a chance to give that Laharl boy the glomp he looked like he needed. All young men needed the occasional glomp or they didn't grow properly. That was a truth Miuka simply knew.

[/center]
Celestria
Admin

Character sheet
Progression Points:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness on Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:01 pm

Advocat was sitting in a chair sipping some of his tea that was as close to the style of English tea as he could get on this world, it was then Tiernan bothered him and caused Advocat to look up from his tea and stared at him for a few moments.

It was then he said softly "Firstly it would of been far more polite to say hello before saying that, but to answer your question. Yes I do not trust you in the least, you remind me of certain.....people I have come to know and they were never worthy of trust. I am a very good judge of character Tiernan, and so far my mind sees you as someone to keep at arms length at all times. But do not worry, I may not trust you but that does not mean that I would abandon you or let you fight a battle alone. Just do not expect me to be comfortable around you just yet, I need to learn a bit more about you before that can happen." Advocat left the topic at that before he went back to sipping his tea and then eating a crumpet.

Laharl was on pins and needles from this trip as he could just feel dread when ever he was near that moogle, for the moment he opted to stay in the crow's nest for safety from ambush. To be honest Laharl sort of looked like a cat hiding in a tree from a wolf, Bloodletter though had opted to stop staring at Miuka due to how he was keeping his demonic eyes on Tiernan since the man was so close to his master.

All the while Washu was busy working on some new fuel system to use on the airship, it would be used to make it faster........that is if it doesn't blow up on her.
Darkness

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestria on Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:23 pm

Tiernan chuckled softly. "Oh, I assure you, to my enemies I am dangerous but I do not count you among those enemies so long as you do not threaten my goals." He smiled and lounged against a nearby chair. "My goals at this moment are simple enough. I wish to locate the Summoner candidate for Great Keeper, see that she completes her journey and arrives in Astraea to take her place at the Crystal. So, unless we differ on that subject we should be able to work together amicably, don't you think?"

Miuka was starting to get worried about the Laharl boy. He had been in that crow's nest for far too long. She knew the dangers of sunblindness from the reflection on the water and from heat exhaustion from being unprotected against the light. That boy was far too young to be up there all by himself without even a shirt on! All he had was that great scarf around his neck which might've been better than nothing, but still.

He could be getting sick!

There was only one thing for her to do.

Miuka fluttered her wings and made her way over to where Advocat sat speaking with Tiernan. She looked up at Laharl's traveling companion and widened her eyes to make her concern ever more apparent. "Mister Advocat, I am worried about Laharl. He has not come down from that platform all the way up in the air like that for hours and it's not good for a young man to be that long in the sun, unprotected like that."

She toed the deck a bit with one paw where she stood and looked almost droopy with worry. "I fear that if he stays up there much longer then he will become gravely ill. Sunlight, while beneficial, can kill just as completely as a sword and sometimes much more cruelly." She sighed looking despondent. "Please, he seems to look to you for leadership. He needs to come down and rest in the shade."

She looked up into Advocat's face. "Please?"

[/center]
Celestria
Admin

Character sheet
Progression Points:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness on Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:56 pm

Advocat simply quirked a brow when Tiernan spoke of his goals and to that he simply said "My goals are not quite the same as yours, but rest assured that it does involve keeping this new Great Keeper safe from harm." Advocat was doing this to gain information and to see how best to work the right angles of this world, not to ensure the safety of some sage like woman that this Great Keeper could be.

It was then that Miuka came to him and started to voice her worries about Laharl of all people, and as he listened to her concern he simply chuckled a slight bit and said "Normally I would assure someone that he is quite alright, but to help you feel less worry. I will have him come down." Advocat only had to will it and Laharl had to do it, the runes appeared all over the young boy and jerked him up and out of the crow's nest.

Unfortunately Laharl was too busy trying to get back into the crows nest to worry about the landing, so he hit the deck with a thunk and was flat on his back. Even Advocat had to say "Well I am sure that must of be painful." Laharl though for the most part was ok, this being showed by him jumping up and holding the back of his head as he yelled "BY THE NINE CIRCLES OF HELL THAT FUCKING HURT!" Laharl lashed around and glared at Advocat as he said "What do you want!?!" now due to how Laharl did show a rather comical scene to Advocat he simply chuckled and said "Miuka was worried about you being up there for so long, so I had you come down here. I did not have any intention of you falling flat on your back, why did you allow that to happen?" Laharl just rubbed the back of his head and grumbled before trying to walk off away from them all.
Darkness

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestria on Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:42 pm

Miuka saw Laharl fall flat on his back and her little paws went right to her mouth out of concern. Oh the poor boy! She really didn't pay attention to his shouting, her ears heard sounds of pain and that just sent her little heart aching for him.

"Oh, little one!" she cried out, not caring that she was actually smaller than he was. She was in the air in a moment and dove right towards him, wrapping her arms around his neck and hugging him. "I was so worried about you. You were up there for so long and I was worried that you would get sick!"

Tiernan merely watched the scene with one hand covering his mouth, hiding the wide grin because he strongly suspected that the boy had more than met his match in the devious little moogle, and he found it utterly hilarious.

[/center]
Celestria
Admin

Character sheet
Progression Points:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness on Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:53 pm

Advocat's mood quickly brightened when he saw what Miuka just did, he smiled a slight bit and even chuckled a tiny bit. Even Bloodletter let out a gruff chuckle as well which was rare, and one could see why. Laharl's face was frozen in utter terror, his iris and pupils had shrunken to tiny points of color in his eyes as his body locked in a way that normally only a petrify spell would do.

Advocat then said "Three......two..........one." He watched Laharl let out a loud yell of utter pain as he started to run around trying to get Miuka off of him, his hair was starting to get paler and his skin was getting pasty. He was all the while yelling at the top of his lung, and it only two about a minute for him to just collapse on the deck and twitch on the ground. Advocat let out one more chuckle then said "My dear Miuka as sweet as your concern about him is, it would be best for his health if you would kindly let him go. He has negative reactions to anything that shows affection toward him, it sort of a poison of sorts for him. Though seems to have a lessened effect on him while he is in battle, I suppose of the fact his focus on harming another person helps shield him from that weakness."

Washu by now had heard the racket and was up on the deck trying to see what happened, when she saw what happened to Laharl she quickly fell to the ground holding her sides as she laughed at this. After a while she got up and said "Well at least it a complement of sorts to you Miuka, he only reacts that badly to hugs and such when the giver of the hug is an attractive or cute girl." She started to snicker again as Laharl looked plain silly at the moment.
Darkness

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestria on Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:08 am

When Laharl reacted as he did, Miuka thought that all her worst fears were realized. The boy had been in the direct sun for too long and had done his body great harm. She actually squeezed him *more* tightly out of that great concern. She fully intended to pack him off to one of the rooms and begin pouring great amounts of lemonade and chicken soup into his stomach until he recovered.

Hearing, though, that the very act of hugging was what caused his reaction, her eyes grew round and she blinked several times in disbelief. She loosened her hold on Laharl as she looked at Advocat and then back at Laharl and then back to Advocat and then finally back to Laharl.

Her mouth moved for several moments as she tried to form words and when she did it came out as a grief-stricken cry. "Oh you POOR BOY!!!!!!" She glomped him again out of sheer reflex and utter maternal concern. "I can't imagine how horrible it must be to fear the very contact you need to grow properly!"

Miuka was utterly convinced that the source of the boy's reaction was that he simply hadn't been hugged ENOUGH and so that the only way to help him recover from the condition was to help him struggle through acclimating to things.

"It's gonna be okay," she said, "I'll take care of you. It'll take time but I know that with effort and practice you'll get all better and it'll be okay again! Oh I cannot imagine how awful it must be to be unable to hug the ones you care about!"

Tiernan was rapidly losing the battle to keep from bursting out in loud laughter at the sight of the moogle, her arms wrapped around Laharl's arm and sounding like she was adopting him for a son.

He hadn't had this much fun in ages.

[/center]
Celestria
Admin

Character sheet
Progression Points:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness on Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:43 pm

Laharl had enough of this and finally his anger just got too much for the weakness to affect, he glared at the moogle and said "I'M A WRATH DEMON, I DON'T LIKE HUGS! NOW GET OFFF!!!!!!!!" He finally pried the moogle off and went back up the mast to the crow's nest, his claw like fingernails being used to climb it as he was in no mood for climbing up the correct way.

Advocat sighed a slight bit before he got up and walked over to Miuka to help her up and dust her off, he then said "He is correct, he is indeed a demon of hell. But being a wrath demon is not the main reason he does not enjoy any show of affection, it is the fact that his mother was a Succubus and thus he is part incubus. A fact he does not enjoy too well, but do not worry he will not be a fully grown incubus for a while. I do hope you do not judge him too harshly for his actions now." Advocat went back to his seat, oh he enjoyed the show but he had to ensure Laharl's lousy temperament did not cost them an ally this early in the game.

Washu leaned up against the cabin part of the ship and wondered a slight bit as to what a grown up Laharl would look like, so far such an idea seemed impossible for a boy that is so childish at times.
Darkness

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestria on Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:08 am

Miuka listened to Advocat's explanation with a surprisingly patient expression on her face. "Oh that poor boy!" She finally figured out what he needed most and that was the one thing she was most equipped to provide out of everyone on the ship.

"I'll take care of him like he was my own son! I'm sure his mother is frantic with worry about him, with him being away from home so young and needing his mother so much more than usual with trying to make the transition into adulthood." A lump formed in her throat as she thought about the three young kits that had never seen even the age that Laharl now struggled through.

So help her, she would do right by him.

She nodded to Advocat. "Thank you ever so much for letting me know these things. I assure you, I do not hold his behavior against you. You are most polite, the best possible example to one such as him. He has been allowed to run wild as a weed. It has given him strength, but he must learn to control that strength or it will control him."

She smiled at Advocat, the expression looking strange for the glint of deviousness to her eyes. "I think we'll be able to work quite well together."

[/center]
Celestria
Admin

Character sheet
Progression Points:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down