None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 20 on Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:09 am

Scoping Out Potential Clients

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Scoping Out Potential Clients

Post by Celestria on Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:10 pm

Leia sighed. "I don't claim to understand all of the customs of Eremaki. I haven't studied it for very long, nor was I raised to understand all the intricacies of it. I was . . ." she paused, "I was just a pearl diver from Neorah before the Great Crystal called my name. It was all I ever wished to be."

She sighed deeply. "It doesn't matter to most of those who live in Eremaki, raised by the culture and in the society, that you are a stranger who arrived to fill a power vacuum. You are of Glaisne. That is what matters to them. No matter his personal opinions on the matter, he will be required to maintain a position of strength where you are concerned."

She nodded slowly as she reached several decisions. "I have no intention of meeting with Lestat unprotected. My position can do much, but it cannot do everything. Most certainly I will have guards with me, loyal guards. I will consider your suggestion, though, of taking a companion as well. I do not wish to be unprepared."

She looked up at him. "I would be willing to provide an introduction between yourself and Emperor Kakumei in the interests of ensuring no further hostilities between your two Nations."

[/center]
Celestria
Admin

Character sheet
Progression Points:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile http://www.maracaegrizzley.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness on Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:47 pm

Advocat listened to Leia and nodded his head to what she said as he then responded "Yes well I do not know their customs either and I don't quite care too much to know it, I feel my mannerisms is more than enough to fit into many different areas. Also it seems we have something in common, we both came from rather humble beginnings though you wish you could of stayed a pearl diver. I myself never wish to return to living a life or soul crushing normality, I suppose I am just a strange being through and through." After he listened to how he would be treated he said "Very well if they wish to hate me then so be it, I cannot and will not have everyone like me. To wish for such a thing is to be selfish and unrealistic, so if he wishes to act hostile toward me then so be it. Better to deal with someone who is acting hostile than to deal with a group of people who are hostile."

Advocat shook his head a bit at the idea of her just going with guards as he then said "The guard idea would be good for protection but only for so long, his men have the advantage of numbers, home territory knowledge, and the fact they can set up an ambush. As such taking an companion is the best course of action, I do not wish to have to go to war so soon over the fact you was killed. But to war I would go none the less." Advocat would not go into details as to why he would go to war for her as he didn't know, he just knows that he would if it came to that situation and it bothered him greatly to think as such. He heard the last part of her response and to that he said "Fair enough, also gives me an perfect opportunity to travel on one of your ships with just my demon being with me. Should alleviate some worry from the population of Eremaki as I would not have any weapons or soldiers with me to cause trouble."
Darkness

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestria on Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:23 pm

Leia nodded. "It would certainly alleviate some of Eremaki's concerns, though they will likely have requirements of their own to see to the safety of their Emperor. It should help that I will be present."

She wanted to be there, if her presence could keep the two from settling the dispute between Eremaki and Glaisne with blood. Too many had already died with the plots of Glaisne's Mages. Too many had already suffered. Anything she could do to prevent further loss of life was a good thing to her mind.

"I shall see that arrangements will be made for a journey, then. Would you like to tour the rest of the city? Did you have any plans for your stay in Astraea?" She wasn't going to ask why he would feel the need to go to war if she were killed. She didn't know whether she wanted to hear the answer. His presence still unnerved her, but she knew that it was only residual fear from what had happened to her.

She didn't have to let the fear rule her. She could choose to set it aside, to beat it back and go on with her life.

[/center]
Celestria
Admin

Character sheet
Progression Points:
0/1000  (0/1000)

View user profile http://www.maracaegrizzley.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down