Race: Auran

Homeland: Eremaki, currently in exile.

Class: Ninja

SubClass: Monk

Elemental Affinities:
Primary: Water
Secondary: Ice
Tertiary: Thunder

Strengths: Sarutobi is a skilled assassin. His extensive, rather brutal training regimine has instilled in him all of the skills needed to complete any task he might be assigned: skilled in stealth, martial arts, swordsmanship, and a mixture of offensive and support spells, Sarutobi has a wide arsenal of abilities at his disposal.

Weaknesses: Sarutobi is, physically, relatively weak, both from a mixture of intense dexterity training and near-constant starvation from his rogue status. While stronger than your average citizen, his strength is no match for that of a well-fed warrior. In addition, his rigid mental training has left him susceptible to all spells that distort or alter one's senses or mental state. E.G. Blind, Berserk, or any illusions. Any sensory spells cast on Sarutobi have their effectiveness increased by 50% and their duration increased by one post.

Battle Style: Sarutobi is an exhaustive tactician. If he cannot take out his target from the shadows, he will lay traps, and use disabling attacks to weaken and disorient his opponent. He utilizes his environment to its full potential, luring opponents into favorable positions to gain the upper hand. When forced into a straight-up fight, Sarutobi uses a mixture of ranged, magical, and melee attacks, switching from style to style to keep the flow of battle in his favor.

Appearance: Sarutobi is a rather androgynous, bland person. With dark hair and brown eyes, Sarutobi posses remarkably unremarkable features. His single distinctive feature is a thin scar running from slightly above his upper lip to the bottom of his lower. At 5'8, his height is quite average. A somewhat lean, if muscular build layered under a hooded, earth-tone cloak gives him the look of an ordinary traveller. His weapons secreted throughout the voluminous layers of cloth hiding their presence give off not the slightest clank or rattle, held in place with straps and quick-release holsters. Under the cloak is the typical leather garb of a woodsman, a worn vest with a thick, serviceable woolen shirt underneath. His pants are a light tan color, stained in places with blood and patched numerous times. A worn pair of soft leather boots, perfect for sneaking silently, completes the outfit.

Personality: Sarutobi is a quiet, non-confrontational person. Near impossible to jar or affect in any way. Quiet, soft-spoken, with an easygoing, somewhat shy exterior that gently rebuffs any attempts at getting close, emotionally or physically. He keeps to himself, respecting the privacy of others in the hope that they do the same for him. While quite intelligent, he does not show it off unless he is directly asked, preferring silence.

History: Sarutobi's childhood was one of quiet, dull, inescapable despair. Isolated from his parents at birth, and raised to be an emotionless too of war. Knowing no human affection, his days were filled with endless training and quiet, harsh rebukes, often accompanied with the punishment of more physically demanding training. Though he was raised on a compound, his only human contact was with his handler and his sensei. At the age of 10, he made his first assassination. A minor merchant who was attempting to meddle in the political affairs of the country. Delighted at his success, his handler pushed him harder and harder, sending him on near constant missions; infiltrating mansions, assassinating public figures, stealing important documents. As he neared his 20th birthday, his handler and the one who gave the man his orders decided that, while amazingly effective, their little weapon was beginning to outlive his effectiveness, as he was beginning to gain some small measure of recognition. Deciding to get rid of the boy as quickly as possible, they sent out a document, declaring his usefulness to have ended, and their intention to end his life. As the messenger left, a tall, armored figure walked calmly into the midst of the compound, blatantly ignoring the hostile faces of those who surrounded him. The handler, and his superior, came out, enraged at having their commune discovered and horrified at the implications. They ordered every single shinobi in the compound to attack the armored stranger, in their panic. The stranger slaughtered them with ease, no compassion for the dying youths apparent from his expression. Sarutobi rushed the man, the last person standing, flickers of his very first emotions burning in his heart. A small amount of rage, fear, and sorrow fueling him, he dodged the blows his fellows had failed to a anticipate, matching the man's incredible speed. With a grunt of approval, the man casually backhanded him the next time Sarutobi strayed too close, sending him to the ground unconscious. He awoke a short time later,to see his handler and sensei dead on the ground in front of him, and the blood spattered stranger squatting beside him. Without even acknowledging his now awake audience, the man spoke. " Of every single person here, you were the only one to hold even a flicker of emotion, or personality. The damage done to you by those monsters..." With this, the figure waved in the general direction of the two corpses laying not five feet from him. "Is beyond my ability to repair. But not yours. I have one final mission for you. This mission has three parts to it. You are to rediscover your humanity. You are to track me down. And, together, we will end this atrocity, by killing those responsible. Your cover name for the duration of this mission is Sarutobi Nattsu. Failure to complete this mission, or revealing the nature of it to outsiders, is grounds for instant termination." With these words, the figure stood, and began walking away from the blood-soaked, empty compound. As he neared the edge of vocal range, he called out, almost as an afterthought; "Good luck, my young friend."

For the past six years, Sarutobi has survived through bounty hunting assignments, seeing as his home country denies his very existence. Though still not psychologically or emotionally sound, Sarutobi has made quite amazing progress, and is now beginning his search for the armored figure that still haunts his nightmares.

Pictures: http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=assassin#/d2fxy8s

Site Connections: The phrase "none of your business" springs to mind.
Sarutobi Nattsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sarutobi Nattsu

Post by Celestria on Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:33 pm

Hmm... Auran but Eremaki native? Interesting. Most Eremakians are Elf or Merrow or a blend of the two races. Aurans tend to be from Glaisne or a few other Nations, but they are definitively "foreign" to Eremaki...

At least, I think so. I'd have to ask Masurao if there are Auran villages somewhere. I can see the use a Ninja-like character could have for the Auran ability though.

Lemme check with Masurao and see if he has any issues that come to mind, because I really don't see anything other than that slight idiosyncrasy.

And, I would really appreciate it if you did not go out of your way to be insulting about any aspect of the Template. You cannot fault us for being curious about where you found our address or if you happen to have RPed with any of us before.

But if you wish for your connection to remain anonymous, we can respect that.

[/center]
Celestria
Admin

Character sheet
Progression Points:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile http://www.maracaegrizzley.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarutobi Nattsu on Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:12 pm

My apologies if I sounded rude. Was not my intention. The person who sent me this link was rather adamant about his privacy, so my apologies if I came off heavy-handed.

As for the idiosyncrasy, it was actually planned. What better tool than a foreign child kidnapped and raised in your homeland? No possible connections to family, and a sense of distance from those around you from racial differences. Sorry if I left that out, I tend to miss details like that if not pointed out to me.
Sarutobi Nattsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestria on Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:13 pm

*nod* Fair enough.

And I can actually understand your explanation for the racial differences. Given the strain between Glaisne and Eremaki, such an agent would be very interesting.

As long as Masurao doesn't have an issue with this, then, I can accept it.

[/center]
Celestria
Admin

Character sheet
Progression Points:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile http://www.maracaegrizzley.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Masurao on Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:55 am

I don't have a problem with it.

But, Masurao's called the Revolutionary Emperor for a reason.

He learns about you? Trust and believe, he'll see that Eremaki does right by you.

Oh, to be young and idealistic...

...I'm sorry, I was having a flashback.

You're approved, far as I'm concerned. Leia?

Masurao
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestria on Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:41 pm

*nod* Looks good all around.

Approved

[/center]
Celestria
Admin

Character sheet