Heroes of the DragonQuest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Character Progression
Diarmad EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 1:38 am by Celestria

» List: Weapon Styles
Diarmad EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 1:31 am by Celestria

» List: Vocations
Diarmad EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 1:29 am by Celestria

» How to play the game
Diarmad EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 1:26 am by Celestria

» Building a Character
Diarmad EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 12:59 am by Celestria

» Hero Template
Diarmad EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 2:55 pm by Celestria

» Player Input Needed
Diarmad EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 4:38 am by Crucent

» Breaking the Monotony
Diarmad EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 1:48 pm by Crucent

» Clock of the Fates
Diarmad EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 2:34 pm by Ghost

Navigation
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Statistics
We have 28 registered users
The newest registered user is callousdiva11

Our users have posted a total of 1093 messages in 194 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 160 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:58 am

Diarmad

2 posters

Go down

Diarmad Empty Diarmad

Post by Gareth Numitor Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:28 pm

Name: Diarmad (son of Gareth Numitor)

Race: Dwemer/Auran

Homeland: Raonaid

Class: Thief

SubClass: (Summoner)

Elemental Affinities:
Primary: Earth
Secondary: Water
Tertiary: Aether

Strengths: Pretty much an easy going kid, likes to help out. Also seems to have a knack for "defusing" a stressful situation, particularly in an argument. He is handy with a bow and slinging rocks.
Weaknesses: He's not all that well developed for travel, and has no experience fighting or doing anything outside of his home, so he's in new territory and new experiences at all times. He doesn't appear to have to many gifts as yet, and he seems to suffer from nightmares on a regular basis. Gareth attributes this to the devastation their home and family were subjected to.
Battle Style: Hasn't had any battle experience, except with his inner struggle with his mother's death. Generally, though, his actions reflect what he perceives of his father: fight or flee, his bravery mirrors Gareth's.

Appearance: Diarmad is a lot like his father in appearance. His baggy shorts, leather boots, and shirts are hand-downs from his father and previous generations, with a few patches here and there. As many families in his town all the members of his family dressed more or less alike for generations. Because of his youth, however, he has not earned the right to wear a purse.

Personality: Easy going, leery of strangers, stays close to dad, and is pretty good at following directions from dad, but will occasionally disobey if he sees that it'll help out a situation (defusing and making amends).

History: His history is much the same as his father's (Gareth Numitor), other than that he's younger and not experienced as much.
His current mental image of recent events is one of confusion: He knows, in his mind, that something horrible happened to the town and home he grew up in, and saw the devastation, but in his heart he still doesn't understand why he can't see mom again, where she went, or why they had to leave. He still longs to be back home where everything is familiar, and the new experiences and unfamiliarity of his surroundings as he follows his father tend to register as "bad things" for him, and periodically show up in his dreams as twisted representations trying to take him away, or take something away from him. As to what these dreams represent or what the nightmares are trying to take from him or take him to... all he knows is that it scares him, sometimes to the point he will stay awake for days in a row just to keep the frightening images from his mind.

Pictures: (Again, it's hard to find a camera in the Highlands, but it'll happen eventually.)

Gareth Numitor

Back to top Go down

Diarmad Empty Re: Diarmad

Post by Masurao Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:00 pm

Holy crap, you made a lot of stuff.

Nothing wrong here.

Approved.

...Just make sure you can USE him. I dunno if we lifted the pointlock on party members, or not...

Masurao
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gareth Numitor Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:33 am

As I said on the Claymore thread, I'm new to this. Is this character too weak? Didn't want to get overpowered. I've been talking with "Mrs Griz" about this character and she suggested the "dreamed reality" thing be a Shokanjuu trying to manifest, so that's what I came up with.

Can child characters "grow up" or are they static? If they are static then perhaps he is a liability to Gareth.

Gareth Numitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Masurao Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:21 pm

Um... Yeah, a child can grow.

But, thta means we need to figure out if the site is Real-Time or not.

Also, I forgot. The Strengths and Weaknesses also refer to stats. Strength, Defense, Magic, magic Defense, etc.

What's his build?

Masurao
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gareth Numitor Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:55 pm

Sorry, like Gareth i figured the stats were implied by class. As such, Thief was the major descriptor for his stats. I figured he would be a lot like his father and physical, but life on the road and his future as a summoner takes the wind out of his physical strength. Ill work on this and Gareth tomarrow when i can have the class stats in front of me. I was going to add a sporran to Gareth anyway.

Gareth Numitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Masurao Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:14 am

Oh, yeah, the class says a lot.

But, the Strengths and Weaknesses need soemthing in them to do with combat. So, consider that.

Masurao
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum