In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 20 on Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:09 am

All the pretty Dolls

Go down

All the pretty Dolls

Post by Celestria on Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:50 pm

As some of you might be aware, I cannot draw to save my life. Honest. I do REAL good to manage bulbous stick figures.

So how did I get the pretty pictures I use for characters? Easy, I use someone else's art through a craft called Dolling. Dolls are easy to make, there are dress-up games all over the internet and there are dream avatar sites as well that make character design as easy as mixing and matching features and items.

In the interests of full-disclosure, and as a way to provide the requested link-back for the sites I use most often, I'm going to provide some links here to some of my favorite places. Some of them I'm using for the Site now, some I'm not, but probably will later.

Doll Divine -This is the source of the pic I used for my character and others. The dolls are more mature than some of the avatar sites, which is a good thing, and it is unmatched for skin-tone options in the peach to brown shades. And that is very helpful when it comes to characters from Ula-Ronat who happen to be more Hawaiian than anything else. The artist still doesn't do much with pastel skin tones, so that's where a good picture editor program comes in handy.

Lunaii Dollmaker -Excellent options for avatars on a 100x100 pixel scale. Some pastel skin tones, excellent options for alternative appearances (horns, wings, etc). The Avatar maker *does* have a strong Chibi slant, though, so be forewarned that the characters will look a bit like toddlers. This is not necessarily a bad thing for Moogle characters, though.

Roliava Avatar Maker -My current favorite for character pics that I tend to use in Signature Banners. Good skin tone options, excellent hair color options, even if the styles tend to seem repetitive after a while because I tend to use the same ones. The Site is a bit odd to navigate, though, so fair warning.

That's it for now. I'll add more links as the need comes up later.

[/center]
Celestria
Admin

Character sheet
Progression Points:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile http://www.maracaegrizzley.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum