None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 20 on Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:09 am

Leaving Neorah

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: Leaving Neorah

Post by Darkness on Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:21 pm

Well I better throw myself back in this before I am so far behind it is too late to catch up.}

While all the events were transpiring a certain dark summoner was collecting information though the simple act of not drawing attention to himself. This worked out perfectly due to how each person on this ship seems to be loud or strange enough for him to simply observe and not even be looked at. His silence for the most part was due to his love Eiko's music so that while others were making their moves, he was simply biding his time for the right moment.

This also meant that he was on the ship long before the others and had gotten Eiko and Mala both back there as well. The young girl was taking a slight nap as was the imp, but Advocat couldn't even dream of resting with all the activity he was seeing through his eyes. He was easily able to see through the rather poor disguise that Momo had put on, and knew that Miuka did as well thus it seemed that he wouldn't need to punish the fool for his actions. If the moogle found it to be ok then who was he to cause trouble for the man, either way it was the viper hidden among them that got his attention.

Tiernan was plotting something and Advocat had a fairly good idea what he was up to when the man walked toward the room Crucent was staying in. It was a common tactic of those that wish to either seduce or get close to a person by learning more about the target from a close friend of the target. He couldn't exactly hear too much of what was being said but due to how Crucent's soul was not showing the colors of a relaxed friendly person, he could only assume that the girl was either not telling Tiernan anything or was being cryptic with him at least.

This prompted Advocat to simply move toward Leia's room to at least talk to her, he was not interested in pressuring her only lending his support and by actually trying to befriend her directly. He found Tiernan's method to be too sneaky for his taste anyway, when he reached her room though he saw Momo was there and already bothering Leia. This caused Advocat to simply walk behind Momo without a single sound, he pretty much loomed over the man before finally saying "Hello there........now explain to me Mr. Impostor why you even tried to disguise yourself. We have all seen you before, so hiding in that poorly fitting outfit doesn't work well at all........*looks at Leia* Hello Madam Leia, I hope he isn't bothering you when you are under such stress." Avocat's eyes did show that he had sympathy for her plight.

[If I messed up in places sorry you guys got pretty far since last I checked]
Darkness

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Masurao on Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:25 am

...Never sneak up on a Samurai.

ESPECIALLY a former druggie Samurai.

When Advocat first spoke, out of nowhere, Momo nearly jumped out of his skin. Reacting immediately, he grabbed Leia, forcing himself into the room. From there, he threw her to the bed, away from the unknown person, before turning, and facing his "assailant", drawing the blade he'd stolen from the hapless Samurai. ...And then he saw who it was.

"Don't... DO THAT!!!" Momo shouted, exasperated by the young man's conduct. Then, he heard what he'd said to Leia.

"No DUH she's under a lot of stress! Figured she could use someone to vent to."

Sheathing the blade, he took a good, hard look at Advocat. He looked like a Noble. Something out of Glaisne, with his attire. That being said, Momo couldn't've given a damn where he was from. He wasn't the type to make a fuss over stupid things like that. But, there was definitely something off about him.

"...And, I'll have you know, kimono are SUPPOSED to be loose like this."

...Not so much. Normally, that kimono would fit. With him in as poor of health as he is, they simply hung off him. Of course, he didn't really care about his appearance...

He had a schemer, a drama queen, her overprotective friend, a moogle handmaiden, and an enigma to handle.

...Masurao owed him BIG for this one.

Masurao
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestria on Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:34 pm

(It's good to see you back again, Darkness. *smile*)

Tiernan smiled at Crucent as he paused to take a drink of the wine. It actually was a pretty good one, and he smiled wider at the taste. He thought about how to best answer her question about how to treat the barbarians from Eremaki…

"Well, they're very superstitious in Eremaki. The littlest things can be considered to be deadly insults to some unknown spirit. They have a thousand little rituals for the smallest of actions and all those rituals have to be observed or some horrible 'bad luck' will befall the offender. They also hold to some nonsense about the Emperor being more powerful than the Crystal Beasts which is utter hogwash."

He snorted in derision. "He's like any other person, but if you dare imply that through word or action the whole nation goes up in arms like suddenly the sun won't rise in the east because someone dared speak the facts. In point of fact, the whole nation is so absorbed in worshiping this… image that whole villages have been killed because he told them to."

He shook his head. "The whole nation has very little regard for the value of a life. They will die for the stupidest reasons, sometimes even taking their own lives for no reason other than they lost a fight. I'm telling you, it's madness there… Glaisne is doing what it can to bring learning and enlightenment to them… but it's slow going."

---
Leia was surprised to see Advocat appear, but for some reason she felt that she shouldn't be. She knew that it was going to be ever so much worse on this enclosed ship with everyone constantly wanting to know where she was or what she was doing and she was just sick of the damn lectures…

But her frustration was completely derailed by shock when the samurai barreled his way into her room to throw her over to her bed before turning to face the new arrival. She was about to start screaming at both of them, when she realized that he had taken a purely defensive stance… and that Advocat was right, his clothing hung from him like he'd been starving for weeks… or longer.

And he was worried about her needing to vent… probably just wanting to make sure that the Chosen Sacrifice arrived safely at her destination. Damn Bahamut for making a shambles out of her life.

She pushed herself back onto her feet and off the bed where he'd thrown her and walked over to very calmly push the samurai backwards into a chair. "You, sit, now." She looked over at Advocat and nodded to him. "Thank you for your concern. Would you care to stay for some refreshments? I'm about to send for something, if you're interested."

She turned and looked at the samurai with a glare. "You, though, are going to eat or I will personally shove it down your throat. I can't imagine that kimono are supposed to fit quite that loosely on a person."

She walked to the door and grabbed the first deckhand she saw and told them to bring a full meal from the galley, and to bring it immediately if not sooner. She probably scared the poor man, but she wasn't feeling particularly generous at that point. Once that was done she turned back to the two men who had taken it upon themselves to press into her life again.

"Now, Advocat has been generous enough to introduce himself to me already, but you," she gestured to the samurai, "have not yet. So why don't you explain yourself?"

[/center]
Celestria
Admin

Character sheet
Progression Points:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile http://www.maracaegrizzley.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness on Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:19 am

Advocat arched his eyebrows at how Momo reacted and when the man aimed a blade at him the Death Dealer simply kept a calm stare due to how he held no fear of this man, if he even tried to get near Advocat to use that weapon he would be dead on the ground before he has a chance. It was then that Leia made the man sit down and behave a bit before she spoke to Advocat politely and in return he gave a slight bow to her and said "Why thank you for the offer my dear, I would be more than happy to join you." As Leia went to get a deckhand Advocat sat down in a chair that was near by as he simply looked at Momo with slight disinterest, his soul showed very little promise for anything grand and thus not a target for deals.......not yet away.

Just before Leia got back Advocat then said "Sir I must ask this.....your reaction to how I made myself known seemed to be a bit.....over the top for any normal person. For the most part a slight yelp would of been more common.....you though reacted differently and seem very....twitchy......the only reasons I can see for you to be like that is if you are cowardly and paranoid or....now do not take offense to this as I am not judging, just simply making a statement. But the only thing other than those two that could cause you to be like this is either drug use or former drug use, I know this as I have observed and dealt with both types of people. Poor things I try so hard to help them." Advocat did not make the tone of his voice teasing or anything, it was calm and precise showing he was simply stating an observation only not trying to start a fight.

When Leia came back in he gave her a slight smile and then looked back at Momo wondering how he will answer, his name would be interesting to know as it far easier to do background work on a person when one has that person's name.
Darkness

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Crucent on Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:25 pm

Giving Tiernan a playful look from over the brim of her glass, Crucent put it gently down on the table and refilled it.

"Well, I'm glad then, that I met you so you could explain their behaviour to me before we got there and I'd risk making a right fool of myself. And it's comforting indeed to hear that Glaisne has taken it upon itself to be so ...helpful. I just wonder; how exactly do you go about helping them?"

Giving him her most innocent smile she continued "I mean; do you do it by neighbourly councel and friendly but perhaps unwanted advice, or are you more liable to say, hit them over the head with a spear and tell them to do as you say, or else...?"

her smile now having turned to a very roguish one, she reached out for her glass quickly and took a sip to at least try and hide it, if only for modestys' sake.
Crucent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Masurao on Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:26 pm

...Had he really forgotten to introduce himself?

Of course, it wouldn't need to be. Someone was about to do that for him. The sounds of a very angry individual barreling through the halls at full speed could be heard. And the sounds of chaos briefly followed a scream of "COWARDLY THIEF!" from the assailant.

The young samurai from earlier had tackled the slight man who'd robbed him, and was proceeding to strangle him with his own obi. ...Then, the young samurai saw WHO he was strangling.

"T... TAIKUN-SAMA!?!"

leaping off the man as rapidly as he'd tackled him, the samurai fell to his knees, pressing his forehead to the carpet.

"Please, forgive my dishonorable rudeness. I had no way of knowing. If you have need of my clothes and blade, I am honored to give them. Please, excuse me."

As quickly as the man had entered, he left, in an equal haste. Momo only sighed.

"...Well, Leia, you first. Genji Momotarou, they call me. And, like the nervous wreck of a swordsman you saw just said, I'm the Taikun of Eremaki. ...It's sorta like vice-president, 'cept I can actually do stuff."

...Okay, now, this guy... ...He was good, he was VERY good. Momo would have to keep an eye on him.

"...Yeah. Spent the summer in Brimlad, detoxing from opium. ...HELL of a drug, by the way."

Now, normally, he would've stood up, brought out his most hot-blooded voice, and put Leia in her place for presuming SHE could tell HIM what to do. Here, though, he acquiesced, returning to the chair he'd been so unceremoniously thrown from.

Here was a girl who'd had her life reconfigured into something wholly unrecognizable; least he could do is give her a semblance of power.

Masurao
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestria on Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:10 am

Tiernan had to smile at the coy way that Crucent asked her seemingly innocent question. The mere fact that she knew to ask it in that way told him worlds of information about her, and that she was enjoying this game of theirs as much as he was.

And, astonishingly enough, he was enjoying it. Though he would be a poor tool in the hands of his masters if he didn't enjoy his work, at least in some way.

Crucent was world-wise in ways that he was fairly certain her friend was not, though he'd never know if he couldn't coax some information which wouldn't be readily apparent from the stubborn fits she'd already thrown and her own teenage years.

In any event, he allowed a small smile and then shook his head. "Well, we would have preferred to leave it at friendly advice, if not for the matter that anyone not born on their soil was slaughtered upon landing there. Several vessels, passenger ships as a matter of fact, going from Raonaid to Brimlad, were caught in a storm. The survivors were murdered on the shore where they tried to beg for mercy. Old men, women, children still in their mother's arms." He paused, closing his eyes for a moment before he opened them again and sighed. "We had no choice." He shrugged. "So I'm afraid that we had to do what was necessary for the safety of the people of all Nations. A certain amount of 'hitting over the head with a spear' is necessary to get the attention of stubborn Eremaki. We hope not to have to do that more often than they make it unavoidable, but with the deific status they give their all-too-mortal Emperor… Well, the situation is tenuous."

---
Leia was surprised at the behavior of the proper samurai… this wreck of a man was the right hand man to the Emperor of Eremaki? The very one who had sent that… that walking armor with the stick shoved up his backside to kidnap her?

How could to dissimilar men serve the same one? How could this… Taikun Genji be associated with someone who would authorize the kidnapping of a girl from a Nation that wasn't even HIS to begin with…?

Did it really even matter?

Thankfully the cook's assistant arrived at that point with a huge tray that was laden down with all sorts of simple foods that could be quickly put together. Seeing as she'd sent her demands at a time when the main cooking for the evening meal would be only beginning… well, at least it was a start.

And anything would help given what she could see of this Taikun's condition. No matter her opinions of his Nation or his Emperor, she couldn't stand aside and do nothing to help someone in that sort of shape.

Once it was settled on a table and the assistant had left again, Leia slowly sat down in another chair and nodded to her two "guests" as she sampled one of the crackers. "So, you're the right hand of Eremaki's Emperor…" she really didn't want to say what she thought of the man from the caliber of associates he'd sent to Neorah, after her apparently. She sighed. "What would you prefer I call you? I'm… I'm not entirely sure what would be appropriate…"

---
The Venta Neptus slowly sailed away from Neorah, beginning the journey to Eremaki, and the next stage of Lei'Ahree's journey.

[/center]
Celestria
Admin

Character sheet
Progression Points:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Crucent on Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:34 am

"It all sounds reasonable, but... I find that once someone takes it upon themselves to "do what was necessary for the safety of the people of all Nations" they tend to spread the misery as far and wide as possible...
why should I think that Glaisne is not out on a path for war?
And even if they aren't, is there anything that can prevent Glaisne from repeating the hitting-over-the-head with other nations?"

Her ear twitched as she heard the cook bring food to Leias room, and she was feeling rather hungry as well, so with a quick "Pardon me" she got up and as the cook left her friends quarters, Crucent took him gently aside and ordered up a dinner of pheasant, roasted potatoes and and a side of gravy for both herself and Tiernan before returning into her cabin again.

"I just ordered up some food as I it's been a while since I ate. I hope you don't mind but I asked the cook to bring you dinner as well."

Seating herself again, she continued "I don't mean to offend you with these questions, but it is fairly important to know the answers, so I *do* hope you'll find it in your heart to forgive my rudeness all the same."

Crucent was having great fun in this conversation, and she was feeling that the verbal sparring was doing her a world of good, this in turn made her loosen up a bit and become more happy. Wich means that she was now feeling a little tongue-in-cheek and couldn't have stopped herself from clasping her hands jokingly over her bosom for all the money in the world.

Looking at Tiernan with big, hazel-brown puppy-dog eyes, she said " I just couldn't live with myself, knowing I have upset you."

Trying hard not to burst out laughing, she had to quickly turn her head down so he didnt see her grin, and bit her chin, hard.

Last edited by Crucent on Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Crucent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness on Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:13 am

Advocat was actually chuckling slightly at how the interaction between Momo and the other samurai went, he did so enjoy watching the other mortal nearly cry out in terror at learning he had attacked a superior officer. Actually he was a bit disappointed that Momo didn't go and act high and mighty but then again such actions would of made the trip far less comfortable.

When Momo said his full name Advocat reached to his side and grabbed his small black leather book, the silver chain that connected it to his pants making a slight sound. He looked up the name and found only general information, birth date, gender, place of birth, and the creepiest part was the book even had the man's estimated date of death. Now HOW or exactly WHEN was unknown due to how the future is ever shifting, but the book tends to get in the general area of a few years give or take three or four.

Now such a big gap in accuracy does make it a bit useless for preventing death but is a good way for Advocat to set up a list of things to do before the person gets near that date. Nothing annoys him more than a potential client suddenly dying before he gets a chance to make a deal, he closed the book and placed it back in his pocket before looking at Momo and saying "Opium you say? Oh now trust me on this my dear friend, there are far far far worse things....though I am sure the detoxifying process must of been difficult for you."

Advocat then saw the food that was brought in and gave the assistant chief a slight nod of his head in thanks then reach forward and grabbed a a few thin slices of meat, cheese, and bread before making a small thin sandwich. He then conjured up a small pot of tea and a tea cup for him to enjoy, he liked his own personally made tea over any one else though if offered tea by another he is polite enough to drink it. He was going to simply observe Leia and Momo due to how the girl's question to the man didn't affect him, if he wished to call Momo a fool he would as he held no fear for this so called Emperor or anyone else. All the beings he feared were in another dimension entirely and far too busy killing one another to bother him or his people, though the humans must be having a grand old time with him not running around throwing wrenches into their plans.
Darkness

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Masurao on Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:05 pm

"All those fancy do's are for official business. Momotarou's fine. Or Momo, if you're feelin' lazy."

...What was with that book? ...There was DEFINITELY something off about this guy. As a force of habit, the middle two fingers of his left hand bent slightly inward, his pointer and pinky making a handsign. Known in modern times as the "Fist of Rock", it also was a ward against the prying eyes of a fate most dark. Of course, though, he knew what he must think of him. Recoverign addicts tend to be, for the most part, wholly useless with anything delicate (at least in this era). Proving as much to himself as the assembled company, Momo reached out with one leg, his foot catching under an ottoman. Kicking it into the air, the cushion ending up with more hangtime, the actual furniture piece hit the edge of the cart, sending a plate, and the small sushi on it, airborne. As the ottoman fell, Momo reached out. With one hand, he caught the cushion. With the other, he caught the plate. And, what happened next, Momo couldn't repeat if he tried.

Deftly moving the plate about, he caught each piece of sushi on it, save one. No, that one had another fate. Twisting, he caught the morsel in his teeth. Setting the plate down on a small endtable near him, he flipped his head back, sending the piece airborne again, once more catching the entirity in his mouth.

"'Near Lethal' is the phrase for it, buddy. But, I ain't lost any edge from it, made DAMN sure of that!" Momo said, after swallowing, ending with a boisterous laugh. He then set the errant cushion on the ottoman, and put his feet up.

Masurao
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestria on Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:18 pm

Tiernan barely managed to keep from bursting out in laughter at Crucent's feigned innocence. She was incredibly fun to banter words with especially when she shamelessly played the "innocent" card when he could quite clearly tell that she was anything but.

"Oh, I assure you that Glaisne does not wish for warfare among the Nations. Open warfare is a waste of resources that could be more effectively directed elsewhere. We most certainly do not wish for that."

He smiled and shifted his position on the chair. "I do appreciate your foresight in requesting the food, though, I would not wish for this conversation to be interrupted by the need for seeking out victuals from elsewhere."

---
Leia's eyes widened as she saw Momotarou's display of physical ability. Then she surprised herself by giggling slightly as he laughed. She couldn't help herself, that much joy was slightly infectious… even though she really wasn't happy with the way her life was being planned around her.

She nodded to him. "You seem to have truly lost nothing from your skills." Then she frowned. "But you are still far too thin."

She saw the book and was slightly curious about it, but she didn't want to intrude on Advocat's privacy. For all that she was becoming very curious about the book and what it could hold that was so interesting.

For herself, she chose a few items from the amply supplied table and poured herself a cup of tea to go with her sandwiches. "So, Momotarou, what exactly brought you to Neorah in time for this whole fiasco to unfold? Were you sent by your Emperor?"

[/center]
Celestria
Admin

Character sheet
Progression Points:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Masurao on Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:54 am

"Huh?"

That was a weird question. He kinda thought it would be obvious.

"Nah, the Emperor's not expectin' me back for another couple weeks, even. I kinda ran out of cash, so I've been hiding in shipping vessels and whatnot t' get around."

Popping another piece of sushi into his mouth, Momo grinned. He continued his thought after again swallowing.

"No, you just got lucky, bein' able to travel with me!"

And, again, he laughed. If nothing else, the man was confident. SHE was lucky to be HIS traveling companion? Perhaps all that time in the sun made him delusional.

"Although..." He continued, his tone and face more serious. "I'd say you've got just about the suckiest reason to be traveling."

His heart went out to the girl. He'd been in a situation not unlike hers; forced to do things he truly didn't want. Of course, at the time, the opium took away the sting of it.

--- ---- ---- --- ---- ---- ---- ---- --- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- --- --- ---- --- ---- -- ---

As the young samurai boy fished out an outfit not dissimilar to the one Momo stole, and began looking to get himself some food, he passed by the young elf's cabin. The door was cracked, so, he heard everything Tiernan was saying. And, he was mad enough to spit nails!

How dare he speak such lies! The interlopers from Glaisne were the monsters, not his people! He couldn't let it continue. Swinging the door wide, he entered, unannounced. Normally, he'd never do as such, but the man was not thinking clearly.

"Why, you sideways-speaking snake!" He exclaimed. Turning to Crucent, he gave his own rebuttal.

"Don't believe a word of it! Glaisne is a viper's nest, and the venom they wield is deception! HIS people came to our nation, threatened us with technology that, at the time, we didn't know existed! Great, metal monsters that swim like fish, and spit like dragons! They would have killed us all if we hadn't done what they asked! For twenty years, they bled our economy dry, and their people could do whatever they liked on our shores, exempt from imperial law!"

This was true. Glaisne's bad position of manifest destiny led them to do things that, in the future, they'd likely be ashamed of.

"They were, in essence, conquering us without firing a single shot! It's only natural that, in the face of such oppression, that people would react with violence! And that story about the passenger ships was an outright lie! Those people from Raonaid were attacked by pirates from the very same! Of those who washed ashore, only a few dozen survived the wounds they'd taken! We sent the survivors back from whence they came."

With more than a twinge of hate in his voice, he turned back to Tiernan, glaring daggers at him.

"Of course, snakes love nothing more than to twist the truth for their own gain."

Last edited by Masurao on Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Masurao
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Crucent on Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:36 am

As the door of her cabin burst open and a young man entered, Crucent was on her feet and ready to kick him out by the time he finished his first sentence. But then she calmed down a little and listened to the boy's claims instead. When he had finished, she held up a hand as a clear sign of not wishing a retort from Tiernan, instead she simply said "I see."

"Thank you for enlightening me young man, but as a rule, I do not take kindly to strangers bursting into my room, so, now that you have said your peace, I think you ought to leave while you still can."

Ushering him to the door and gently pushing him out again, she closed it and turned to her guest.

"Well, it seems he didn't entirely agree with your portrayal of how things really are. Would you like to comment on his statement about the way Glaisne treated Eremaki?"

Returning to her seat, she looked at Tiernan, her hazel brown eyes flaring "And please feel free to tell me the truth this time, if not we may have to end our conversation for now."
Crucent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness on Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:24 pm

Advocat watched Momo's actions with limited interest as the man could have the most powerful and athletic body in the universe and wouldn't catch Advocat's attention, it was souls he cared about and Momo's soul at the current moment was rather standard in quality also the fact the man had the nerve to call Advocat buddy was enough to make the uptight death dealer not willing to give Momo the time of day any more.

But he did make a note to notice that Momo looked curious and weary of him as well as the fact the man made a rather interesting hand sign at him and so he said "You do know that is rather rude....correct? Also for me your actions have a slightly comical tone to it due to how your hand sign has another meaning than what you are using it for.....though I suppose this world won't know of it for a long time." Advocat intentionally said that as he knew they would catch him saying 'this world' and know he was not from any place they know at all.

"As for the drug you was exposed to.....I suppose it would be deadly for you but I know far far worse, it is actually part of my job to know about such things. There is actually a drug that causes a person to develop scabs all over their bodies as a side effect, the people are so addicted they pick the scabs off and eat them in hopes to get their fix from it. Rather horrible drug, quite illegal too.....why the people ever came up with it is beyond me." said Advocat with great disdain as he hated those types of drugs, he actually forbids his people from partaking any such drugs for fear of a Death Dealer going mad and causing trouble.

When the focus switched to Leia's situation he simply sighed and nodded his head at Momo's statement though he then said "While I do agree that it is wrong for her to be put in this situation, it would be best to try to look on the bright side of things. If one was to focus on the negative side all the time and not try to make the best of situations, well they tend to become bitter and unhappy for most of their life. I for one would be deeply troubled if such a fate was to befall you Leia, as a old friend of mine once told me. 'What's done is done, to continue to focus on the past is to risk missing out on the gifts of the present.' Very thing that helps me keep my sunny disposition." Now anyone that looked at Advocat or been around him would say his disposition is anything BUT sunny so it was a bit weird to hear him say that.
Darkness

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestria on Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:59 pm

Tiernan was not pleased about the interruption, or about the way the Samurai's fanaticism threatened the progress he'd made with Crucent. But then something in that suggested a way to turn the "villainy" away from him and he simply shrugged.

"Fanatics will always believe what they want to believe no matter the facts that are put in front of their faces. The fact of the matter is that no matter how that raving sycophant wishes to avoid it, his precious Emperor is not the all-powerful or all-wise deity that he believes him to be and that the previous Emperor did, in fact, order his people to 'expel the foreigners' by any means necessary. That order did, in fact, lead to the slaughter of hundreds or more in ways that their government still refuses to properly investigate."

He paused. "As for the passenger ships… I had a cousin on board one of those vessels. She never reached Glaisne and I know she'd have made it to shore. She was only nine at the time, traveling with a governess on her way back to Hightower following the deaths of her parents." He paused again, letting the grief show on his face, grief he hadn't let himself feel in years. "No one from those vessels made it back to their loved ones."

---
Leia quirked an eyebrow at Momo's open admission that he'd been stowing away to get back to his homeland. Somehow that didn't surprise her in the least. Advocat's suggestion, though… made her feel very put out. Like he somehow didn't understand the severity of what she was feeling… how awful it was for her.

"Look… on what bright side, pray tell? I'm being dragged away from my home to be offered up like some maiden sacrifice to a dragon. My whole life is over the moment I set foot on Astraea's shores. This… this journey is like one ongoing procession ritual. Oye! Oye! All hail the sacrificial victim! Make way for the dead girl walking!" Her voice took on a bitterly sarcastic turn at the last and she slumped back in the chair, a few tears making their way down her face.

"And the worst part is that if I don't go… If I don't play along with this mockery of a journey… then more people will die. One stupid island girl verses the whole of the world… who do you think is going to win that particular contest of values?"

Yeah… she was most certainly not happy about her circumstances.

[/center]
Celestria
Admin

Character sheet
Progression Points:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Crucent on Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:40 pm

Seeing Tiernan showing his feelings so clearly surprised Crucent greatly.
Laying her hand on his, she softly said "I'm terribly sorry for your loss, it must be awful not knowing what happened..." Patting him gently she continued "But come, let's go outside for a breath of air, perhaps that will lighten your mind a bit"
Standing up, she held his hand and pulled him up as well and gave him a quick smile "I've never seen this world from up high, maybe you can tell me where we are?"

Stepping into the passageway, she walked up on deck, with Tiernan still in tow. Grinning as she walked out on the big platform that was the deck, she went to the railing and held on firmly as she leaned out over it, feeling the winds whipping her hair.

Turning to Tiernan she pointed ahead to a sliver of land vaguely seen in the distance and asked "like that? are we already nearing Eremaki? or is it somewhere else?"

Last edited by Crucent on Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Crucent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestria on Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:54 pm

Tiernan smiled at Crucent. "It's one of the other islands of Ula-Ronat. We're still days away from Eremaki." He sighed then, looking out at the sliver of land in the distance. "I know my cousin's fate. See… I asked the Mages of Hightower to find her, when she didn't arrive as scheduled… I was to be her guardian. She… she was my only living relative. They told me that she was… that she was killed on that beach… because she was foreign."

He trembled. "It was implied that matters would have been far worse if they had known that she was my cousin, my blood relative…" He shook his head, then. "I suppose I should be grateful she simply died instead of a fate far worse… but I cannot. Because of them, because of Eremaki, I have no family left, none. I am alone."

He fell silent, then, looking out in the distance. Unlocking the grief would be worth all the pain if it helped him gain the trust of Lei'Ahree's friend…

[/center]
Celestria
Admin

Character sheet
Progression Points:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Crucent on Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:08 pm

Giving him a sideways look, Crucent felt bad for him and speaking quietly she replied "well, i cant say i completely know what its like. I mean, i do have family, just... not on this world..."

"I did meet someone, but he left without explanation so, now im all alone too." Sighing wistfully, she turned around and leaning on the railing, slid down till she sat on the deck. "But at least i have Leias friendship to keep me sane." Looking at Tiernan again, she continued "And since friends are important, if you don't mind, i'd like to be yours."
Crucent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness on Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:00 pm

While Crucent and Tiernan were chit chatting about the inevitable death of Tiernan's only family member a certain demonic figure was watching the two from the cow's nest and when he heard the part about her meeting someone. But the part that got the demon's temper up was the leaving without explanation and having her be all alone, he wasn't upset with her but more toward Advocat as he was the reason the demon had to leave the girl's company. "I'm right here you know Crucent." said the figure as he jumped out of the crows nest and landed on the ground with a slight thump, it was the demon Laharl and he was like she last saw him now grown up more or less though he could change back to a younger form if he wanted to.

Laharl then looked over at Tiernan and instantly didn't like the guy but then again Laharl never liked anyone when he first meets them, he then said "So who is this guy? *runes shock him* Damn it Advocat.....*gets shocked again* FINE....*grumbles* Hello my name is Laharl what is....*grumbles again* yours?" Now Crucent and Tiernan could clearly see the runes when they shocked him so they could guess what was going on, but simply put Advocat was making Laharl be nice.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Advocat though was slowly growing in annoyance as self-pity was an emotion that he held no love for and the very emotion taints and ruins a soul anyway. Leia's actions would end up having her face a very difficult choice in the near future, he didn't expect her to pick one option but would figure she deserved the option at the very least. He looked at her and said "The bright side would be that will be helping countless people with this, your job will not be the sacrifice of a dragon my dear but the voice that will help settle disputes between nations that normally would devolve into wars. Also not everyone is able to travel the world and see every nation along the way, the simple truth is this is a wonderful way to learn more about the people you share this world with."

Advocat did enjoy learning different things as he said "Learn their customs, their celebrations, enjoy their company, become friends with wonderful people you would never have met by any other circumstances. Further more Bahamut might in time become a close friend of yours as well, you see this as a prison sentence when in truth you are given the ability to make the world a better place. Based on what I learned the last one to have Bahamut took neutrality a bit.....too far and allowed rather horrible things to happen. You will be able to heal the wounds of countless millions." His voice had a near whimsical tone as he did enjoy speaking of the power and slightly wished he could of had it, it would of been rather interesting indeed.

But soon the air gained a dark and rather demonic aura to it as he then said in a cold voice "But if you really wish to give this up and loose the chance to be the one person to help fix a generation worth of pain........then so be it." Advocat snapped his fingers and a large piece of parchment appeared in a flash of demon fire, it was covered with crimson red letters written in blood though it was Advocat's blood not others. It was mostly covered demon letters and words that no one could read as it was the part that forced the contract to work, the part that was needed to be read simply stated out this. 'I Lei'Ahree of Neorah here by give one thousand criminal souls to one Advocat of Tartarus, in exchange One Advocat of Tartarus will ensure that I Lei'Ahree of Neorah is relieved of her post as partner of the Divine Shokanjuu known as Bahamut.' Under that was Advocat's signature and under his would be a spot for Leia to sign hers, he then took out a black feather than came from his own wings and held it out for her.

"Simply sign the contract with your blood and the deal with be struck, one thousand criminal souls will be ripped out of their bodies and their energies used to change Bahamut's choice to another. But allow me to say this..........I pray for your sake that you do not take this offer, I am going against my better judgment by doing this."
said Advocat as the last part did sound sincere in a way. Also while Momo would want to stop her he was unable to move or do anything, he could only watch and listen as only the ones involved in a deal directly are able to talk or move during this stage of the contract.
Darkness

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Crucent on Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:55 am

Staring at Laharl in utter disbelief, Crucent quickly got to her feet and threw her arms around him, holding him close as she gave him a long hug, unable to utter just how much she'd missed him. She barely managed to mumble "Oh my gods, Laharl, it's so good to see you, I can hardly believe I met you again."

Releasing him from her hug, she looked him over, noting how different he appeared now from the first time she'd spotted him. Feeling extaticly happy at seeing him again, she could barely contain herself and beamed a smile at him. She really wanted to talk more and find out what had happened too him, but thought it best to wait until they were alone. Instead she just held his hand and gently squeezed it, still shocked at seeing him again.
Crucent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestria on Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:41 pm

Leia looked at the contract for a stunned moment and then up at Advocat. He could do things like this? Someone else could be Bahamut's choice? Someone else could die upon Astraea's shores?

That, though, broke the sudden hope that rose up. As much as she wanted freedom, as much as she feared Bahamut and Astraea… the same values which judged her life as less valuable than that of the whole world would not allow another to go in her place to certain doom.

She narrowed her eyes, looking at Advocat. "And let some other poor fool walk to their death in Astraea? What kind of a heartless monster do you think I am? I can't… I can't do that." She pushed the contract back towards him.

"You don't… you don't understand. No one understands. Bahamut's Choice is a death sentence!" She shivered. Blood would be spilled in Astraea… her blood. She just knew it.

She sighed. "I know you're just trying to help… but I can't put someone else in this same trap."

---
Tiernan lifted one curious eyebrow as he saw Crucent's joyous greeting to the… somewhat less-than-mannerly young man. Apparently he was already well into Crucent's good nature… and he had pretty well demolished the atmosphere that Tiernan had been working so hard to create.

But it wasn't like he could say anything about it because, after all, these things happen.

He's just have to try again later.

He nodded to Laharl. "Hello. Looks like you two are old friends already." He thought the young man looked familiar, but he couldn't quite place it.

[/center]
Celestria
Admin

Character sheet
Progression Points:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness on Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:24 pm

Laharl didn't expect Crucent to just leap at him but he was more than happy to return the hug, his arms wrapping around her protectively and with happiness even if Laharl wouldn't admit it. When Crucent said that she hardly believed she would meet him again he had to laugh a bit before saying "Firstly Cru as soon as I was let loose again I was going to come back to you if I could, also you kinda came to the right place to find me. Don't you know Advocat is on this ship? Thank god that crazy pink haired girl and her pet Echidna are not here any more though."

He let her hold his hand though he was unused to it as he then looked over at Tiernan and felt a sense of pride in apparently derailing this guy's plans or something. When he talked though Laharl frowned, he didn't care much for politeness but if he was going to be forced to be polite this guy should have to be too. He then said "Well old friends doesn't fit too well, I don't think we known each other long enough for that. But we are good friends.....also you suppose to give your name when another gives you theirs....." As Laharl stared at Tiernan a small yawn was heard as Lenna poked her head out of Laharl's hair as she said "Mmm what is all the noise for.......*sees crucent* OH HEY CRUCENT!" Lenna flew out of Laharl's hair and hugged the girl's neck in joy.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Advocat saw Leia look at him with hope and his worries grew but when she suddenly looked unhappy his worries were vaporized, it seemed that thankfully this contract didn't agree with her either. That was a good thing too as he would of been very disappointed and almost upset with her if she took the deal, but when she actually went on the offensive against him instead of simply saying no. He was irked by this but then as she talked his annoyance went away and his confusion grew, when she was done and even admitted he was only trying to help he was perfectly okay with what she said before.

He allowed the contract to disappear as Momo gained his ability to talk and move once more, but as Advocat sat down he said "Firstly I will say this my dear, I am very very proud of you for not taking the contract. As I said I was going against my better judgment when I offered it to you, but what you said doesn't quite add up with what I know. Based on your words you think you will be literally killed when you reach Astraia, as if you been placed on a death sentence........but based on what I know to be true your life would be actually protected there."

He sat down and took a sip of his tea before continuing "Your very life is pivotal for the stability of this world, if you was to die well lets just say that everything would.....well go to Hell. Oh and trust me my dear.....I know what I am talking about when I say Hell, been there for hundreds of years before.....the horrors there are beyond imagination. The worse you can think up...it takes that and multiplies it by a thousand....and that is just when the ones in charge are in a good mood. Either way Bahamut and everyone else in the world as far as we know want you to live for a very very long time, the very dragon would slaughter anyone who tried to harm you once you get to him."

He sat his tea down and stood up to pace around the room a bit in thought before he said "Unless you know something that we do not.....if you do and there is someone who wants you dead.....or more exact Bahamut's choice dead......then that makes things.....complicated and very annoying. If you know anything please tell me, for your death would make me very unhappy as well my dear.....You are one of the few mortals that are actually enjoyable to be around.....when you are not stressed out by death treats that is....then again not many are in good moods with such troubles bothering them." Advocat looked over at Momo and then said "Also I am sure you would be very angry if there is someone after her as well."
Darkness

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Crucent on Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:08 am

Completely oblivious to the less then happy feeling between the men, Crucent looked at Tiernan, still smiling and said "Actually, this is my friend who I thought left me, so yes, we do know eachother."

Turning her head towards Laharl she murmured "I had no idea that you'd return, based on how you left." After hearing that Advocat was onboard tho, her eyes narrowed as her temper rose and her hand squeezed down hard on his, unbeknownst to her. "Why is that person here? and more importantly, what does he want?"

Just as she was getting very angry, Lenna flew up to hug her, and she relaxed a little, smiling at the pixie. "Hi Lenna, it's so good to see you again."
Crucent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Masurao on Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:00 am

(Sorry this kinda sucked. It was 2 AM, and I was rushed...)

...It was about then that Momo decided he really liked Leia's sort. Much of the world had little place for the honor most of the countries (Eremaki, especially) was built upon. As such, it was rare to still find it. For a girl like Lei'Ahree to have it was something he'd not quite expected.

Of course, he couldn't spend too much time worrying about that. Here, he had a Shinigami! A servant of Ha Des! Now, he was worried. Mostly, their kind are greedy.

"Yeah, kinda would. But, y'know what?"

He had to be shrewd about this; no sense tipping his hand.

"I don't think you told us much about yourself..."

Last edited by Masurao on Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Masurao
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestria on Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:52 am

Tiernan lifted a curious eyebrow at Crucent's response to the mention of this "Advocat"… he thought he remembered the name from back on the island, but he wasn't certain if that was the one who had made a positive impression on Lei'Ahree before she'd read them all the riot act and stomped off in one of her fits.

But first, he nodded to Laharl. "Hello. I'm Tiernan Nathair, of Hightower. Pleased to meet you." Manners were manners, after all.

"I'm rather curious about this Advocat person." He looked over at Crucent. "You don't seem to like him very much. I'm curious as to why, actually. I told you about why I say what I do about Eremaki, I don't suppose it would be asking too much to inquire as to your reasons in this case, would it?"

---
Leia sighed. That was just it, she didn't know the particulars. She just knew that her blood would spill in Astraea… and that she didn't dare accept Bahamut for that reason… that there was a trap there… somewhere. She certainly didn't trust that the dragon would protect her. She half expected him to be the one to kill her… no matter what Advocat might say.

Momo's question to Advocat, though, distracted her from her own musings and made her look up and tilt her head in curiosity. "He's right… you've never told me much about yourself… I know that you're friends with the little one who got caught in the ocean, though." She couldn't imagine that someone who seemed so affectionate and genuinely fond of a small person like that could be completely awful… and his polite behavior had only emphasized that opinion. "Please… I don't want to make you uncomfortable, but I am rather curious."

[/center]
Celestria
Admin

Character sheet
Progression Points:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down