None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 20 on Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:09 am

Storms over Neorah

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Storms over Neorah

Post by Masurao on Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:33 am

"Are you as deranged as you are foul!?!" Said Ichabod to the Dark Keeper.

Such outbursts were not commonplace for the Dullahan. Forcing his composure back, he addressed Tiernan. Snake or not, it was no excuse not to be civil. Especially since the strange one made a very good point,

"Realize that we are dealing with a Merrow, Tiernan. And we are still within the Summer Solstice. The desert would claim her before any assassin would."

Letting his prejudice supercede his logic would not do a single soul any good. Continuing to maintain serenity in himself, he further reasoned.

"The rituals need not start in Eremaki, but it would be an ideal place to stock up. From there, we should make for Vardit, before the weather turns too cold in the north."

...Glaisne wanted the Nine Holdings. Of that, he was certain. But, it puts some of his fears to ease. It meant they needed her alive. She was in no danger, not for the moment. Of course, he still had no intent to manipulate her. ...But he had a reason.

"If nothing else, I do have a promise to keep."

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Eiko wouldn't be alone for long.

A young man knelt down near her. Obviously of Eremakian descent, he looked as though he'd seen better days. His hair, which looked to be in desperate need of a wash, was unlike that of the majority of his people. It was a pale shade of orange-red, not unlike that of the blush of a peach. His skin seemed to cling to his bones, his ruby red eyes looking sunken. He wore traditional kimono, but the entirity of the outfit, once red, perhaps, was sun-faded and damaged. Even all this aside, he looked to have a serene peace about him, as if his condition didn't bother him. His voice, though it sounded as weathered as him, was possessed of a boisterous presence.

"Oi, oi, oi? What're you doin' here all alone?"

Masurao
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestria on Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:41 am

The arguing didn't stop. Leia just wanted to hold her head and shout for all of them to leave her alone, she wasn't going anywhere! She looked at her hands. She was as much elf as she was Merrow, but she was Merrow, too. She knew what Ichabod meant when he talked about the summer in Brimlad. Late Summer . . . she was born in Late Summer, during the middle of the day as a storm ravaged right over the island, sending rain as thick and hard as walls against the huts that protected them. Her birth howls had been heard only because the eye of the storm chose right then to pass over them.

The strongest winds and rains are on either side of that precious calm.

She just wanted the arguing to stop, but it wouldn't stop. They wouldn't leave her alone to live her life in peace! For some reason she didn't understand Bahamut had reached into her life and shredded everything she'd held dear.

And even if she took this awful journey, it would only take her ever further away from her home, her beads, the waters and caverns she knew and had explored since she was old enough to swim.

She didn't want her life to change!

Neorah hadn't been the same after the storm that pummeled the island when she was born. Every hut in the village had been shredded and flattened and belongings were scattered and broken across the whole island. Trees that were older than her mother were gone, torn up by their roots and carried away by the waters. Only the birthing hut had been undamaged, and the villagers survived because most of them had retreated to underwater caverns to wait out the damage.

A few had been swept out to sea. Some didn't make their way back.

And there she had been, the newborn daughter of the Chief, new life in the midst of chaos.

With the fading of Leviathan's Keeper, which everyone knew about, but said nothing, there had been a few whispers that maybe the storm had marked Leia as the next Keeper of Ula-Ronat. She'd ignored the rumors like she'd ignored the looks she'd gotten from the village boys over the years.

But she'd still heard them.

Miuka was arguing with Tiernan, who was trying not to shout at her and at Ichabod and she just knew that Ichabod was going to shout back and oh, if Advocat got into the mess . . .

It sounded very nearly like the howling of the winds during the last storm.

She stood up and shouted, and for a moment it was the calm between the storms.

She looked first at Tiernan. "You do not command my choices, not now not ever. Should I agree to this madness, it will be at a time and place of my choosing." She looked around at the group of them. "And that time is not now."

She turned to Advocat. "I appreciate your support and your words, and most of all your sympathy. Thank you."

Miuka watched the girl for a moment as she took command of the situation in a way that was clearly instinctive. She was a natural at leadership, clearly, if only she'd accept the role which was chosen for her.

Leia looked at Miuka and her expression tightened. "If I don't want Bahamut, he cannot force me to become his Keeper and he will have to find someone else. If that takes years, then that takes years, but I am not going to have my life dictated to me by anything."

Finally she turned to Ichabod. "Do not for a moment think that I will tolerate insults the likes of which I have heard shouted in this place. I don't care what he is or what you are. So long as the two of you are within my hearing you will be polite and you will not bait each other with sniping words." She paused. "Now, yes, there is the matter of a promise made, and I have words I wish to speak to one who is not here. I wish to travel to Eremaki to meet with this Emperor of yours that would send a man to steal a girl away from the life she knows no matter what the threat may be against her."

She looked around again. "I am not beginning this journey you seem set on, and I do not know yet which direction I would go even if I did. Both of you are forgetting one fact. I would need to visit Mother-of-Pearl at some point on the way. I have never been there before."

At that she turned and walked back to the village after nodding to Crucent. She would need her best friend at her side the entire way, of that she had no doubt.

She wasn't stumbling when she reached the village, but she was fairly tear-blinded as she made her way back to the hut where she lived with her parents. She just wanted quiet and a chance to cry.

[/center]
Celestria
Admin

Character sheet
Progression Points:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile http://www.maracaegrizzley.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness on Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:06 am

Advocat watched as Tiernan was busy bickering with Miuka all the while trying his best to keep his anger and rage in check, while Miuka seemed to be just frustrated for the most part, with Ichabod trying his best to be calm. But the real show was Leia's soul......now that was quite an array of colors she was producing, though anger and frustration showed a bit more than most though it was to be expected for a young woman placed in such a situation.

Advocat listened to her give the two men and the moogle a piece of her mind and then when she thanked him he bowed his head with a slight smile and said "You are most welcome my dear, I do hope things turn out for the best for you. Maybe we can have tea some other time perhaps." Advocat loved his tea as much as he loved wine and for even a devil........Advocat loved his wine, so him asking people to share tea with him was a very good form of approval from him. He then watched the girl talk about what she would do and what will happen if she says no, simply put that fire in her soul was quite wonderful to see really. Reminds him of his own soul before it became what it is now, oh yes indeed Lady Lei'Ahree would be a wonderful traveling companion to say the least.

He looked at the three after Leia left and he simply stirred a small spoon in his tea cup, he then said "Well that could have gone better, though thankfully it could have gone worse as well. Either way you wish to look at it, I would advise against any of us besides her personal friends from coming anywhere near the girl. Least she unleash her brand of Hell upon us out of pure fury." Advocat had moved Mala to him a while ago and was now stroking the girl's back softly to ensure he didn't damage her wings, and he really did hope that the others learned what he meant. The first was to show that even though they did poorly at this task, they did not utterly fail while the second was to say that Hell hath no furry like a woman's scorn. Which they might earn if they were to pressure her any more or even speak to her without her seeking them out.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Eiko was quickly startled by the man that suddenly approached her as she let out a scream of fear for a second, she then quickly glared at the man as she said "Don't sneak up on people like that!.......What in the name of Odin happened to you???" Eiko stared at him with utter confusion as to what the heck could of cause this man to look like he does, it was then she saw Leia go by in a rather huffy mood. She opted to leave the girl alone and deal with creepy skinny guy first.
Darkness

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Crucent on Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:34 am

As Leia left, Crucent turned and walked back off to her own hut. Zoro followed immidiately.

"What's going on hon?"

As they entered her hut, Crucent sighed and sat down on a big pillow on the floor next to a lowset table. "I'm not sure, but from what I can see, Leia has been selected to be the next Keeper. The thing is, she is afraid to leve this place for ever, cause that is what she will have to do. So, since she is my best friend on this planet, I will go with her to keep her safe and be a friend. I'd be happy if you would come along as well"

Pouring Zoro a drink, she got up and grabbed a backpack and started packing her most important belongings. The darkpurple and pink beaded necklace Leia had made for her, some clothing, her weapons and that was about it really.

Taking a sip of his glass, Zoro smiled a little. "Do you honestly think that I'd come all the way after you to a new planet just to be left behind at the drop of a hat? Of course I'll go with you. Just tell me one thing, is she worth all this?"

Turning around Crucent thought about it a little before answering.
" When I first got here, she was the only one who offered to help me, she helped me get settled and accepted into this town. For that I cannot thank her enough. All I can do is be her friend and companion. So yes, she is worth it."

Setting her backpack by the door, she went over and sat down next to Zoro. "But enough about all this for one night." Smiling at him, Crucent took another glass and filled it up with some wine.
" How have you been?

Crucent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Masurao on Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:03 am

...Well, that didn't go well.

Bowing, very briefly, to the rest of the assembled persons (aside from Tiernan), Ichabod set about finding Lei'Ahree again.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

It is, with the training of ninjutsu, that speed and agility come. And, it is what allowed Ichabod to travel as fast as he did.

The strange man emerged from the shadow of the hut, when her tears had dried. Not within the hut, no. But, the walls were thin enough that she could hear him.

"...Perhaps I did not make the Emperor's wishes clear. ...It is not his wish to force you into a position you do not want. He believes, by being chosen, you are in grave danger. It is protection he seeks to give, through me."

...Of course, he would not get the chance to say anything more.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

The stringy-looking man laughed at the child's question.

"Opium and rehab kid, that's what! And I wouldn't recommend either, they BOTH suck!"

Of course, he noticed, quite readily, what was going on... Sorta. There was an upset girl, and this guy was harassing her.

"'Scuse me."

Taking an odd stance, the strange, thin man shouted.

"Deathblow! My finishing attack!"

At that point, the man leapt up into the air, heading straight for Ichabod. Who looked just in time to see him call the rest of his attack.

"DYNAMIC ENTRY VERSION!!!!"

Seemingly unprovoked, the stranger planted both feet into Ichabod's face, the force sending him airborne, and away some twenty feet.

"THAT'LL LEARN YA! What's wrong with you, harassing distraught women?"

"Still got it." He thought to himself, proud of his handiwork.

Masurao
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Crucent on Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:08 am

Hearing the commotion suddenly coming from Leias hut, Crucent ran outside and saw a man sitting in a pile of rubble as another man in a very well-worn kimono seemed to be the cause of it all.

Cursing, she went over and could easily have killed the man in the kimono for attacking someone just when Leia was in serious emotional upheaval. Grabbing him by his arm she snarled at him
"Listen, I don't care who you are or where you come from, but you will not start a fight in this town right now, especially not right outside the hut of the Village leaders daughter! Try this again, and I will make you regret it."

Not waiting for a reply, she simply shot the other man a withering glance as she went over to Leias hut and knocking on the door she asked quiety "Leia, are you okay? may I come in and talk with you?
Crucent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestria on Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:24 pm

Leia caught herself just short of a growl of utter frustration with Ichabod. The man simply did not listen to her! Still he tried to convince her to his path when she didn't want it at all!

She stomped out of the hut, tears still stinging her eyes and glinting on her cheeks, ready to light into him again when she saw the man lying some distance away and another man looking very much worse for the wear and very proud of himself at the same time standing nearby, with Crucent giving BOTH of them lectures about causing fights in the village.

For a moment she was speechless.

Crucent's question, though, asking to talk to her got her attention. She nodded silently and retreated back into the hut, to the beads and assorted little treasures that she kept close to her.

She just didn't want to leave everything she knew.

[/center]
Celestria
Admin

Character sheet
Progression Points:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness on Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:22 am

Advocat let out a growl of frustration as his temper was starting to flare up and even Mala was a bit jumpy now as she knew her master's temper was not something you want to suffer. He got up from his chair as Mala jumped out of his lap and he took off toward Ichabod all the while mumbling about how damn annoying self-righteous people are. Ichabod reminded Advocat of annoying Angels that didn't seem to understand the fact that what Death Dealer's do is purely legal even if it seems evil.

But by the time Advocat reached Leia's hut he saw Ichabod get sent flying by another man and simply said "I'm getting too old for this....." He just opted to stay where he was and wait for the madness to end as his head was starting to hurt from the fact he was loosing his temper from all this. Eiko on the other hand just stared at skinny man as he got chewed out by Crucent before she said "......Ok you need to lay off the sugar.....you way too wound up on something buddy...." She turned to look at Ichabod's body before saying "Well......he looks to be out cold.......hope you didn't crack his armor." It was then that she spotted Advocat and ran up to him and hugged the Death Dealer's waist.

By then Mala saw this and rushed over to Advocat and glared at Eiko as she said "Leave Mala's master alone." "Make me imp." said Eiko as she stuck out his tongue while Advocat just sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. He looked like an young man who had two little girls crushing on him which would be a very good guess on anyone's part. By then the two girls had their foreheads pressed together as they glared and sort of growled a bit at one another, yep the two were about to fight and if he didn't stop this he would need a very large bottle of wine to make the day better.

He quickly reached down and picked both of them by the back of their shirts and lifted them up as he kept them far apart before saying "Behave you two, I already have a big enough headache at the moment." The fact Advocat was having an headache got their attention as they both clung to his sides and started to try to baby him which just made him sigh some more as the small kisses on his head were actually making it worse due to this insanity.
Darkness

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Crucent on Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:44 am

Walking into Leias hut, Crucent went into the livingroom and sat down.

Sighing deeply, she looked at her friend, and smiling wistfully she saw how upset Leia was, and said "I hate to break the news to you, but I dont think you have much of an option in this matter, I think your father, as much as he loves you, will impress upon you the importance of leaving, sooner rather then later..."
Crucent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestria on Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:03 am

Miuka couldn't believe the level of chaos in the village what with Ichabod knocked cold and that strange man in the kimono, and the girl apparently arguing with the fairy creature over Advocat . . . and in the middle of all of it was still the Summoner Candidate who was NOT on her journey yet.

She sighed, wishing for something that had been taken from her more years before than she cared to ever admit.

And then she waded into the chaos to try to force some order to it.

---
Leia sighed. Her friend was right, as much as she hated to admit it. She pressed the heels of her hands to her eyes, trying to stave off another bout of tears.

"I don't want this, Cru. Any of it. I don't want to leave, I don't want to be made to be anything other than what I am. I'd rather not even be a Summoner if I'd known that it was going to end up turning my whole life upside down."

She shivered then, letting her hands drop. "And the worst thing is that I KNOW that you're right. I DON'T have a choice. And I hate it."

[/center]
Celestria
Admin

Character sheet
Progression Points:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Crucent on Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:15 am

As kindly as she could, Crucent replied "But it may not be such a bad thing sweetie. You always wanted to travel, and just cause you leave now, doesn't mean you'll never be able to return here. Even if it's only for short visits. You can still bring your beading along with you you know, and I promise you you won't be alone, I'll come along and so will my friend Zoro. We'll always be there for you, you know that."
Crucent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestria on Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:21 am

Leia sighed and shook her head. "No, I know what sits at the end of this road they want me to walk, and it's not returning here, not as I am. Cru, if . . . if I accept Bahamut, I won't be able to return here because my home will be in Astraea." She sighed. "The one whom Bahamut calls is the one chosen to lead Astraea and, ultimately, all of Artegal to a degree. Astraea's neutral . . . sort of."

She sighed again. "And I'm still peeved at this arrogant Eremaki Emperor, presuming to send someone to haul me away from my own home, no matter WHAT danger he seems to think I'm in."

[/center]
Celestria
Admin

Character sheet
Progression Points:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Crucent on Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:22 am

" I agree, the way he handled this situation was less then graceful. It would have been better if he at least wrote a letter of explanation, and possibly a pardon. But beeing an Emperor, he is probably used to having everything his own way."

She shrugged and continued "either way, im afraid you will have to go, and the sooner you accept it, the easier departing will be. Not for the rest of those guys sake, but for your own."

Crucent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SailorSilvanesti on Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:51 am

*Of course I'm going the right bloody way!*

She snapped at her companion, sighing in frustration and rolling her sky-blue eyes, whilst her companion proceeded to look hurt. Now she felt guilty.
Damn.

Sphyria sighed, "Look," she said aloud, "I'm sorry, okay? It's just, we've been flying for days since we left Asterea, and I don't think I can take any more!"
A green-tinged hand rested lightly on her own, pale-blue shoulder, a gesture of comfort and compassion that Sphyria knew only too well.

T'ylah smiled softly, luminous yellow eyes flickering back over her slender shoulder into the rear compartment of the 'Jumper, where their ...unusual bond creatures were making disgruntled noises.

*We must land, and soon, or I'm afraid one of them will take matters into their own hands...*

There was silence for a moment as the pair considered the possiblity of finding a hatchling-sized hole in the rear wall, or, better yet, that Brightstar had kicked her way free mid-flight and was soaring off to...well, that was the question wasn't it?

A whinny and rustle of feathers was swiftly followed with the most intolerable screeching that any Elven-born worth their ears would have gladly stuffed their ears with hatchling-droppings to avoid!

Brightstar whinnied in, what sounded strangely like, amusement; she had discovered long ago that ahe could reduce the pair to tears if she merely took to scratching her spiralling horn against certain metal surfaces, such as, oh, the Jumper they were currently encased in...

Sphyria sighed, slumping back in the pilot's chair with her body, armour chinkling heavily against her sides, yet her mind remained as sharp as a dagger; this was getting ridiculous!

"You deal with the-..." she never finished her directive, the strangest noise came from the rear-section, muffled slightly by the vacuum tight doors, but still distinctive.
"Gng-Gng-Gnghsnk-snk-kcha!"

"NO!" The pair cried in unison and leapt for the doors, the Jumper ship lurched sickeningly beneath their feet, doors parting a fraction in time to see the brilliant Sapphire Dragon-hatchling disappear through a hole in the rear-door....Fireball...
Damn.

As swiftly as her young companion -young being a relative term for immortals, such as they- Brightstar the Unicorn unfurled the opalescent angelic wings shaped lovingly for her by T'ylah, and, with a mischeivious glance backwards, soared off into the pale evening.
Pale sunlight gleamed off of their collective scales and star-lined coats, now where were they off to?
The quartet had seen nothing but water for days on end, no islands, nothing!

T'ylah had been convinced that Sphyria had taken a wrong turn somewhere, she kept insisting they stop and ask for directions.
To which, Sphyria smartly replied, From Where?

Sometimes it was hard to remember they were friends...

T'ylah groaned, "Great, now we have to chase them and find somewhere to land, before we run out of power..."

The Jumper's powersource was almost depleted, only days in the sunlight or a concentrated infusion of magic would refill it's engines to optimum performance, but they were days from anywhere, even if they knew where they were to start with...

"Um...If you're here...and I'm here...who's flying the StarJumper?" T'ylah inquired, a note of escalating panic in her voice.

~~
StarJumpers are very unique modes of transport, sleek, yet spacious and everything designed for optimum performance; the Rear-Compartment can hols cargo, or about twelve people, on benches along the sides.
To exit, the rear wall actually folds down into a ramp, with emergency manual release valves under the first seats on the right and next to the ramp itself.

The forward compartment is about half the size, four seats in all, two at the main console and two as passengers.
Here was where the Jumper became unique from other vessels; the controls of the vessel were all keyed through the Pilot and Co-Pilot stations, both on the front dashboard.
This was approx. 30 centimeters from a flat, angled sheet of almost shatter-proof glass, designed to withstand immense pressure or vacuum, neither of which they cared to test...
There was only one way to activate the ship: You had to have the ATAGene, which allows you to directly interface with the computer software and control the ship's functions with your thoughts, or nothing happens.

It is rare, only two people on the planet appeared to have it and they were both in the Jumper at this time, ironically, neither came from this planet either...
~~

Sphyria's eyes widened in realisation.
She swung back to the pilot's chair and instantly interfaced, No! The ship was not responding right, it was...it was as if it couldn't help itself.
The wind howled in the giant hole Midnite had created, creating a giant vacuum through which their oxygen was fast-depleting; even T'ylah's rare Air Elemental Abilities couldn't seem to force it back or block it out.

They were heading downwards at speed!

T'ylah's sharp eyes caught a glimpse, "There!" she cried, pointing towards the horizon, "Land!"
Her delicate hands fluttered over the co-pilot's controls with extreme dexterity, her eyes closed; they began to level out, two minds as one.

Maybe they would make it, maybe...the island was becoming closer, specks moved to and fro, they could make it...

No, we can't, a tight feeling of sadness gripped her chest, as they began to plummet downwards with under a kilometer to go until they reached the sandy shore-line. Water filled the viewscreen like a haze, expanding as it beckoned them closer, T'ylah threw a worried gaze over her shoulder.
What-...? Oh...

The doors, they were ajar. In any other circumstance, they could remain in the vacuum-sealed compartment until the Jumper settled and they could determine whether it was safe to leave, but now...

As they pounded into the solid ocean, Sphyria watched in horrified slow-motion as the water enveloped the Jumper and began to hiss into the forward section, pooling at their feet with deliberate slowness.
Watched in fear as T'ylah's head snapped back to slam into the wall beside her, forest-green blood dripping from her temple, she sank deep into the pooling water.

Just before her own head collided with tremendous force against the dashboard, Sphyria managed to think of friends, the Crystal-born of Asterea -her family-, her bond, T'ylah, the horror of their deaths...
The fact that if the Jumper had just held on those few extra meters...

This was not turning out to be her day, she thought as the world went black.

Bugger.
SailorSilvanesti

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness on Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:29 am

Well if Miuka thought the place was chaotic before.....fate would prove her wrong by finding it ever so fun to drop a large ship right near the village the group was in. The crash was loud enough for anyone to hear, while the shock wave from the crash shook the ground and caused water to rain down due to the large splash.

Advocat turned to look at the source of the trouble and simply sighed in deep annoyance before putting Mala and Eiko down to head toward the wreckage and saw one person was already sinking below the waves. He quickly took off over the water to get to the person but by the time he got there he saw that the two were out cold in the cockpit of their ship which was filling with water.

He grumbled before summoning Bloodletter who promptly fell into the water after appearing and looked not too happy at all. Advocat simply ignored the summon's annoyance and dove into the water with Bloodletter right with him to assist in getting the other one. Now they could of wasted time trying to find a way inside of the place but they opted to just break through the cockpit to get to the two girls. This caused water to flood in but it was a moot point as Adovcat grabbed the blue one while Bloodletter grabbed the green one.

The two quickly swam to the surface and took in deep breaths of air before swimming toward the bank to get the two onto dry land. By the time they got there a crowd had gathered while Advocat worked on trying to get them to wake up, soon he learned that they needed CPR and that tweaked him a bit. But he had started this so he had to finish, so he quickly did CPR on the blue skinned one before doing the same on the green skinned one. By then they were breathing but if they would wake up was beyond him at the current moment, Eiko walked up to Advocat with Mala right beside her as the two looked at Advocat with great worry.
Darkness

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Masurao on Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:33 pm

Of course, at this, Momo jumped. A ship crashed. SOMEONE NEEDED A HERO!

Grabbing the armored man, and slinging him over a shoulder, he looked at his young friend.

"We'll talk later!"

In a hyperactive fashion, the strange man ran off in the direction of the crash site, screaming in his native language.

"Ikuze, ikuze, IKUZE!"

=================================================

Although Advocat had arrived first, it didn't stop the odd man from making a flashy entrance. Still at a full run, he slid sideways in the sand, on bended knee, striking a pose as he declared.

"I HAVE ARRIVED!!!!"

Seeing Advocat had got them breathing, he turned to the next task; waking them. Slinging the armored man off his shoulder, the helmet severely fractured.

"OI! DAIHANAYAROU! Wake up! Use your magic stuff on 'em!"

Shaking the armored man HARD, the helmet crumbled...

Revealing only a skull beneath. Small flames coming to life in its eye sockets, Ichabod choked the man with both hands.

"...Remind yourself of your place, Momotarou. Do not disrespect me again."

Releasing "Momotarou", and breaking his grasp, he walked over to the two new arrivals. ...Staring intently, he turned his head to look at the man.

"Even IF I had my White Magic cards with me, they are clearly not of any race I know. Any thaumaturgy on my part could kill them as easily as wake them."

Momotarou didn't respond; he was too busy trying to recapture his breath.

Masurao
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Crucent on Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:10 am

Seeing Leia still looking extremely dubious about the whole thing Crucent was about to say something when they heard a screaming noise swiftly followed by a giant splash making the ground shake so much that small decorations on the shelves rattled along. "What the hell was that?"

Her ears still in pain from the level of noise, Crucent looked out the window and saw a thick column of smoke coming from the shore.

"eeh... somethings happening on the shore, it seems someone crashed."

Getting up, she went outside and rushed down to see Advocat helping two women as someone in armor tried chocking another person.

"man, can this day GET weirder??" Walking over to Advocat she asked "What happened? we heard the noise all over the village."
Crucent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SailorSilvanesti on Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:53 am

Ack-! *cough cough* "Ooooooooh..."

The world is a swirling kalidescope of colours, like like catching the clear crystals of Asterea, it's dizzy-making.
The colours were so bright, so intense, so...so LOUD...
How was that even possible...?

e]]*You alive?*[/i] I send to T'ylah, not daring to move, searching for her pale green form through the barest slit in my eyelids.
*...Not sure....certainly doesn't feel like it.*

Her sending was warm and comforting, an anchor in the strange currents of fate that swirled around us; gradually, though, I became aware of a mild murmering around us.
My elven ears twitching as they attempting to sift through the white noise and pluck out a single voice amongst the many.

Above the turmult, two voices rang out, sharp and clear; severing the thick buzzing of the voices, as if it were a physical thing, and silence grew heavy.

"Calm, people, Calm!" cried a soft-voiced female; I - I had seen her before...
in the 'Choosing Chamber'...on Asterea.
T'ylah's mind cried out in astonished alarm also, at this strange revelation; this was the Chosen One, she whom they were to collect...

Another stood with her, another of the Crystal-born, hers was the harsher voice in this instance, "Back off! Crowding in on them doesn't help! You! No magical mumbo-jumbo, you have no idea what it will do to them!
And another thing...
"

I smiled, I couldn't help it, I was already beginning to warm to this Warrior; eventually, the pair pushed back the others, and sedately made their way to us.

The Chosen One knelt beside me, as did the she-warrior beside my companion; hands traced our faces and skin, not unkindly, but with great interest.
"They are so different..." The Warrior whispered, "Where could they have come from?"
Her soft tone directed at the Chosen, only.

And was answered, just as quietly, "I know not, Crucent, my friend. But Hush, make no sudden sounds, they wake slowly..."
How could she tel-...?
Jarringly, consciousness [of the full variety] returned in an explosion of sensation.

The sunlight piercing my eyes; sand crunching beneath my body; the salty tang of the waves; the scent of nearby food...well, at leat, that was what my stomach was hoping...
And her hand, the Chosen One's hand on my face...

I coughed and jerked slightly, T'ylah gasped beside me; both carefully aided into a sitting position, I reached out a hand for my sister, T'ylah took it. Some around us looked confused, like they'd never...seen anyone...like us...before...

Yeah, it took that long for me to figure it out.
They hadn't.
Life is strange like that, One day you're roasting fish on the fire, the next, two crazy rainbow-coloured aliens crash-land a spaceship into your ocean...
Not to mention their bond-creatures...speaking of which -I cast around with my eyes- where is my Hatchling? Not to mention that rogue Unicorn...?

Wha-? Oh, the Chosen One is speaking, I try hard to focus -which isn't easy when it feels like half the ocean is water-logging your brain-

"...-r me? Stranger?" I nod, "Welcome to Neorah, this is Crucent," -she indicates the blond-haired warrior- "and I am-..."

"Leia" T'ylah and I finish, she looks astonished, as is her companion.

"How...?" Inquires Crucent, with a raised eyebrow.

"I, Sphyria, and my soul-sister, T'ylah, were sent by those on Asterea to collect you, Leia of Neorah, the Chosen Child.
...Well, that was the official plan, anyway. We decided, on the journey here, to offer you another option-...
" I said.

T'ylah smoothly interjected and continued, "...An offer to join Sphyria and me, we have been granted leave Asterea for the first time, to explore.
Even for a little while, you could came, relieve the pressure of your decision...?
"

The Chosen's face was impassive, as hard to read as a rock-face, yet within...I sensed a struggle...

Wait, was it getting dark really fast or...?
My companion's mouth parted in a soft, "Oh!" before she collapsed; I barely even felt the sand catch my falling body.

Just on the brink of darkness I whispered into the Chosen One's ear,
"Please, could you keep...an eye out...for a dragon...and a...flying...unicorn...?"

I half wondered if she thought I was joking, as the great Leviathan of the Dark Abyss opened it's great, gaping maws and I fell headlong into them...
SailorSilvanesti

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestria on Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:22 pm

Leia couldn't believe her ears.

Another group of people come to Neorah? Come to tear her away from her home and her family and everything she'd ever known...

She started growling and backed away from the chaos surrounding the crash.

"ENOUGH!!" Even she was surprised by the shout. "I have had ENOUGH!"

She looked at her hands, realizing that they were clenched and angry. She looked up, then, furious light crackling in her violet eyes.

"Just leave me ALONE!!!!!"

She turned, then, and ran from the island, right off a cliff-face and dove into the water. This time, she wasn't going to come up for anything.

[OOC: Leia has left the topic. Miuka's still around here somewhere. Carry on with the chaos. Thank you.]

[/center]
Celestria
Admin

Character sheet
Progression Points:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness on Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:30 am

Advocat was now quite confused as the two women were talking to someone or something or what ever because not a single one of their words were directed toward him or Bloodletter to thank them for rescuing the two strange women. He simply opted to shake his head, stand up, and then walk off with a perplexed look on his face. He had heard what Leia yelled and while worried about her he was more than willing to give her space.

With Advocat's course of action set Eiko, Mala, and Bloodletter opted to follow their leader as they too were quite confused as well.....some more so than others.

[OOC: Topic left]
Darkness

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Crucent on Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:34 am

Swearing as Leia went off yet again, Crucent gave up trying to talk to her and wsent back to her own hut in the village to wait things out.

OOC: im to confused to know whats going on, so for me topic is now left.
Crucent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SailorSilvanesti on Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:54 am

Peels open an eye.

Something is...licking?...my face. Ew, just...Ewww.
I see a flash of Sapphire, ah, Midnite!
Ah, well, they were back now.

There was a snort of agitation to my right, something delicately pounded the ground with a whinny, a star-spangled coat caught the moonlight.
Brightstar, her mane streaming, horn gleaming and opalescent wings shivering in the weak night winds, stood over T'ylah.

My soul-sister laughed, and placed a slender green hand on the unicorn's muzzle, it was a unique sight indeed, for the four-fingered hand appeared to be grasping the night itself!

I sat up, too quickly! Ooooh! That felt bad!

Something slammed hard into my back, I sprawled forwards, then to the right as Midnite slammed me again from the left. What the-?
"Eeee!"
T'ylah shrieked in surprise and, most likely, at the sensation, as Brightstar prodded her towards me with her horn; a cheeky gleam of mischief played about in my hatchling's eyes. What were they up to?

Okay, so we came to rest, backs together, covered in sand and blinking at the dizzying brightness of the moon on the deserted beach, wait, deserted?
Great!
Two people who generally need help, and everyone walks off!
Though, I wish I had known who had pulled us from the sea, we would have surely drowned without their help.

I remember...strong arms...water...darkness...couldn't breathe...NO!
I shook my head to clear it, Brrr!

Ow! A sharp green elbow jabs me in the side, I duck just in time to avoid one of Brightstar's front hooves smacking me square in the face.
...Now everything smells of horse.

The unicorn whinnied, offended. *How dare you compare me with those mindless beasts!*
Her voice was as indignant as she could muster, which must be hard for someone who is naturally docile, and sweet...usually...

It takes a moment for my be-fuzzled mind to work out what's going on, I almost laugh when the obvious answer all but smacks me over the back of the head for being so stupid.

Brightstar tilts her face towards the moonlight, it catches the tip of her ivory horn and it shimmers, glowing with aethreal light; slowly, so slowly, it brightens to blinding and begins to descend in a transparent cone of what looked like moonmist.
It extended in a circumference of about two or three feet around the unicorn's body, I found one of my legs dangling outside it and snatched it inside, quickly.

This was Esuna, or at least, Brightstar's version of it; we had no name for it, though T'ylah constantly joked of her bond's 'Healing Moon-mists', the thought was warm and fuzzy, bringing a smile to my lips.
...Or was it the brightening mists that swirled in incomprehensibly beautiful patterns around us?

They danced, and I began to feel tired, the heaviness of my, our, battered, waterlogged bodies began to fade to a pleasant floating feeling.

~~
As the light faded, Brightstar regarded the sleeping elves at her hooves, they could be so reckless sometimes! Did they not realise how fragile they were?
Her Healing ability -if it could be called that- this, Esuna, as the Crystal-Born of Asterea had called it was not that powerful and it worried her sometimes. She couldn't heal anything more complicated than a shallow wound, a broken limb...

*Stop worrying! They're safe now, aren't they? You healed their water-log-ged...-ness?* Midnite cut in, offering the Unicorn a way out of her own self-recriminations and worry.
She smiled in her own way,
*That's not a word you know, "water-log-ged-ness", but you are right, they're safe. I repaired the damage to their lungs and the pressure-damage.
...They'll sleep till daybreak, I think.*

There was silence as the Sapphire Hatchling, about the size of a large dog, carefully padded to the softly breathing form of Sphyria. Her bond.
Brightstar sighed and folded her legs gracefully, sinking down to the other side of T'ylah, almost sandwiching the Elves between them.

There was a comfortable silence as the pair contemplated the heavens, shattered suddenly by Midnite,
*Soooooooooo...ever heard the one about the Moogle and the Dragon...?*

Brightstar rolled her eyes, Great! Just what she needed! To hear all about -in great detail- the Epic of how Midnite caught her lunch...
SailorSilvanesti

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SailorSilvanesti on Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:20 am

Wading into the Swirling Ocean, Gentle Waves Lapping at her Deep Blue Thighs, Sphyria felt the strong currents tugging at her Armour; could almost hear the seductive whispering of the water as it called to her, begging her to come Down into it's depths...

Loosing her footing, heart skipping a beat, the Elven Warrior panicked slightly before feeling a warm hand grasp one of her own flailing wrists; a loud sigh....

Whyyyyyyyyyyyy do you do this to me, exactly? exclaimed an exasperated Tremarian, the water glistened off her minimal armour and light forest-green skin.
"What exactly convinced you to go swimming in your full armour?"

Her liquid golden eyes did a barrel roll in their sockets, Sphyria laughed and waded to the beach, flattened on the shore with her wings splayed to catch the Daystar's rays.
T'ylah glanced back at her own, tiny fluttering wings, frowning;
"Time to see if my Shaping ability will be enough to hold them together..."

This time, Sphyria rolled her eyes and sighed, she hated when T'ylah doubted herself...
"They survived crash-landing didn't they? Well, they'll survive a second dip, just as well! I mean...they've never dissolved in the BathingPools before -that I've noticed- have they...?"

T'ylah's delighted laughter and the smile she illicited were enough to heal over her soul-sister's anxiety; the moment lingered...then faded.
She stood up and began to remove the heavy breast-plate of her armour, silently praying to whoever was out there that the elaborate -though functionally useless- black cloth halter top underneath would survive the perils of a salt-water dive...

Sphyria held no such reservations for the loincloth she wore under the remainder of her armour, it had been specially made.

Finally, she stood clear of her armour, the small pile of metal and weapons resting against Midnite, who didn't look overly-thrilled; T'ylah made a 'hurry-it-up' noise in her throat and they both leapt into the water.

~~~

Deep, Deeeeeeeeeeep, under the waves lay their 'StarJumper'; dejected, like a forgotten toy but not broken...
The smashed windshield seemed to have repaired itself, the gaping hole in the rear compartment -a tiny fist-shaped hole; the machine had self-repairing functions...yes, but this...this was amazing!

The pair tread water for a few seconds longer, then quickly headed for the surface, shooting out in an explosion of exhaled air.
"*cough cough* Well, at least now we know all we have to do is get it to the surface..." Sphyria spluttered.
Her only response was a raised eyebrow, before the pair inhaled deeply and dove beneath the waves once again...

Wrestling with the rear-hatch, Sphyria managed to find the external 'manual release', which wasn't easy, as it had been cleverly disguised and shielded. Still, the hatch only opened a fraction of it's full extent before two elves shot into the Jumper like slippery eels.

Grunting...or Bubbling, as the case may be...Sphyria forced the bulkhead doors open with her own two bare hands; dangerously expending her limited remaining air supply, things flickered around the edges as T'ylah lay delicate green hands on the control panel.

The console flickered into life, in a heartbeat, engines roared into angry life; the StarJumper shot upwards with surprising speed, hatch fully extended now, causing drag.
Sphyria forced herself not to panic, * Just a few more meters, just a few more feet... As the world grew steadily more insubstantial...

With the force of an explosion, they shot from the ocean in a torrent of airborne seaspray; water gushed from the open hatch until almost nothing but a vague damp remained.
Convulsively, Sphyria gasped in air and reclined into the soft co-pilot's chair; as did T'ylah, the Jumper titled a bit as Midnite and Brightstar landed in the rear compartment.

A small pile of metal and tangled leather fell from the Dragon Hatchling's mouth, she chirruped in her 'I've done good' way; Brightstar rolled her opalescent eyes as the Hatchling bounded across the cabin and nudged her Bond's hand.
*Come on! Let's Go!*

Again she bounced around, *Gooooooooooooooooooo!* she whined.

T'ylah watched the tiny remaining crack on the rear-compartment wall heal over and turned to face Sphyria, she nodded.

With a smile of pure glee, the Night-elf placed her blue hands on the console, watching as it lit up in response; jsut for a second she pictured home...Asterea...and the 'Jumper swung that way.

Sphyria laughed aloud for a moment, then turned her mind to their destination, causing the 'Jumper to swing another direction entirely, closing the rear-compartment hatch as she manouvered the drive-pods into position with her thoughts.

Fiacre, they were going to Fiacre...Last known home of the Dragons...

[OOC: Going to Fiacre Storyline!^^]
SailorSilvanesti

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum