None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 20 on Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:09 am

Scoping Out Potential Clients

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Scoping Out Potential Clients

Post by Darkness on Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:27 pm

Astraea was not exactly the place you would expect to find a man such as Advocat as he was wearing dark clothing and it made him contrast with the surrounded very much so, his black suit with golden trims along with his black shoes made him just look dreadfully out of place but he still held a air of an upper class man. But for others he also held an air of death, despair, evil, lust, and destruction mixed all into one dangerous combo, but he did not mind the stares he gained from others as he simply nodded his head toward them and continued on his way. He was here not to make the people like him far be it from that, he was only here to see if he could not find more people to make deal with in this energy filled nation.

Though what really got his attention was the large amount of energy that is given off by the great crystal that is located on the main island, as he looked up at the crystal his mind was already at work on how to gain its energy and recover at least some of his lost power though he did think *Hmm that crystal would be a source of endless trouble for me even if I was back at full strength.........thankfully it is not able to react on its own..........and so it is easy to take advantage of that fact......* But first he wanted to enjoy a wonderful cup of tea.......that is if the people on this island know how to make a good cup of hot tea, he walked over to a small cafe' and looked up at one of the waitresses and said "One cup of tea and a biscuit my dear."

The waitress walked off to get his drink and biscuit while Advocat lifted up his little black book and went through the names as he had all the names of the people on this world with information on when a person will die and how they will die, but sadly until he regained his ability to see souls he wouldn't know who's name belonged to who until the person told him their name his or her self.
Darkness

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scoping Out Potential Clients

Post by Celestria on Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:14 pm

The waitress nodded at the man's order. She'd heard others from Glaisne call cookies by that strange name, but she'd heard it enough to know what it meant.

Still Glaisne wasn't a popular Nation of late, not after what the Mages had done. Most especially not after what they had done to Lei'Ahree, who Kept the Great Crystal of Astraea.

Lei'Ahree was walking the streets of her town, glad for the chance to get away from her palace, and heard the telltale signs of a Glaisne-accent. She shivered lightly at the sound, old memories crowding her mind for a moment. But she had a responsibility to her people and to her Nation, a responsibility to all of Artegal.

She had to remain neutral between the Nations. As much as it pained her.

She walked up to the cafe and saw the man sitting down as he accepted the cup of tea and the cookie from the waitress. She approached him so that he could see her walking up. Her gown that day was in a deep turquoise color and the fabric swished around her calves. She wore a very wide belt with several buckles to accent the slenderness of her figure, and the top was almost off the shoulder, though the sleeves were long and caught at each wrist by ties. Her feet were protected by simple thick soled sandals that tied up to the knee.

She nodded to this man from Glaisne. "Are you waiting for anyone in particular, sir? or would you mind if a stranger sat down to speak with you?"

[/center]
Celestria
Admin

Character sheet
Progression Points:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile http://www.maracaegrizzley.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness on Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:02 pm

Advocat sat and looked through his book only for a few more moments before the waitress came back to him with his cup of tea and biscuit, he took the biscuit and dipped it into the tea making it softer and with that he ate a bit of it off. He then took a sip of his tea and thought *Hmm I've had better, but still it is above average.* with that he put it down to do a bit of looking to see if any names were glowing, but then his attention was gained by the approach of someone else and this time it was just a random citizen. Now that was strange as most stay away from him and also tend to show him great distaste and hatred, he looked her over and she was easy on the eyes but she gave off the feeling of someone who was not the type to fight others unless forced to. Not exactly his type but who knows she might be interesting to speak to so he just let her approach, when he heard her question he gave her a small smile and said "No no I am simply here enjoying a nice spot of tea and a biscuit while looking through my account book, feel free to sit down my dear."

Advocat looked her over a bit then said "Ah Lei'Ahree it is good to finally meet you, I am known as Advocat by those that have heard of me. Hmmm one moment..." Advocat flipped open his book and looked through it till he found her name and started to read up on her, he then listed off her parents' name, where she was born, and when she was born. He of course did not say when she would die as that would be very curel of him and also it wouldn't be fair to tell her when she will die and not tell everyone else on this planet when they will die. He then closed the book and said "Sorry about that I tend to read aloud at times, I am the new leader of Glaisne and I know you hate the nation. So if it is any help I am not even native of that nation............or this world for that matter." Advocat said the last part dryly as he was rather bored with everything.

He then said "So what brings you outside without your guards? I am sure they are causing quite a fuss by now." he wasn't going to do anything to her, not yet as well her soul was very valuable based on what he knew and when he could see it for himself oh he would find out if she was worth the trouble it would take to get her to make a deal with him.
Darkness

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestria on Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:12 am

Lei'Ahree nodded to Advocat when he introduced himself and listened politely. She only interrupted when he said that she hated Glaisne. "I don't hate Glaisne. I hate what was done to me by one from there, and I despise what the Mages sought to do using me. I cannot hold a whole Nation at fault for the actions of a few, and those few have paid for their actions with their lives and worse. I am the Keeper of Astraea, and must remain neutral between the Nations."

She paused for the rest of his words and then nodded at his inquiry about her guards. "It's true, I am about without my guards. I do not normally need them in Astraea because I am not the girl who left Ula-Ronat, not anymore. Now I can call Bahamut, and assassins usually keep their distance."

She looked at this man, this new Ruler of Glaisne who had the ability to command Odin. She still remembered Odin, and what Odin had been commanded to do by the last man who called on the power of the Crystal there. It was very difficult to look at him without resentment coloring her sight at what Tiernan had done, or what the Mages of Glaisne had done to Eremaki prior to those final offenses.

"What brings you to Astraea?"

[/center]
Celestria
Admin

Character sheet
Progression Points:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness on Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:42 am

Advocat chuckled a bit then he said "You say that yet I can easily tell you are struggling not to show some resentment toward me, but then again I did hear the last leader was a rather nasty person to deal with. That and my kind are never looked upon without some form of hate or distaste, so I am rather impressed with your ability to keep from doing as such. I commend you on that at the very least, and to answer your question I am simply here to see if I can get some business going." He then looked over at Lei'ahree with his crimson eyes as he then said "And the Bahamut summon eh......now that would be a rather annoying thing to keep under control. Not saying you couldn't but due to the sheer size and power it has, well it hard to keep it from accidentally destroying something it should have no?"

Advocat's book glowed for a moment as a name in the book started to turn white and he then said "Oh dear looks like death is going to be with us soon." he looked around to finally spot an old man who seemed to be suffering a heart attack, after a few moments Advocat said "3....2.......1" after one the man fell over dead which scared quite a few people as he said "Well at least he lived a good life...." the name soon gained a feather symbol to show the man was going to heaven or what ever this place had that was equal to that. He then said "Oh yes before you ask, my race are called Death Dealers. Now if you excuse me I have to find a few people to make contracts with, if you wish to tag along then so be it but please do not interfere."
Darkness

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestria on Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:22 pm

Lei'Ahree sighed. "Tiernan Nathair was more than a little troublesome, yes, but I cannot believe that he would have followed that path had he not been involved with the Mages of Hightower. Still, he was involved with them and with their plot and he chose to assist them in their goals through methods that earned my personal enmity." His comments about Bahamut made her chuckle softly. "None of the Shokanjuu are much trouble for their Summoners provided that the Summoner isn't trying to use the Shokanjuu for purposes that run counter to the nature of the beast."

There was a brief shadow in her eyes. "I do not know if Odin will tell you what Tiernan Nathair commanded him to do. You are his Summoner now. Just be aware that there are lines that should not ever be crossed."

She blinked for a moment as he explained what he was. "A Death Dealer? One who metes out death to others? Or do I misunderstand the phrase that you are using?" She was very curious, though, so she nodded to him at his invitation. "I think I will accompany you today. I wish to know what it is that you are and what you do."

[/center]
Celestria
Admin

Character sheet
Progression Points:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness on Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:52 pm

Advocat listened to Leia as she went on about some things and so he said "A man's choice is his own, it does not matter what kind of people are around him. If he chose to work for those mages there is a chance he would of tried to do the same on his own, but then again we will never know for sure. The past is the past and that is that, but don't worry ever since I got in control......the mages of hightower has lost many of its more corrupt members already." Advocat though did that through the means of making contracts with them of course, he didn't do it to clean house just to take advantage of the situation.

After that he heard the part about the summon and he simply shrugged as he said "Odin does not scare me in the least, I have dealt with beings who's powers far surpasses his own. Though I do find working with him rather........interesting and I do value him, that alone earns him my respect and good manners. Also no he did not tell me, as to be quite frank I don't care what he did in the past. He is now with me and that is all that matters, you mortals put far too much emphasis on the past." Advocat had just grown tired of the past since his was so long it would require many books to put all the information into written form.

When the girl said she would come Advocat grinned a bit as he said "Well you are right and you are wrong in what you just said about my kind, we do deal out death but most to those that have given us written permission to do so. Though we do far far more than that......we are......oh it would be best to just show you instead of explaining." Advocat turned and walked off as he went into a few alleyways that were always in any nation, soon he found a rather......repulsive young woman who was using drug like herbs on herself to forget her sadness. Advocat looked down at her and said "Oh dear me, madam I can feel your sadness. What is wrong?" the woman looked up and said "I......I am just trash.......nothing more........I......I wish I was dead.........why was I born like this......." Advocat grinned inwardly as he knew this was perfect for him, though outwardly he was showing his fake sympathy as he said "My child what would you do if I could make you so beautiful, no man could resist you?"

The girl was shocked to hear this and looked up as she said "I.....I would give anything for that......" "Even your soul?" ".......yes....." replied the woman after much thought. Advocat then said "Then so be it.....let the contract signing begin....." with that a burst of flames appeared in his hand for a moment, then a strange partchment ended up in his hand. It was made out of paper as white as snow, had gold trimming on it, and the leaders were written in bold golden letters as he then said "Sign this, and you will gain beauty that will be unmatched by any other........BUT.....by signing this you give me the sole right to your soul.........I will collect it in five years or if you die before then..........agreed?" The young woman looked at it for a few moments then nodded her head, Advocat then said "Then sign this paper with your blood, that will make it binding and there is no going back." the woman got a small empty pen from Advocat and used it to prick her finger and sigh the paper with the pen, after that Advocat did the same with that he grinned.

With that the contact disappeared into flames as hellfire shot up and covered the girl, she screamed out in fear but she wasn't being harmed as the flames forged her anew and now where once stood a rather ugly young woman was now a goddess almost, Advocat grinned as he showed the girl a mirror and she said "THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!" "It was nothing my dear......nothing at all....." replied Advocat while the girl ran off to test her new looks out. Advocat looked at Leia and said "That is what a Death Dealer does, we give contracts which is sort of like wishes.......but we require payment. Now you couldn't possibly be upset with me over that, as the girl did it willingly so it is her fault she is now mine." as he said that the book on his side glowed a bit as the woman's name turned a darker crimson red and a skull symbol appeared besided her name to show she was now Advocat's soul.
Darkness

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestria on Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:02 pm

For a moment Lei'Ahree thought she was going to be sick.

She didn't know what made her more sick, the blatant manipulation or the condescending way he passed off his responsibility for what he was doing.

Or the way it reminded her of the self-loathing she'd seen in Tiernan's face when he betrayed her because of a very similar deal. Tiernan's betrayal had earned him so much worse than mere death, and that was a mercy only because he hated what he had done almost as much as anyone else.

She shivered. "Glaisne deserves you in ways I don't think you truly understand, but there are good people there still." She wanted to believe that there were still good people in Glaisne, people who wouldn't take his poisoned apples like they were good.

But after all that Glaisne had done already in the name of power at any cost . . . she wasn't certain.

[/center]
Celestria
Admin

Character sheet
Progression Points:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness on Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:22 pm

Advocat looked over at Leia and heard the comment as he then said "Oh if my heart had not turned to stone thousands of years ago I do believe you would of made me sad, if you are trying to make me feel bad about what I do then I will say this. You mortals kill each other for something as foolish as looking at each other the wrong way, I have seen wars that have killed so many of your kind it almost equals more than the number of souls I have ever collected in my long life span." He smirked at her and then said "But at the very least.......when a person gives me their soul......I give them something in return that they want, while you mortals take a life by paying the other with pain and suffering.........now tell me........who is the real devil in such situations?"

He closed his book before looking at her and then said "Also I could help you in the near future my dear, who said you have to pay me only in souls.......I might take weapons, armor, spells......shokanjuus and other such things for payment.......who knows when you might need me to bring back the life of a friend you lost.............or find someone you lost...." Advocat grinned at her a bit more before he said "Also who knows..........I might start having my kind come to this world as well.........it all depends on if your people are willing to serve me in exchange for what I have." with that Advocat walked off, she could follow him and try to talk him into something or maybe at the least find a way to get him to stay out of her nation it all depends on what she planned to do.
Darkness

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestria on Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:12 am

Lei'Ahree shivered lightly at Advocat's words. For all the sense she knew that he was making, she knew the poison behind the logic. There are lines that must be drawn, or there ceases to be any reason to anything. No right, no wrong, no purpose to living. No freedom.

That was the part that really hurt. She treasured her freedom and the freedom of others.

As much as it pained her, she had no right to interfere in the free choice of others so long as their choices did not infringe on the public safety or on the freedom of others. As much as she despised everything this creature did and believed in, he had to have the right to believe it or her own freedom was null and void.

She glared at him. She wanted so much to strike him down, but he was merely acting in accordance to the agreements made with him.

"I want you to know," she muttered as she followed him as if pulled unwillingly to continue this macabre association, "that I do not like you or what you do. I cannot, though, deny your freedom to make your foul bargains."

She had to clench her teeth against losing her stomach. But she would be fair.

[/center]
Celestria
Admin

Character sheet
Progression Points:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness on Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:45 pm

Advocat grinned as he could still hear Leia was behind him and was still following him around as he then heard her comment as he said "I never asked a single soul to care about me or what I do, no one likes lawyers or what they do most of the time. Yet when a person needs a lawyer they go straight to them, I am simply a man who gives out a service that some feel they need. BUT I am pleased that you are not going to try to stop me in my work, I would hate to have to fight a young woman like you as it just doesn't quite sit right with me for some reason." He shrugged a bit and continued on his little walk through Leia's one city, he then stopped for a moment as he heard something.

He walked toward the source of the sound and was going toward a building, he listened through the door and heard this "Just stand still you bitch, I just want to cut you open and clean out the insides.......heheheheh.......you will make a wonderful new addition to my collection......" said an apparent killer. Advocat face turned sour as he then said "There is nothing I hate more than killing someone out of pleasure. One moment my dear." with that he summoned a rather large sized revolver, it was covered in strange patterns and in a way looked quite lovely. He walked to the door and kicked it down before walking in, he then saw the killer who had now pinned a young woman down as Advocat said "Worthless mongrels like you should be put down.......at least I will help in lowering your foul numbers just a tad bit."

The killer jumped up and was about to come at Advocat but the sound of a bullet being fired could be heard then the sound of a body hitting the ground with a thud, Advocat had shot the man right between the eyes and he walked over to the young woman as he watched her cry from the whole event. He sighed a bit before his gun disappeared as he placed a hand on her head and said "Sleep young one, and forget what you have seen here." with that the girl fell into a deep sleep that would help her forget this whole mess. He then called out for Leia as he said "I do believe I just did the job of your guards right now, so if you would call a few of them here to clean up this mess it would be helpful." with that said he picked the girl up and carried her to the room upstairs and laid her down. After that he walked out of the house and looked at Leia as he said "Just because I deal with death doesn't mean I enjoy watching the suffering of all, only the suffering of those that commit sins that would send them to hell..........I do enjoy cutting into the number of souls that damn Devil Grimmlet would normaly get without me around."
Darkness

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestria on Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:44 am

Just when she thought that Advocat could not twist the line between Light and Shadow any further, he made that line pirouette around him like a Sugar Plum Fairy during the Festival of Stars. Leia literally had to fight from being physically ill, but she did not wish to hate this man. She could not let herself hate this man.

She was the Great Keeper. She was the point of neutrality between the Nations.

But the Darkness that seeped off his skin made her shudder from memories she would rather forget. And his cold-blooded approach to life and his own responsibility for the loss of that life horrified her. Glaisne deserved him in ways that she wished they didn't, and she did not want to hate Glaisne for the sins of their leaders in the past, but she knew what they had done to Eremaki and she knew what they tried to do to the whole world through her.

But then, for Advocat to turn around and echo her own opinion about the careless theft of life for mere pleasure . . . it made her head whirl and her stomach threaten to empty itself out of dizziness.

She willed herself not to falter, but it was difficult. She nodded to him and used a device through a jewel on her bracelet to summon a few of the guards who patrolled the streets. When they appeared she waved at the corpse. "Dispose of that, please. He was apprehended in the process of committing a heinous crime." They nodded in understanding. It was one of the few areas where she truly did not waste sympathy. Some crimes were not tolerated in any form.

Especially after what had happened to her.

She turned back to Advocat. "Let's be gone from here, if possible." She was repelled by this man, and fascinated by him at the same time.

[/center]
Celestria
Admin

Character sheet
Progression Points:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness on Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:25 am

Advocat waited with a rather bored expression for the guards and when they did show themselves he shook his head to himself as he thought *So slow, but then again that is how these peace loving nations get. They get complacent and sloppy at best, and down right foolish at worse oh well.......* after that little business with the body was taken care of he got into his book and found the name of the killer as he then said "Now to make sure this soul is given extra torment, just like all the other killers and murders I have given justice to." with that he stabbed the name with a black quill pen as the name was then covered with what looked like tiny barbed wire chains, Advocat then closed the book and looked up at her when she seemed to speak as if she would still travel with him. Now THAT was interesting to him to say the least, this woman who seems to absolutely hate him wanted to now travel with him still now that was rather interesting to say the least.

He then started to walk but he was growing quite bored with all this as he didn't have a thing to do in this nation, it was all rather boring at least back in his he had the pleasure of watching testing of new weapons as well as a good game of chess from time to time. He then said "Besides this nation's greater beauty due to gardens and the great crystal it has......it seems rather boring. Do you not have anything that is of some excitement?" Advocat was still a young demonic being in hellish standards that is and though he can butt heads with the devil on the mental scale and at times power scale he was still one that was prone to being bored easily.
Darkness

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestria on Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:33 am

Leia smiled softly. "But you see, peace and boredom are what we desire, is it not? Excitement is overrated, because it usually means that something is going wrong. People like their peace and quiet. It means that we're doing our jobs properly." She wandered through the city next to Advocat for a moment, looking at the structures and the children playing in the street.

The matter of the Great Crystal was one that she wasn't certain how to approach, given Advocat's tendencies. She didn't know how he would respond to the power in it, or the potential that she worked so hard to keep from ever being realized. "There are sometimes games arranged, and festivals for the various holidays. My favorites being Midsummer and the Festival of the Stars at Midwinter. When I still lived in Ula-Ronat I would go diving and spend hours below the waves in the waters of the ocean." Her eyes were distant and lost in memories. "But it has been a long time, it seems, since I was able to swim the waters off Neorah."

[/center]
Celestria
Admin

Character sheet
Progression Points:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness on Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:22 am

Advocat shook his head a bit at what Leia said about excitement as he then said "Oh yes I forgot that this world is not like the one I normally deal with, you have yet to discover oh what was they called......oh yes amusement parks. Either way I meant excitement as in fun, not chaos. I only enjoy chaos when I am in a fight, for then the chaos has a reason to be used. While chaos in everyday life tends to only waste time, resources, and energy; either way I have had little time to myself these days. I have been cleaning house so to speak ever since I rose to power, those blasted mages and engineers that kept going on about some stupid plot to steal this world's magic were driving me mad. What would I possibly want this world's magic for, I had powers equal to or great than it before I got here and all I wish is to regain what I lost." He then listed to her go on about these festivals and such, as he heard about this Ula-Ronat and swimming as he then said "Now tell me this my dear, why exactly have you not gone back to the waters you wish to swim in?" Advocat was one to do what he wanted, when he wanted, and how he wanted to do it when it came to things that were not work related, and as such Leia's actions were a bit strange to him and so he wished for her to explain it to him.

As this went on a racket could be heard as some people were running away from something and when Advocat saw a man in a black cloaked run out of an alleyway he said "........Bloodletter seems to have found the one that got away........*sighs* But he is causing a ruckus....." with that a fifteen foot tall demonic being with a large weapon charged out of the same alleyway as the black cloaked figure. Advocat sighed once more as he watched the demon throw a barrel at the man who dodged it and turned toward them, Advocat saw the man take out a few knives and throw them toward Leia and himself as Advocat said "How annoying...." Advocat quickly grabbed Leia and moved her behind him as the knives aimed at him dug into his left shoulder and his right leg as the ones aimed at Leia hit the ground. He looked up at the man who was now rushing toward them with a knife out but Advocat just grinned as Bloodletter was right on top of him, the demon swung down and smashed the man into the ground knocking him out quite well.

With that Advocat pulled out the small knives and said "Well not the excitement I had hoped for, but excitement none the less. Bloodletter bring the rogue mage to me and make sure you get a good grip on him, I am in no mood for more wounds as you know this outfit is very hard to clean blood out of and repair." Indeed Advocat's wounds were getting dark red from the blood but he ignored it, he felt far worse in his life span and while the demon got the man in his iron grip it looked upset to see its master harmed. Advocat looked over the man then said to Leia "Sorry about that my dear, it seems this one had the bright idea of killing us both if he could. If I had know that I would of ensured a few of your guards had come with us, my apologies for you nearly being harmed." Advocat bowed to her as blood dripped onto the ground from his wounds as he then said "Bloodletter, take him back to the ship and ensure that the guards have fun tormenting this man for attempted murder of myself and of Miss Leia. Oh and the fact he was part of that annoying group with dreams of stealing magic and what not." The demon walked off with the man but would be back as it was a very loyal one and wanted to keep an eye on its master, as Advocat said "Shall we continue our walk?" Yep Advocat was just going to ignore the wounds.
Darkness

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestria on Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:34 am

At Advocat's question, Leia started to answer him to tell him that she hadn't returned to Ula-Ronat because she was now the Keeper of Astraea and had to look after her people, but they were . . . interrupted.

Leia's first thought when she saw the great form walking towards them was a flashback to when Tiernan had ordered Odin . . . she shivered at the memory and pushed it away with only the greatest effort. She was not being attacked by one she trusted. She was not being betrayed by one who should have known better.

Still, she backed away from the Shokanjuu demon. At least the Dark energies coming from him were not full strength. It was a minor form of the Summoning, one which did not drain energy from the Summoner, but still . . . it made her very nervous.

It made her even more nervous when they were attacked by the renegade Mage. That, though, startled Leia out of her hesitation where Advocat and his demon were concerned. She was infuriated that any of those damned Mages had survived after what they had caused throughout Artegal. The anger was enough to give her the strength to stand and not flee. She nodded to Advocat. "My thanks." Her eyes still flashed with fury.

But then she saw the blood and her concern for Advocat was immediate. "Here, let me help you." She reached out to him, pulling the magical energies from herself and focusing them in her hand it a white-lit energy. The energy lit up around Advocat and after a motion from Leia, it sank into his body, healing his wounds. Her smile afterwards was slightly hesitant. "It isn't much, but at least it helps."

((Lei'Ahree's Cure for 10MP. Out of her 80MP, that means she's still got 70 to throw around.))

She sighed and decided to continue to walk with Advocat, more confused than ever. After a moment she returned to the question which had been interrupted by the would-be assassin. "I have not returned to Ula-Ronat because I left to become the Great Keeper. I am responsible for Astraea and her people now. Matters have been difficult in the past year, much unfortunate excitement resulted from the plan by the Mages to use me to steal the Crystals and the magic of Artegal."

[/center]
Celestria
Admin

Character sheet
Progression Points:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness on Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:16 pm

Advocat arched an eyebrow when he heard Leia wanted to help him of all people, he allowed her to heal him and if anything her being able to heal his body with a curing spell did prove he was still a living person not some Lich or anything. He then said "Thank you my dear." He gave her a slight nod of his head and a very faint smile, ya it was not a really happy one but it was a way to show he did approve of her actions. He knew she still didn't like what he did and who he was but none the less, at least she was not hostile in the least and so he said "My dear I am sorry to ask this but it seems that while we were walking I have been trying to get Odin to explain what happened, but the man is being very stubborn and I don't feel like trying to pry at him any more. If you would tell me that would be very helpful, but then again if you do not feel doing so. Would you terribly mind standing here with me for a few moments as I look it up in my book, I am quite curious as to what exactly happened to make you dislike the darkness so much even when it is not directed toward you."

As he waited his mind was stuck on wondering what could make a being such as Odin want to be silent about, then again Advocat has been forced to do things that bothered him such as destruction of stars to kill off entire solar systems worth of life. Oh how silly it is that humans try to find life on other planets and would have already, if it wasn't for the fact he had been forced to kill them off before hand. A huge waste of life, resources, and energy in Advocat's mind and when he asked why it had to be done every time he heard the same line 'Because I wanted it done.' Bah to use such power for his childish pleasure........so fitting of a devil but so annoying to one such as himself who seeks to have fun but not break everything around him in the process.
Darkness

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestria on Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:22 pm

Leia closed her eyes for a moment and shivered lightly. She wasn't surprised that Odin didn't want to speak of what he had been forced to do . . . or that she had suffered for it. She took a deep breath to try to steady herself. "If you wish to read of it in your little book, that is your choice. I give you fair warning, though, it was horrific."

She looked away from him, looked out at the horizon and the place where the sky and sea met each other, touching like lovers.

She didn't want to remember that awful day, didn't want to remember the pain and worse. But she still had nightmares because of it. Still woke screaming in the night even this long after Tiernan had been punished for it and those who commanded the thing were killed.

"Suffice to say that it was not something I wish to see happen to anyone else." She sighed. "The Mages of Glaisne needed a living puppet at their control so that they could reunite the crystals and fly away from Artegal. Tiernan was commanded to turn me into that puppet. By any means necessary." She shuddered. "I really don't know that you really want to know anything more than that."

[/center]
Celestria
Admin

Character sheet
Progression Points:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness on Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:48 pm

Advocat arched his eyebrows a bit when he heard her warning as he said "I am a man who been in Hell for a very long time, I think I can handle it. Thank you for the permission." He grabbed his little black book and opened it, he looked up Lei'Ahree in the book and started to read up on her as she continued to talk to him. After she was done he said "Ah so they tried to break you though torture.......how vulgar. I only approve of it if a person has committed sins and I tend to make the punishment fit the crime, either way I am pleased to see that you have gotten through it with your sanity intact for the most part. You could of been worse off than simply having phobia of Darkness and nightmares, either way I am pleased the ones that did it were punished. Pity I was not able to deal out the punishment........I would of made it very unpleasant."

With that Advocat focused on the book as his eyes darted from left to right as he read up on her history, but soon his eyes started to move more slowly, his body started to shake a bit, his normally neutral face was starting to contort into frown, his eyes shifted from bored to a death glare, and when he finished his body seemed to be putting out a large amount of death and darkness energy as his body shook with utter and complete furry as to what he just read up on. As of now Bloodletter was now coming back but if Leia looked at the demon she could see its normal pace had slowed down to a crawl, and it seemed.......scared.......which was strange as.....what in the world could cause a demon of that size to fear for its own life.

Advocat then finally spoke as he said in a voice that was strangely dark and demonic "......So THAT......is why......damn those bastards.......and damn that Tiernan for his actions........and damn him and those bastards for escaping my wrath......." Advocat looked over at Leia with a glare though it wasn't directed at her but at anything near the woman as he was infuriated beyond measure and if Leia was to meet that glare she would see that his eyes were no longer red but have shifted all the way to pitch black. No pupil, no iris, no cornea to be seen just two pitch black eyes who's darkness and hate surpassed even Odin's, though with Odin he was more of a Dark God than a devil and so it did make sense in a way for Advocat's furry to surpass his own in sheer malice. As this went on Advocat's body started to get dark, oh yes he was about to have one of his moments of pure anger and the last time he had one of those moments.......well lets just say the black plague was not an natural thing.
Darkness

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestria on Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:27 pm

Leia sighed as Advocat began to read. Mere torture was the least of what was done, though that would have been bad enough. She turned to look at him as he read more closely into the account and knew that he saw what was done to her.

As the ambient energies, though, turned ever darker as a result of his anger, she started to shiver more strongly. She could feel the cold slide of the Darkness over her skin again and it made her shake with the need to run or to fight. She tried to remind herself that he wasn't using the energies against her. He wasn't trying to break her as Tiernan had.

She turned her face away. "I warned you, did I not?" She shivered again, the tremors in her chest making her voice waver. "Tiernan has been repaid for his actions. Emperor Kakumei and I saw to that when we faced him and the Mages who commanded him after I was able to escape." She sighed, a wavering sound in her chest because of the trembling that held her. "Odin helped me escape. It was all he could do. So perhaps you understand why I am hesitant about one who leads Glaisne using the power of Darkness and Death."

The trembling increased in strength. "Please, Advocat, calm yourself. I survived. That is what matters, is it not? I survived and they failed. At least I know that you would not countenance such methods. I do not wish to be your enemy. As Keeper of Astraea I am held neutral between the Nations. Please understand my position."

[/center]
Celestria
Admin

Character sheet
Progression Points:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness on Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:24 pm

Advocat was still rather upset and when one of the town guards got near him and tried to stop him, well the man was now being lifted up into the air and strangled by Advocat's left hand as he glared at the man and said "Worthless useless piles of flesh and bone, what use are guards when I a king has to do the work of protecting another nation's queen. Feh I was correct in replacing you all with machines in my nation....." Advocat tossed him away and though the man had a bruise forming on his neck he would be ok. Advocat glare more toward Leia as he heard about this Emperor his anger spiked a bit but he was trying to contain it and the more he listened the more he started to get control, the summon helped her as he read and so she was worried about him abusing Odin.

He held his head a bit trying to calm down as he always did have a bit of a temper problem, that annoying anger and protective instincts of his past human life was still a chore to deal with. After a bit of her talking his voice calmed a bit then said "I...ugh....despise....rape......above......all other.....sins......." Advocat finally just calmed down and forced the angry darkness and death that fueled the rage to leave his body, it took the shape of a skeletal demon like shadow that faded away into his own shadow. Advocat was now back to normal as he said ".....Oh dear.......seems I had one of my angry moments........I am sorry about that. I don't want you to be my enemy and had no intention of becoming as such, at the current moment I didn't eve know that was a problem I needed to worry about. Why would you think you would have to be my enemy?"
Darkness

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestria on Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:41 pm

Leia rushed forward when she saw the guard being strangled. "Please, Advocat, I was not yet ruler when it happened. Tiernan was one of those charged with my safety. He would have been the one to have prevented my being harmed. I was under Glaisne's protection, on a Glaisne vessel, surrounded by those employed and controlled by those who were demanding that it happen. Had any of my actual guards been present, they would have acted to prevent the atrocity."

As Advocat calmed down, so did Leia. "I am the neutral adjudicator between the Nations and I am closely tied to Eremaki. The Emperor is my friend. Glaisne and Eremaki have not been on the best of terms in the past several generations." She gave him a wavering smile. "And after the violence of the Emperor's response to what was done to me, it would be natural to presume that the tense nature of international relations would continue."

She looked into his face, meeting his eyes. "A great many people would argue that my friendship with the Emperor means that I cannot be neutral and thus cannot be Astraea's Keeper."

It was friendship, at the moment. But there were whispers from more than one side that perhaps it wouldn't remain just friendship for long. The political implications and consequences of such a move, though, could be tremendous. The Nine Nations needed the neutrality of Astraea in their conflicts.

[/center]
Celestria
Admin

Character sheet
Progression Points:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness on Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:22 pm

Advocat listened to the young woman and started to think a bit as he then said "Hmm I have an idea and how to show good faith toward your nation, and how to show good faith toward this Emperor. I need to at least make allies as I do know that Lestat fellow will come bashing down my door in due time." Advocat thought about it for a while, he then heard her friendship with the Emperor and as he thought about it he said "Oh that is nothing to worry about, all you need to do is keep your personal life out of your work. I do it all the time, just because I am pleased with a person outside of my work doesn't mean I give them any slack. But if you think you can't do as such, then I suppose looking for a replacement when you think a connection to anyone ruler is making you favor them over another. That is all you can do, no point worrying about the details."

Advocat then said "If at any point you find it convenient, I will travel with you on one of your nation's ships. With everyone on board being under your control, the same for the Emperor if anything it shows that I show enough good will toward you and him not to do to me as my.....predecessor did to you. Also it would be a good way to give me and the Emperor time to speak, I hear he controls that oh what was it......oh yes divine being........be rather powerful to have him and Odin work together if Lestat was to attack one of us or some other nation. No?" Advocat wanted to keep an eye on this Emperor as that holy creature of his was the only one being that made Advocat feel.......unpleasant.
Darkness

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestria on Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:05 am

Leia nodded slowly. "I have been considering making a Visit of State to Brimlad to speak with this Lestat and gauge his temperament. We were unable to meet when I passed through on my journey a year past and some of the rumors that have reached me are . . . disturbing." She restrained a sigh. Some of those rumors were worse than simply disturbing. They were downright worrisome. She didn't think that this Lestat was the type to commit the same atrocities as those who ruled Glaisne before Advocat.

From what she heard he was more likely to simply kill someone and be done with it.

Still a possible meeting between Advocat and Masurao had incredible potential to go either direction. She knew that she had to be there. She had to be a buffer, if possible. Still, there was potential in this. She wasn't certain of all the intricacies of Eremaki customs, but she knew that she could show weakness and allow both of them to keep appearances should something happen.

"I think that a meeting between you and Emperor Kakumei could do a great deal of good for both Nations. But I'll warn you now, Eremaki has been severely mistreated by Glaisne in the past. He will need to keep the appearance of strength. Appearance means everything in Eremaki as I understand."

She hoped he understood what she was trying to say. Eremaki was a minefield of culture and expectation, of appearances and customs she did not understand yet.

[/center]
Celestria
Admin

Character sheet
Progression Points:
0/1000  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness on Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:31 am

Advocat looked at Leia like she was half way out of her mind and so he said "You must be joking....I have been looking up this Lestat fellow and so far I have been getting......rather discomforting information on him as well. At the very least have either myself or this Emperor fellow come with you, if Lestat is crazy enough to try to capture you and kill you while you are there. With either myself or the Emperor with you, then you have a very good chance of getting away. If he was to summon that nasty beast of his on you, at the very least as yours is taking care of his the other one can be used to keep his little soldiers away and assist if needed. But that is the worse case scenario, at the very least you have to watch out for attempts on your life I suppose, an accidental death by nature is a very.....convenient way of getting rid of someone." Advocat knew all the tricks of the trade as he been contracted to kill another before, and even in ways as to make it look like an accident.

He then heard about the whole trouble between his nation and this Emperor Kakumei's nation and so he said "Well that doesn't quite apply to me, I am not even from this world so I am just a being who filled the power vacuum before some other little nasty tried to take my nation over. Oh so they follow that rather incorrect way of judgment, oh well I follow the more correct way of always thinking.......appearances can be deceiving. When I finally get enough energy to bring a demon I found in your world to this realm........well lets just say he makes one truly embrace that way of thinking." Yes Advocat has located and convinced demons from this realm's hell to join his side and so it would be dangerous to mess with him after he gets to that point.
Darkness

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum