Heroes of the DragonQuest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Character Progression
Leaving Neorah EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 1:38 am by Celestria

» List: Weapon Styles
Leaving Neorah EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 1:31 am by Celestria

» List: Vocations
Leaving Neorah EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 1:29 am by Celestria

» How to play the game
Leaving Neorah EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 1:26 am by Celestria

» Building a Character
Leaving Neorah EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 12:59 am by Celestria

» Hero Template
Leaving Neorah EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 2:55 pm by Celestria

» Player Input Needed
Leaving Neorah EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 4:38 am by Crucent

» Breaking the Monotony
Leaving Neorah EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 1:48 pm by Crucent

» Clock of the Fates
Leaving Neorah EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 2:34 pm by Ghost

Navigation
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Statistics
We have 28 registered users
The newest registered user is callousdiva11

Our users have posted a total of 1093 messages in 194 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 160 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:58 am

Leaving Neorah

5 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Leaving Neorah Empty Leaving Neorah

Post by Celestria Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:56 pm

Miuka was beside herself with worry. Three days Lei'Ahree had been gone already and there was no sign of her anywhere on the island.

And Miuka would know, she'd been looking.

Tiernan never lost a chance to make snide comments about how the Summoner Candidate wouldn't have run off like that if the Eremakians hadn't driven her to distraction with their barbaric ways. In truth, though, he was as worried as Miuka was about Leia's continued absence. His whole mission hinged on her willing acceptance of her role, and he couldn't convince her to take the journey if he couldn't talk to her.

Preferably alone.

But no one could find her, anywhere, and that was a subject of overwhelming frustration for many people on the island.

In the meantime, the Venta Neptus was supplied for another journey, whether it be to Eremaki, or to Brimlad or even back to Astraea if the worst were to be found to have happened. Miuka prayed that the worst didn't happen. Beasts and monsters would gain strength the longer that Bahamut was without his Keeper, and she feared for Leia's safety away from anyone to aid her should she be attacked by those who wished to see all destroyed.

The ship was almost ready, and Miuka was very afraid.
Celestria
Celestria
Admin

Character sheet
Progression Points:
Leaving Neorah Left_bar_bleue0/1000Leaving Neorah Empty_bar_bleue  (0/1000)

http://www.maracaegrizzley.com

Back to top Go down

Leaving Neorah Empty Re: Leaving Neorah

Post by Darkness Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:05 pm

While tensions mounted between most of the people of the group Advocat, Mala, and Eiko were pretty calm due to how Advocat was a very old being and was more than happy to wait for things to come his way when trying to influence change would be a large hassle. He was also fairly sure the girl was alive due to his connections to death and the ending of life, his little black book already had a lock on the souls of most of the people he had interacted with as well as Leia's. He didn't know where she was or what her condition was other than the fact she was live and was not slowly dying, other than that he was pretty much clueless as to what she was up to.

He was actually sitting outside drinking his tea while Mala rested in his lap and Eiko was busy playing a melody on her flute, it was then that Advocat spotted Miuka walking pass them and said "You do know that getting yourself worked up will not help correct? All we can do is simply wait for her to return, but if it helps I know for certain she is still among the living." Advocat wasn't going to say how he knew just that he knew.
Darkness
Darkness

Back to top Go down

Post by Crucent Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:03 am

Crucent wasn't happy.

Seeing how these strangers had affected Leia and made her more pig-headed then ever, with Crucent herself unable to help her friend was enough to set her teeth on edge. After a day of frustration and anger at how things had ended up, she'd passed over into the tranquil waters of patiently waiting for Leia to return.

Currently Crucent was keeping herself busy with tidying up her house, so it'd be ready for when they left. Plus, the cleaning helped her vent her frustrations without anybody caring much. Finishing up her packing at the same time, she made sure she had all she might need as well, not knowing how long they'd be gone, or if they ever would return.

Sighing she stepped outside and sat down to relax a bit, staring at nothing much as her eyes wandered to one of the strangers who was drinking tea as one of his friend played a tune on a flute.

"Poor Leia... I wonder how she's doing? Hopefully she'll have calmed down a little by the time she gets back or there really will be no talking to her...but at least I'm ready to go if she is cause there is no way I'm letting her go alone...I just hope she'll get back soon and safely."
Crucent
Crucent

Back to top Go down

Post by SailorSilvanesti Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:20 am

Leaning against the sturdy chest of her bond-creature, Hatchling Midnite, Sphyria sighed in frustration and a terrible sadness.

They had not meant to cause the Chosen One pain...

It was their duty to return with her to Asterea, and they were honour-bound...well, that was the plan, she grinned wolfishly.
She only hoped the young Leia could understand what was at stake here!

On the other hand, she reflected, If it were me...I probably would have run, too...
So much responsibility...so little freedom...

The Central Isle was a Pretty Cage, indeed.

*Hey! Hellooooooooo in there!* An irrepressible 'voice' called, and she jerked her head up to see her soul-sister, T'ylah, knee-deep in the waves already.

Ah, well, they would leave the Summoner in peace for now...
She laughed, even if they found her, how would they get her to Asterea?
Tie her to Brightstar's back and hope she didn't fall off on the looooooooong journey home?

Sphyria smiled as she made her way into the waves, large wings rustling in the soft, salty winds, They would come back for her...
SailorSilvanesti
SailorSilvanesti

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestria Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:07 am

(Yeah, I owe some apologies. NaNoWriMo started and I've had a severe dearth of creative energies and... well, it's all excuses anyway.)

Miuka nodded to Advocat, acknowledging the wisdom of his words... however much she still worried because it was in her nature to do so. She sighed. "I thank you for the reassurance, Advocat. It is good to know that the worst hasn't befallen her."

She didn't want to add that it might simply not have happened *yet*. That was too frightening a prospect for her.

---
Meanwhile, on the other side of the island, Leia pulled herself from the water and for a moment was uncertain whether or not she'd be able to walk on her legs again after so long in the water, particularly Shaped as she had been.

It took her several minutes to remember again the proper gait for walking, but then it was like she'd never forgotten and she walked into the village of her birth, silent as a stone as she walked into her hut to gather her valuables and pack for the journey she didn't want to make.

But what choice did she have?

She bundled her beads and her shells and her strings into a pack and when she emerged she didn't look at anyone as she made her way towards the Venta Neptus. The great ship was only waiting for its passengers before setting sail for Eremaki to the north.

Tiernan was glad to see that she'd returned, but not quite so pleased that he wasn't the one to convince her to take the journey. It was of vital importance to his mission that he gain her trust and her cooperation. He didn't dare let anyone else take that position.

And it didn't help that this Advocat person was already edging in on her.

Miuka was just relieved to see Leia, and see that she was unharmed and no longer running away. Whatever she'd done, whatever fit she'd thrown, it was over now and they could finally be on their way to the next part of the journey.

It was simply a matter of getting the passengers on board the ship and setting out.
Celestria
Celestria
Admin

Character sheet
Progression Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Masurao Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:22 pm

(At least you have one. November just kinda sucked for me. Almost got fired!)

There was one who, more than the others, was glad to see Leia.

It wasn't Momotarou. Nor was it Ichabod. No, this new arrival had taken the liberty of slapping them both about the face, and sending them packing.

Oshikawa Hiroki. NEVER had there been a more potent, loyal, and overzealous Samurai. As per the custom of the most powerful of Samurai, his kinono, hakama, and haori were all done in Imperial White, bearing the symbol of the crown on the Haori's back, and either side of its collar; a gold Chrysanthemum.

Blue eyes spotted the young woman, as his brown hair waved in the wind. Good; he didn't have to track her down.

Of course, he made the first move. Approaching, he met the young Summoner in the middle, before bowing, respectfully, to her.

"It is good to see you well, honored one. Let us make haste; your vessel is to depart, soon."

...There was something Hiroki couldn't shake... He felt a presence... ...Smelled the smell of that which comes from the deep.

...No. Surely, they would not be so bold.

Masurao
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crucent Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:25 am

Having spotted Leia when she went to the Airship, Crucent grabbed her things and went after her quietly as her friend clearly did not want to be bothered. Seeing the Samurai stop her and talk to her, Crucent smiled a little at his rigid rules of conduct and just walked by them both onto the ship.

As she entered, she was approached by one of the crewmembers who asked her about her buisness on the ship.

Not about to be put off by an upstart like him, she drew herself up to her fullest height and gave him a withering glance "I am accompanying the new Keeper, and I expect that there is a room ready and prepared both for her and her servant. If not, rest assured, i *will* indeed find a way to make this trip the most unpleasant experience you have ever had."
Leaning down a little, she stared him straight in his eyes until they started watering. "I...I...I...
I beg your pardon, Ma'am, I'll go see too it straight away, follow me please..."

As the crewman mumbled apologetically, he led the way down a hall to the end of a corridor where he opened the door to a large well-furnished room at the end of the ship, with curtained windows going all around the back wall. Taking in the large fourposter bed, the mahogany writing desk, the thick carpet on the floor and the smaller white marbled bath off to one side Crucent nodded approvingly.

"This seems to be tolerable for the new Keeper. Now kindly take me to my room." Following the man out into the corridor again, he opened a door to a smaller bedroom, exquisitly furnished with the coloring mainly in rich red silks and sateen. Smiling Crucent stepped inside and set down her bag on the bed. "Yees... this will do. When the new Keeper arrives shortly on the ship I expect you will be ready and waiting to help her bring her things to her stateroom, and I'm sure she will be most grateful."

Ushering him gently but firmly out of her room, she started unpacking her personal things as she waited for everybody else to arrive so the ship could leave.
Crucent
Crucent

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestria Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:32 pm

Once Leia appeared and started towards the Venta Neptus, the rest of the preparations for the rest of the travelers went quickly. They were loading the necessary supplies as she was stopped on the way by yet another Eremakian, this one just as ornate and formal as Ichabod had been.

For a moment, Leia was resentful of the continued reminder that her life was no longer hers to command… but she knew what she was going to do. It was the only way she could face herself.

She looked at this strange man, though, and irritation showed on her face. "Look, I'm going to Eremaki, and I'm going on this damned journey because apparently my opinion doesn't matter." Then she turned and continued on her way onto the vessel which waited for her. She wanted nothing more than to get to her room and get her things in order.

Miuka sighed as she watched Leia walk away. She fluttered over to the Samurai and bowed at the waist to him in mid-air. "Please, forgive her. She is… stubborn as the day is long it seems." She was just glad that the journey was finally getting underway.

For his part, Tiernan figured that his best bet for getting close to Leia might be to ingratiate himself to her apparent best friend, and that was something he didn't mind doing in the least. A few quiet questions to the crew on board, apparently Crucent had started to make something of a reputation for herself, and he knew which room was hers and which was set aside for Lei'Ahree. He walked up to Crucent's room and knocked politely.

He needed information on how best to approach the temperamental girl if he were to have any hope at all of succeeding at the task which had been set for him. Especially if they insisted on this madness of going to barbaric Eremaki first.
Celestria
Celestria
Admin

Character sheet
Progression Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Masurao Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:35 am

"It is fine, miss. She will come around."

The young Samurai had decided to take up the rear, protecting from attack. ...It was him, however, who was attacked. Suddenly punched in the head, and dragged into bushes.

...And from them, emerged none other than Genji Momotarou, wearing the Samurai's robes and sword.

"Gonna slap ME in the face and make me leave? Oh, hell no!" The cantankerous man thought to himself. Smoothing out his hair, he did his level best to pass as the young Samurai. Quickly catching up to Miuka, he spoke, trying his best to mimic the Samurai's voice.

"So, ma'am... ...I do not understand. Clearly, she does not desire this. Why must we force her?" Momo asked. This was true; if she didn't want to do this, why not turn it down?

Masurao
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crucent Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:54 am

OOC: who is now knocking on Cru's door? i ish confused.
Crucent
Crucent

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestria Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:30 pm

OOC: Cru, Tiernan is knocking on Crucent's door. Miuka, my Moogle, is talking with Momo-in-Samurai-Garb, which is gonna be utterly hilarious because she's not one to be fooled so easily. No matter what Momo might think.

IC: Miuka had to struggle not to burst out laughing at the sight of the impostor Samurai. Did he really think he was fooling her? She knew that he was the one who had kicked Ichabod outside of Lei'Ahree's hut.

At least he was asking questions before hitting someone, though. She had to give him credit for that at least.

"She must become the Keeper of Astraea, Bahamut's Summoner. So long as he is without a Summoner, the demon-beasts will gain strength. Any other Crystal can remain unclaimed for as long as it takes, only Astraea's Crystal requires a Summoner. If she does not become the Great Keeper, millions may perish." Miuka sighed sadly, "Many already have perished. Her stubborn will may be the one hope we have... if she holds to a path as strongly as she is now fighting it."

Miuka had to hope, had to believe that Bahamut had chosen well when he selected what was possibly the only remaining Summoner who would NOT immediately embrace the role of Great Keeper. She still remembered the sound of Bahamut's voice, asking her to see to the Candidate's safety. She would not fail that trust.

Too much depended on the stability of Astraea.
Celestria
Celestria
Admin

Character sheet
Progression Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Masurao Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:14 pm

Well, DUH! He already knew that. For all that they were a nonviolent sect, the Tonberry Order had seen an alarming rise in power, causing some of its youngsters to play against type. Luckily, such events were few and far between. ...Eremaki seemed to have all the luck.

"Of course. That's common knowledge. What I'm wondering, though, is why he can't simply grab up another Summoner. I know a few in my lands that would humbly accept the honor."

Neutrality wouldn't be an issue. Even with the Imperial "Cult of Personality", as it was so called, one's duty came before all else, save family. It was not as if there would be such a worry as favoritism. However, he could see where someone would think that.

"Seems kinda stupid to enslave some poor girl who's got no interest."

When the two finally got to the ship, he whistled low.

"Quite the piece of work! Ain't got the classical charm of the airships back home, but, it's still somethin' else!"

Masurao
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestria Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:28 pm

Miuka looked at the impostor for a moment in disbelief. "What rock have you been under?" Normally she wouldn't speak in such a manner with anyone who served Eremaki's Emperor directly, but she knew this one for who he was, and was not. "There are not so many Summoners left alive. They have been dying. Some under more mysterious circumstances than others." Her expression became more serious.

"And truly, which would you trust with such a power as Bahamut represents? One who actively seeks power? Or one who would do anything to avoid being saddled with it? She is not protesting that she cannot be trusted with power; she merely says that she does not wish it."

She had to chuckle, though, at his open admiration for the Venta Neptus. "She is quite the beauty, that one is. Not the fastest ship out there, but she's sturdy enough to come through any storm." She discretely glanced around, hoping that the true Samurai would be following from a distance and wouldn't be left behind when the ship finally sailed.

"But we need to board so that we can finally depart for Eremaki."
Celestria
Celestria
Admin

Character sheet
Progression Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Crucent Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:08 am

As Crucent heard the knock, she got up and went over to the door, expecting that maybe one of the crewmembers had some message for her. She yanked the door open, still a little annoed that they seemed to still be at the dock and was about to bite the knockers head off, but halted her scorn abruptly when she saw a Samurai standing there instead.

"Yes? May I help you?" Wondering what he could possibly want with her, when she didn't even know the man, she recalled that it was the same man who had been the cause of the attack a little earlier and invited him into her room, gesturing at a chair for him to sit in as she sat down opposite him and waited for his reply.
Crucent
Crucent

Back to top Go down

Post by Masurao Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:31 am

"Hmmm. ...Best get going before she changes her mind, then."

Running a hand through his red hair, slightly expelling dust as he did, he made his way into the ship. And, of course, the first thing he did was go to Leia's room. ...Something about her worried him.

"Oi! Summoner-lady! Open up!" Momo said, dropping the pretense.

He'd not cared much about all the goings-on of other countries. At least, not before. He'd usually been too stoned to care. He still didn't, but, tis wasn't an international affair. No, this mattered. This was a person.

"C'mon, open up!"

Masurao
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestria Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:50 am

Miuka had to smile to herself as the false Samurai boarded the Venta Neptus. She had a few things of her own to look after before they could depart, but it would not be very long now. At last the Summoner Candidate was on her way.

---
Tiernan smiled at Crucent, making sure that it was his most charming manner at work. He needed information and his instincts told him that this was just the woman to get that from. "Yes, actually, I am in dire need of your assistance." He paused, feigning friendly concern and confusion. "I was actually wondering if you could… tell me a bit about your friend. She… well, I realize that we all arrived here rather unexpectedly and turned her life all upside down and that's not the best way to make a first impression."

He smiled at her and leaned forward slightly in his seat. "I was wondering if you could tell me what she's really like. From her reaction you'd think we were tearing her away from a sweetheart the way she exploded like that, but she didn't seem to be giving fond farewells to anyone, if you take my meaning…"

---
Leia grumbled to herself at the pounding on the door. She couldn't even get a moment's rest to herself even after she'd boarded this damned ship that was going to carry her off to her doom. She wondered if they were going to put a watch over her to make sure she couldn't harm herself before she was delivered to Bahamut.

Like she could feel any more dead to the world than she did right then.

She yanked open the door to see who had the audacity to bang on her door that way. "What in the Crystals do you want? What more is there for you people to steal from me now that you've got my very freedom?"

Okay, so she wasn't thinking about this in the most rational of manners, but really, she was a seventeen-year-old girl… "Drama Queen" came with the territory, after a fashion. In fact, her tendency towards drama had her considering an idea that she hadn't had time to implement yet. She was still going through her collection of beads and things to find the right pieces to ornament a collar she was stitching.

She looked at the man standing at her door and for a moment she thought that Eremaki had sent yet ANOTHER person to escort her back to their Emperor… before she recognized the reddish hair from the man who had kicked Ichabod away from her door earlier. He was wearing clothes like the man she'd passed on her way to the ship? She frowned at him. "What do you want?"
Celestria
Celestria
Admin

Character sheet
Progression Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Crucent Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:47 am

Highly sceptical to the stranger, Crucent listened to his inquiry.

After some thinking she decided he wasn't gonna get any info on Leia from her just like that, so she said "It's true, Leia didn't say goodbye to her friends and family, but they still know she loves and misses them. As for what she really is like..." as she leaned in closer, as if to tell him a secret Crucent saw the anticipation in the mans face "...What makes you think I will reveal that information to you? You have given me no reason for your inquiries, yet you expect me to tell you all I know of my friend at the drop of a hat! I'm sorry, but I won't do that."

Glaring at him, she leaned back and snarled "You haven't even told me the reason for your presence on this airship, but I have no intention of breaking the trust my friend has placed in me, just cause some stranger comes and asks me, so feel free to leave as soon as possible or explain your reason for beeing here."
Crucent
Crucent

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestria Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:03 pm

Tiernan had to smile at Crucent's protective stance and the way she teased him only to deny again. This might actually be rather fun…

He momentarily regretted the fact that he had to focus so strongly on the Summoner Candidate because Crucent might be quite entertaining to him.

"A well-asked question, one which deserves an answer. I am, quite simply, interested in seeing that your friend completes her Journey and becomes the next Great Keeper. I wish to be certain that she visits each of the Crystals in turn and then arrives at the Great Crystal where Bahamut waits for her." He paused and allowed his expression to take a slightly different expression. "I also… have a personal reason for asking about her."

He sighed. "I am afraid that I… well, I'm not very good at knowing how to approach a woman like her. I'm fascinated by her, curious about who she is and where she comes from… and I'm rather concerned about the possibility of a rival should one exist."
Celestria
Celestria
Admin

Character sheet
Progression Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Crucent Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:50 pm

Arching her eyebrow, Crucent gave Tiernan a cool stare.
She was enjoying verbally sparring with him greatly, but she wasn't about to let him know that. Smiling her sweetest smile she replied "Well then put your worries aside, I can assure you that I will personally see to it that she goes to Bahamut, even if I have to carry her there. As for any ...competition..."
Shrugging a little, she flipped her braid away from her face "Considering how little I am willing to tell you about her in general, surely you don't actually think I will let you know anything of that nature about her at all. Cause if you do, you disappoint me greatly and that would be a shame, as I was just starting to warm up to you."
Crucent
Crucent

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestria Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:19 pm

Tiernan tried not to show the smile that tried to creep across his face. He actually liked this conversation… it really was a pity that he had to focus on Lei'Ahree, because her friend was fascinating in a whole different way.

"Are you sure there's nothing I can do to entice you to confide in me? I assure you, I find the matter to be of extreme seriousness. I need to know the nature of the woman who will be the next Great Keeper, as much for professional reasons as for personal ones." He paused a moment and then put on an expression of simple curiosity. "Is she always this… tempestuous? She seems to rage much like the ocean does, with very little provocation."
Celestria
Celestria
Admin

Character sheet
Progression Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Crucent Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:47 am

Smiling at his attempt at getting her to confide in him one last time, Crucent said "Yes, I am absolutely sure there is nothing you can do. But I'll tell you this for free; Leia is very... emotional. She always have been. She is just very good at not showing it until she's reached her limit."

Stretching her legs she folded her hands and looked at Tiernan.

"May I ask what your professional and personal reasons are, or will you also play the ask-but-don't-tell game?"
Crucent
Crucent

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestria Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:03 am

Tiernan smiled. "Oh, it is no game to me, I promise you." This woman was matchless… sparring words with her was a delight he hadn't had in quite some time…

Well, perhaps cultivating her wouldn't be amiss… if something happened and he was unable to get close enough to Lei'Ahree to complete his mission… being close to her best friend might enable him to have the access he would need when the time came.

"The professional reasons are simple enough. Glaisne has a vested interest in seeing that no harm befalls the next Great Keeper that would prevent her from completing her journey. Bahamut must have a Keeper, and that Keeper must be in place as quickly as possible. I… I work with certain highly placed individuals in the government of Hightower and there are concerns… concerns that there might be some who would attempt to derail her journey or outright prevent it altogether."

Okay, so it was his own prejudices at work, but he severely wished to sow discord between the Candidate and anyone of Eremaki… and her best friend might be as good a place to start that discord as any.

"To be completely honest, I do not trust the barbarians of Eremaki to allow a neutral Keeper in Astraea. I fear they will try to sway her to alliance with them and upset the balance that is Astraea's role in the world."

He feigned a blush then, "As for the personal reasons… can you truly blame me for wishing to find out more about such an enticingly attractive young woman?"
Celestria
Celestria
Admin

Character sheet
Progression Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Crucent Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:28 am

Looking at him more sternly Crucent replied "Only ignorants say people they don't know are barbarians. I prefer to travel there myself and make up my own mind, much like Leia does."

Continuing she said "As for beeing neutral... who is genuinely neutral in this world? Leia certainly is a better choise then most other persons, and that is not her friend talking, that is just simple fact."

"As for her beauty, yes, she is very beautiful, but not my taste." Grinning she winked at him before she stood up and walked over to a cabinet, pouring herself a glass of Wine.

"Would you like a drink? All this talking and serious buisness is making my throat dry."
Crucent
Crucent

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestria Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:20 pm

Tiernan shook his head, unusually serious. "Usually I would agree with you. I wouldn't trust the opinions of others myself, but the backwards ways of Eremaki are obvious to any and all who have been there, as I have. They have no respect for modern sensibilities and are most brutally locked in barbarism that sets no value on human life."

He then forced a grin back on his face, "But who knows, maybe matters have changed there since Glaisne has brought learning and the modern world to their shores. Goodness knows anything can change given enough reason for it." He didn't actually believe what he said, but he could tell that he couldn't afford to alienate her by breaking what was obviously a hopeful delusion. Glaisne had been dealing with the stubborn brutality of Eremaki for far longer than she had been alive and had achieved no appreciable effect.

At her offer of a drink he grinned much more naturally. "Why yes, actually, I agree with you, all this talking has made me very dry indeed. I would love to have a drink."
Celestria
Celestria
Admin

Character sheet
Progression Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Crucent Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:12 am

"I'm afraid I only have red wine, I hope that's okay."

Pouring another glass for him she turned around and handed it too him before she sat back down again.

"Well, hostile, barbarian or otherwise Leia will find a way to deal with them as well, and should she need any help or someone to talk too, I'll be here for her."
Taking another sip of her glass, she continued "But perhaps, since it seems you have had dealings with the Eremaki before, maybe you can fill me in on how to treat them so I know how to behave around them. "

Gesturing to her little library on the bookshelf with books and scrolls on the different lands of this world as well as their socieities she said "I'd like to be at least a little prepared, so I'm hoping to gather information on all the various countries we will be travelling too."
Crucent
Crucent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next