Heroes of the DragonQuest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Character Progression
Leaving Neorah - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 1:38 am by Celestria

» List: Weapon Styles
Leaving Neorah - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 1:31 am by Celestria

» List: Vocations
Leaving Neorah - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 1:29 am by Celestria

» How to play the game
Leaving Neorah - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 1:26 am by Celestria

» Building a Character
Leaving Neorah - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 12:59 am by Celestria

» Hero Template
Leaving Neorah - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 2:55 pm by Celestria

» Player Input Needed
Leaving Neorah - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 4:38 am by Crucent

» Breaking the Monotony
Leaving Neorah - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 1:48 pm by Crucent

» Clock of the Fates
Leaving Neorah - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 2:34 pm by Ghost

Navigation
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Statistics
We have 28 registered users
The newest registered user is callousdiva11

Our users have posted a total of 1093 messages in 194 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 160 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:58 am

Leaving Neorah

5 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Leaving Neorah - Page 3 Empty Re: Leaving Neorah

Post by Darkness Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:19 am

Laharl's temper toward Tiernan simmered down a slight bit when the guy finally gave his name to Laharl and when he heard the name he had to think *....And people think my name is weird....* He didn't say it though and simply nodded his head to the guy's introductory words, when the Advocat subject came up Laharl simply said "He's here cause he wants to keep a close watch on this Leia girl, seems he is interested in her enough to drag me along to help protect her. Weird considering what he is but feh....I never understood him anyway...now as for your questions Tiernan. Well if you want to know why you can ask Crucent, I'm not going to go spreading the reason around. I don't talk about Advocat that much, the guy knows what I am doing at all times so talking behind his back doesn't work for me. I enjoy not getting fried to be honest....." Laharl had a blank face due to how he was dead serious, he was not going into that topic no matter what.

As this went on Lenna flew up and sat on Crucent's head watching the conversation, she had nothing to add to it but did say to Crucent "Good to see you are doing well hun, sorry about us leaving like we did."

___________________________________________________________________________________

Advocat noticed that Leia seemed more or less at a lost as to what to tell him and figured that she knew something would happen to her, just the particulars were not too clear for her and so he said "Hmm seems you don't quite know the details, I'm going to guess that since you feel so strongly about this yet have little details that this was information you gained through a premonition. Such an ineffective way of seeing the future but one of the few ways that actually work." Advocat then noticed the topic changed from helping Leia to asking information on him, he chuckled a bit as it was a common subject for people who just learn of his other worldly status. Thus he moved over to his chair and sat down to drink a few sips of his english tea before sitting it down and looking over at the group with a rather bemused expression.

"Well the subject you are asking is a rather general one, I have lived for many many years and have done many different and rather monumental things in that short span of time. You will have to ask a more exact question really, do you wish to know of what my kind are called, what powers I wield, how I came to be in this world, or what position I hold among my kind. To be quite honest you could even ask me how my very race came to be, I am more or less the father of my kind and founder of it. I could even give you information of the other world I know of called Earth.......then again I suppose I best not. Wouldn't want to risk tainting this realm with such information, either way ask a question and I will answer it. But for sake of time please ask your questions in groups, far less of a hassle than having us go back and forth no?" said Advocat before he sipped his tea once more waiting for the questions to be given.

Last edited by Darkness on Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Darkness
Darkness

Back to top Go down

Post by Crucent Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:46 am

Straightening her shoulders, Crucent gave Tiernan a long look before she replied "Advocat is....
a creature I am not particularly fond of, even if Leia is. My reasons for not liking him I don't want to divulge, at least not yet. I'm not sure it's my place to do so, and since it's also very personal to me I'd like to know you better before I decide if I should tell you or not. Now if you'll please excuse me I think it might be best if we continue this conversation later."

Turning she let go of Laharls hand and walked away quickly, still fuming at the mention of Advocat's name.

As happy as she was at meeting Laharl again, she just couldn't understand why anyone would accept becoming someones slave, and having seen just a little of how it was like beeing this Advocat's possession, she did not like him one bit.

Growling to herself she walked to the stern of the deck and flung herself down in a chair, and only then did she notice the pixie sitting on her head. Gently taking her down so Len could sit on her hand instead, Crucent smiled at her and said "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to ignore you hon, It really is good to see the both of you again. I've missed the two of you very much. How have you been?"

Crucent
Crucent

Back to top Go down

Post by Masurao Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:41 pm

...Now, see, Momotarou is, indeed, a politician. ...However, he only seemed to use tact with large-scale political situations. Needless to say, if you give him the opportunity to be a smartass? He's probably gonna be a smartass.

"Okay, then... What are your kind are called, what powers do you wield, how did you come to be in this world, what position do you hold among your kind, and how did your race come to be?"

As out of character as such a volley of questions was, especially to someone he'd only just met, Momo got the DISTINCT feeling that, whoever this was, he wasn't like anything he'd ever encountered, and, as such, MANY of the niceties he'd usually go through were moot.

...If direct questions would get him what he needed to know, then, direct questions, he would ask.

Masurao
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestria Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:29 am

Tiernan lifted one curious eyebrow at Crucent's obvious anger and frustration paired with her intent to be polite… this could make for very interesting circumstances at the very least. The comment that Lei'Ahree seemed to be fond of this "Advocat" suggested things to Tiernan's mind that made him very concerned.

The one thing he didn't want was for someone else to beat him to the closest position to the Summoner Candidate. Not when his instructions were quite plain… and very explicit.

He looked at Laharl and shrugged. "I believe that it is in our best interest to allow the lady a chance to calm herself before we speak with her again, wouldn't you agree?"

---
Leia blinked in surprise as Momotarou turned around with the exact questions that Advocat had asked about. She wasn't entirely certain what she should ask, or even what she could ask without seeming too intrusive.

She'd had more than enough intrusion into her life recently to know that she didn't want to subject anyone else to the experience.

She took a moment to sip quietly from her teacup, gathering her thoughts. There was really only one thing that she was curious about, and she knew that she was going to have to ask the question. "Why… why did you come to Neorah to seek me out for this journey? What is your interest in my position as Bahamut's Chosen?"
Celestria
Celestria
Admin

Character sheet
Progression Points:
Leaving Neorah - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/1000Leaving Neorah - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/1000)

http://www.maracaegrizzley.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:47 am

Laharl watched Crucent's temper get the better of her but hey he couldn't say anything, she had good reason to be pissed and he gotten mad over things smaller than what she is upset over. As she left he watched Lenna get taken off with her since the pixie was still in Crucent's hair, Laharl simply waved goodbye to Lenna to which the pixie did the same. He then looked at Tiernan and finally dropped the nice act, to hell with what Advocat wanted as well. "Ya it would.....oh and Tiernan stay away from Crucent. I don't know what the hell you are up to but if you hurt her in any way, I'll personally rip your arms off and stuff them down your throat...." With that Laharl went back to the crow's nest by simply jumping up, he was going to stay there for a while.

Lenna had a bit of a time making sure she didn't fall out of Crucent's hair as the woman moved around, she figured that Crucent's anger toward Advocat made her forget she was up here. Only after Crucent sat down did she notice Lenna and move her out of her hair and into her hand, Lenna didn't mind though as she said "It okay I know you are upset with Advocat being here, but please don't start a fight with him. Advocat may not look it but he is strong enough to easily beat Laharl and Laharl is a demon, you are a mortal one of the things his kind tend to pray upon.........okay bad choice of word. His kind feed on Mortal souls but they don't steal them, they make deals with humans who pay them back with their souls."

___________________________________________________________________________________

When Momo repeated what Advocat said he quirked a brow and stared at the man before saying "Hmm seems I am speaking to an echo, but fair enough I'll answer those questions. But since Leia asked a more original one I'll answer her's first." Advocat didn't like people who got smart with him so Momo just got placed on Advocat's gray list, these are the people that can die a meaningless death and he wouldn't bat an eye at the sight. He then finally said "My reasons for becoming part of this little quest has changed a bit from what it originally was. At first I simply saw this as a way to quickly and effectively learn more about this world, by traveling with you I would be able to go to each major nation and learn a fair amount of things about each group of people. I am a person who enjoys having large networks of intelligence, but after meting you personally certain things have been added."

Advocat had to pause though on this part as it was a desire he was unfamiliar with and took him a bit of time to properly word it but he did and continued "Meeting you and talking to you caused me to become interested in you personally my dear, as I said you are one of the few mortals I enjoy speaking with. That alone was enough to cause me to want to ensure your well being, another thing is I am curious....a soul like yours is extremely rare on Earth. So I also want to see how a person like you will handle this quest, I want to see if you can keep your soul as pure as it is now even after gaining access to great power. For as they say......power corrupts." Advocat was not about to say that he seemed to have a faint attraction to the girl, that would just be awkward to say the very least.

He then turned to look at Momo and rubbed his temples a slight bit before saying "Now for your questions, the last one will be a rather long one that I have very little love for. The memories are not fond ones, but I did say I would answer it so I will just bare with me on it. My kind are called Death Dealers and my powers at the current moment are not what they use to be but as you seen I am able to make devil contracts. These contracts are able to bend reality itself and reverse even death, but they require powerful Death Dealers for the more....drastic contracts and the amount of souls needed for such things are great. There is one particular contract that only myself and my generals can produce, they are the ones that can turn another being into a death dealer. Besides that we are able to see souls even the ones inside of the living, we have control over darkness, death, and a third element of our choosing, we are immortal as well, and finally flight. There are others but I'm starting to prattle on at this rate......"

Advocat had to stop for a moment to regather his thoughts as it been quite a bit of time since he last did so many long answers in a row, he remembers all the information but still it takes a bit of time to sort through centuries worth of memories for the right combination. After a few more seconds he then said "How I came to be here is not a very complex thing, due to how my old self's power and abilities were on par with gods and devils summoning magic tends to get mixed up and go after me. I am easily able to break such magics but I tend to just go with it and see what the fool or fools want, you never know when a potential deal might be made these days. This is true for how I got here as well, a group of high mages from Glaisne summoned me to this world. But they made a fatal flaw......they thought they were my masters and tried to order me around....I quickly corrected them on that matter but seems the fools had created a rather unstable summoning rune. After killing the last one the rune broke and drained all of my powers out of me and sent it back to my realm, there is a good chance that in my home realm my old powers are being guarded by my generals."

Advocat smiled at the mention of his generals as he did enjoy their company, they like him were created through Grimmlet so they were his siblings of sorts. He snapped out of his happy memories and then responded to Momo's forth question "My position is King, father, and savior of my kind. I'm more or less the most important and powerful being of my kind, thankfully I was not foolish enough to have it where if I was to go missing that my people would suffer. Then again with my old powers there I'm sure it is helping the Generals in keeping the realm stable and safe." Advocat didn't seem all that smug when he told them his position and he had real concern for his people's well being.

But soon Advocat's disposition darkened and he took on a far less happy and relaxed stance, he actually looked boiling with rage and hatred actually as he then said ".....The creation of my kind was your last question....so here is the answer. I was a human mortal who through the use of sorcery summoned a demon named....Grimmlet....to me and I made a deal with him. I give him souls that represent the seven deadly sins of Lust, Greed, Sloth, Gluttony, Wrath, Envy, and Pride along with the souls of my mother, father, and sister, he has me become the most powerful sorcerer to ever live with the powers of Hell itself at my command. Yes I am fully aware how selfish and horrible such a desire was, but I was a young idiotic human back then. After I did my part of the deal Grimmlet turned me into the very first Death Dealer, and for a few centuries I was able to enjoy my new found powers and immortality."

Advocat sighed as he then was forced to remember one of the worse parts of his long life, as he then said "Grimmlet though had other plans for me.....he soon came for me in a bid to subdue me and force me under his control. I had prepared for the conflict but he had an ace up his sleeve....it seemed while I was busy enjoying myself he created three more Death Dealers that were fully under his control.......*shakes with rage* I can still see that damn devil cackling at my reaction, I was horrified at what I saw as their eyes were empty and devoid of will. He then used them to fight me and defeat me, as I was not ready to face three more of my kind even if I was the strongest of them. The pain they inflicted upon me though....was nothing compared to having Grimmlet force his dominance upon me.....to feel those burning chains dig through my skin and worm their way inside of me before binding my soul......the pain was almost enough to destroy me."

Advocat by now was having large amounts of darkness and death energy seething off his body, his anger was slowly growing more and more as the memories of the pain continued to replay in his mind. "......Five hundred years.....Five hundred years of being treated worse than a dog.....his succubi would have their way with me. His rage demons would fight me and rip my body apart before devouring all but my head, only for Grimmlet to bring me back from the dead......but the real horror was seeing what he would do to the other three. I knew not what they did to end up like they did, but while I deserved this punishment for my selfish desires. I would not allow him to do what he will with them.....I had to find a way to free us from that Devil's control. Thankfully I was able to procure a artifact that predated Grimmlet, the Scythe of Thanatos......the very first Grim Reaper."

Advocat's temper was now simmering down and he was not giving off so much darkness and death energy any more, he then told the final part of the story "With it I was able to break Grimmlet's control over me and use the great power it held within to defeat him and force him to give up control over the others. After that I used my powers to help fix the damage Grimmlet did to the others and gave them back their will, I then created a new realm for us to live in. A realm I called Tartarus, the other three then elected me to be the King of our kind and I had them be my General. From there the three went out and gathered up humans, angels, and demons that wished to become Death Dealers and had me do the contracts, thus I became the father of my kind as well as its king and leader. These days though there are enough Death Dealers around that normal reproduction is enough to keep the population growing, though we still accept people who wish to join our ranks." Advocat was now silent as he was lost to his memories of home, thinking of the white streets of the Anubis District, the heat of the forges in the Hades District, and the smell of the magics in the Hel District.

But soon the door to Leia's room was opened a bit as Mala peeked her head in for a moment, she looked around before running inside and running up to Advocat's leg and hugging it. Advocat was snapped out of his memories by that and looked down "Mala? Weren't you sleeping earlier?" "Mala felt Advocat getting upset. Mala was worried about Advocat." Said the Imp as she looked up at him with worry. Advocat smiled a slight bit before picking up Mala and placing her in his lap as he softly stroked her head, this caused the Imp to hug him as he simply kept stroking her hair.

"It was just some bad memories is all Mala, don't worry about it." said Advocat as the Imp nodded her head but kept hugging him, it was quite cute with her being the size of a cat at the moment. Advocat looked up at the others and said "Are there any other questions?"

(Good god this was a long post...*goes rest my fingers*)
Darkness
Darkness

Back to top Go down

Post by Masurao Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:10 pm

It was safe to say that nearly all of that was over Momo's head. Death Dealers? Hell? Grimlett? And this guy's supposed to be some kind of immortal?

However, once Momo realized what his powers were indicative of, it all started to make sense.

"So... ...You're a Shinigami?"

"Shinigami" is an old Eremakian word. Literally, it translates to "Death God". Which, considering Advocat's claims, would be rather appropriate. Shinigami function, though, more like Psychopomps, not the wheeeling-and-dealing spirits Advocat claimed to have dominion over. That aside, Momo got the distinct feeling that bad tidings would follow where Advocat went.

Then, Mala arrived. ...Her behavior was nothing short of confusing. Not to mention her very existence. He'd never seen anything quite like Mala, before. (Most of the spirits from Eremaki tend to take on human-sized forms.)

Masurao
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestria Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:32 pm

Tiernan shrugged to himself as Laharl vanished into the crow's nest. He wasn't afraid of the boy, not enough to make him alter his path or his intentions. There were worse things he'd seen already and he had no choice anymore.

So he started back into the main structure of the ship, hoping to find Lei'Ahree and maybe have the chance to make a better impression.

---
Leia did her best to listen to Advocat's long explanation and though most of it did go over her head slightly… okay, more than slightly. She had NO idea what he was talking about with things like "Earth", though she fully understood his hatred of being enslaved.

The idea that he found her personally intriguing, though, made her confused and she didn't quite know how to respond to that.

Mala's arrival, though, interrupted her thoughts and she smiled at the small imp. "Hello, Mala. I trust you have no plans to go swimming again? I would rather think that you don't want Advocat worried about you again."

In all honesty, she really liked the little imp. Mala made her feel rather protective, and she was glad the small one had a friend in Advocat. It was why she couldn't bring herself to distrust him.
Celestria
Celestria
Admin

Character sheet
Progression Points:
Leaving Neorah - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/1000Leaving Neorah - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:02 pm

Advocat noticed that the others were more or less lost beyond all reason to what he said and simply had to chuckle at them as they made him talk so much, yet they understood oh so little but when Momo called him a Shinigami he said "Not quite, Death Dealers do not guide souls to the next life. When a person sells their soul to us it is ours to keep, we use the souls we gather to increase our powers. This book of mine is more or less the place the souls I gather are kept, what fate awaits the souls in there is dependent on what they wished for and how they went about it. Self sacrificing souls and high value souls are placed in a slight limbo, they are not made to suffer but they do not get much in the way of pleasure. They get few nice things every now and then but that is all. For souls that are selfish though.....well lets just say it gets worse and worse the greedier your wish is."

He reached over to get his little black book though it was hard with Mala nuzzling up against his chest like he was her father or something, when he got it he opened it and pulled a soul out that seemed to be mildly okay with her predicament. "This one sold her soul to save the life of a little boy who would of died if she hadn't of done it, I keep good care of this one for that." Advocat stroked the head of the girl soul before putting it away. "Also my kind only care about souls that we have dealings with, if you was to suddenly die Momo it would not be my job to take care of your soul. That boring job belongs to what ever being that does such a thing, think of us more like Business men and women who deal with making dreams come true........for a price."

Mala though was by now trying to get Advocat's attention as she was pawing more or less at his chest now, the Death Dealer looked down at her and waited for her to ask what she wanted. "Mala hungry...." she said in her cute voice to which Advocat nodded his head before responding "Hmm well it has been a while so I am sure you are hungry. One moment dear." Advocat caused his scythe to appear in his left hand before he moved the tip of it to his right hand, he then used it to lightly slice his index finger before making it disappear. As the blood trickled out it was red just like a human's would be, Mala quickly moved over to suck on the finger happily drinking up the crimson fluid.

Advocat was sure the others were a bit confused and said "While normally Mala's kind eat meat and other foods, I've learned that my blood is very nutritious for her. I believe it the fact my blood is saturated with my powers, she can live off it easily enough. As for the swimming issue, yes I would be upset if she was to nearly drown again. I'll have to make it a point to teach her how to swim, though been quite a while since I myself have taken a swim." Mala listened to what was said but didn't say anything, she was too focused on sucking on Advocat's finger and licking it.

Last edited by Darkness on Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Darkness
Darkness

Back to top Go down

Post by Crucent Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:25 am

Rubbing her temple with her free hand, Crucent replied " Relax, I have no intention of beeing in the same room as that...critter at all, let alone try and fight him or anything, I don't have a deathwish." Settling down, she continued "But that does not mean I have to like him, tolerate him or be nice to him."

Feeling a little cold from the strong gusts of wind, she shivered a little as she stood up and smiled suddenly at Len. "Want to come inside with me for some Rum? It's getting cold out here, and I'm sure I can rustle up some for you if you like"

Returning to the doors, she glanced up and saw Laharl in the Crows Nest.

"And you can come along too if you want to."
Crucent
Crucent

Back to top Go down

Post by Masurao Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:10 pm

...This was all getting a touch too surreal. Blood-drinking fairies? Souls in books? Bargaining with lives like money?

Shaking his head, briefly, Momo simply continued eating his sushi. Something about what Advocat did just rubbed him wrong.

"So... ...You got any policies for what you do? Like, stuff you won't bargain for?"

He almost figured he had to. If it was all just fair game, then Advocat was a kind of sinister he didn't want to think about. Sighing heavily, and finishing her sushi, he shifted in his seat.

"...Y'know what?"

Momo'd picked back up on something Leia'd said, that he didn't get to address.

"You ain't gotta worry about an assassin, Leia. If it's bothering you that much, I'll see that you stay safe."

Standing, abruptly, Momo thrust his fist into the air, assuming a confident pose.

"Even if that means bringin' down the Wyrmking himself!"

...Well, nobody can accuse Momo of being soft-spoken.

Masurao
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestria Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:53 pm

Leia was surprised, to say the least, at Advocat's unusual means of feeding the little imp… but she really couldn't claim that it wasn't believable.

She'd seen similar relationships between different species of fish during her explorations. It seemed to be almost symbiotic… if the imp's presence benefitted Advocat and by the fondness she could clearly hear in his voice she supposed that the emotional bond was well worth the cost of feeding her.

But it was undeniably odd to witness.

And she really didn't want to think about her reactions to the book and what it meant… that real people were caught within the pages and unable to rejoin their loved ones within the Crystals…

Momo's declaration provided a much needed distraction… mostly because she could understand him better than she could understand Advocat… As much as she sympathized with him for his concern over Mala, as much as she appreciated his concern for her… so much of what he was she couldn't wrap her mind around. Especially with her absolute conviction that her life was ended from the moment that Bahamut called her name.

Momo, on the other hand, well, his outspoken declaration brought a small smile to her face. She didn't know that it was possible for anyone to keep her fate from finding her, especially as she was given no choice but to walk this Death Procession…

At least it made sense for there to be a representative of Death itself to be nearby.

She nodded in gratitude. "Thank you… for trying to help. I… I do not know if it is possible to prevent what I feel is ahead… but I thank you for being willing to do so." She reached to the side and pulled a piece of white fabric into her hands and began to absently stitch beads and stones into an ornate design on what was apparently to be a collar of some sort.

It might escape immediate notice, but each piece she stitched into place was as white as the fabric.
Celestria
Celestria
Admin

Character sheet
Progression Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:58 pm

Lenna's attention was quickly got when Crucent talked about rum as she then said "Yes I would love to have some rum, Laharl been too busy brooding to get any liquor since we were forced to leave you." When you talked to Laharl himself he looked over the side of the crow's nest and jumped off, he landed on the deck with a thump before he said "Ya sure, some rum would be nice." Laharl was also coming cause he liked being around Crucent, and he didn't want to leave her alone while that snake in the grass was slithering around.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

When Advocat was asked if he had anything he wouldn't do he looked at them and sighed a slight bit "There are things I do not want to and try my best to avoid, but if I am tricked into giving a person a contract I can't back out of it. So if someone was to trick me into giving them a contract that states I will help them kill someone....well I can't very well go against that request. If I was to try I would be going against the contract and be forced to finish the current contract and give them another one free of charge.......I do not enjoy giving free contracts." Advocat stroked Mala's head as she sucked on his finger a bit longer.

"As for what I don't like to do......well I hate meaningless death, I find it distasteful and wasteful as well, I am against rape for it is utterly barbaric to do so and utterly impolite, I am also against taking away freedom from a person with force........this does not mean I am against all forms of slavery, if a demon or some mortal agrees to give up their freedom to another I have no issues with such a thing. Oh and if I even hear a single mention of causing another of my kind harm.......I will personally tear the soul out of the fool who dare to say such a thing. My people have only each other in this world, we are highly protective of one another in that respect." said Advocat as he took his finger from Mala when he figured she had enough.

Mala did whine a slight bit as she loved her master's blood as it was very tasty to her but she stopped after a few seconds, she curled up in his lap and started to let out a slight hmming purr while he stroked her head softly. The cut on his finger healing up ever so nicely, he then had to respond to what Leia said "As for what you fear will happen in the future.....don't forget that the future is ever shifting and changing. What your premonition showed you is what will happen if we allow such a thing, I'm dead set on keeping you alive till you grow old and die of old age. So you will not die as long as I have breath in this old body of mine.......Actually there is something I could do to help in keeping you alive, that doesn't place another in harms way unwillingly."

Advocat was not sure if he should tell her but then again he did bring it up and so he should at least finish what he started he sighed a slight bit and then said "I am slightly tempted to give you a contract that I only offered once before, it allows me to take the place of another if a death blow is dealt to them. To be blunt if you was to be stabbed in the heart, the contract would heal you while I would be the one to suffer the grievous wound and die. You can already see why I am a bit....hesitant to give such a contract to you, but something compels me to ensure you life continues. Very strange indeed, either way what say you to this offer. Tell me now before I regain some semblance of sanity and withdraw my offer."

As Advocat waited for an answer Mala was staring at Leia now as she clearly understood what was said and was worried that this mortal would get her beloved master taken away from her.
Darkness
Darkness

Back to top Go down

Post by Crucent Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:30 am

Returning to her cabin with the two in tow, Crucent gestured for them to make themselves comfortable as she went to look in her liqour cabinet.

As she rummaged about looking for the Rum, she said over her shoulder "So, Advocat is also on board? ...I could have sworn I saw a Rumbottle in here earlier... Can you tell me what is he after since he's here? AHA!"

Turning around she triumphantly held up a bottle of Rum and grabbed two glasses along with a small saucer for Len. Pouring out for all three, she sat down, threw a leg over one armrest and looked at Laharl, noting how much taller he appeared. "You look so grown up now, I like it." Suddenly she smiled at him "It suits you."

Taking a sip of her glass, she became a little more serious and asked "But about Advocat.... do I need to be concerned about Leia? is he after her? Not that he's alone in trying to get a handle on her. It seems most everybody onboard at the moment is."
Crucent
Crucent

Back to top Go down

Post by Masurao Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:56 pm

(I hate my job. Makes me forget things.)

"Huh. 's an awful lot of white." Remarked the taikun.

See, there's significance to this. In most other cultures, Death Spirits were depicted in black, and, as such, the dead were dressed in it. In Eremaki, white served this very same purpose.

Speaking of Eremaki, bells began to go off throughout the vessel. They'd finally arrived.

"Well, that's me. I'm gonna go ahead, make arrangements at the port."

Standing, and shrugging off the kimono he'd taken, he immediately charged out the door, making a flying leap into the air, with a wild shout.

"ORE YOUYAKU SANJOU!!!!" shouted the crimson swordman, as he leapt off the side of the ship. As Leia would, no doubt, look over the edge, she would then see a mass of blue drifting through the air.

...Was...

...Genji Momotarou was using his kimono as a parachute!

Masurao
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestria Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:57 pm

Leia had to blink several times to be certain that she was seeing what she thought she was seeing. But each time she looked, it was the same.

Momotarou was making a fool of himself.

She chuckled softly before sobering her expression and returning to her beadwork. She didn't have much time to finish her preparations before they would land and she had to be ready.

In his room, Tiernan grimaced. They were already at Eremaki and he hadn't yet made any noticeable progress in developing a connection to the Summoner Candidate. His only hope was to actively scuttle any attempt of the group to form any true bonds to Eremaki.

(I'll see what I can do about starting up a thread in Eremaki...)
Celestria
Celestria
Admin

Character sheet
Progression Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:25 pm

Laharl watched as Crucent worked on getting the rum though his eyes tended to drift to looking at Crucent's backside due to.....obvious reasons, when she finally got the drink his eyes quickly darted up to look Crucent in the eye to avoid upsetting her. As he heard her question he rubbed the back of his head and shrugged slightly, he took his glass and downed it in one gulp before saying "He isn't here to hurt Leia if that is what you are worried about, he actually here to ensure she stays safe. Advocat will live forever as long as he doesn't get himself killed, and for immortal beings like him who like to be all.......ugh what the word......" "Noble?" "Yep that's the one....anyway he likes to observe and watch stuff, seems that this Leia girl caught his eye and he is interested in seeing how she will turn out."

Laharl stretched a bit to get a few kinks out of his joints before he saw Len guzzling down the rum she got and laughed a bit, he then continued "Anyway to be honest as strange as it sounds, as long as Advocat is interested in her she is safer than ever. Who better to keep a person from death......than one who deals in it ya know?" He then remembered the comment on his older form and said "Hehehe.....ya I like it too, seems something you and I did caused this."

Advocat noticed the sounds of bells and with the others distracted he simply shook his head softly and mentally sighed before thinking *Mortals......so easily distracted by the little things.......* It was then he saw Momo jump off the ship and was doing something stupid, Advocat figured he might as well see what it was and when he saw it he pinched the bridge of his nose a slight bit before saying "Well that is one way to get down I suppose." He was holding Mala in his arms like a father holds his daughter, rather strange to see a person like him doing that but did show he wasn't a total monster.

He watched Leia walk off to do her bead-work and opted to leave her alone the topic of him offering her a very rare contract seemingly lost to her, partly irked him that he did something like that and not a word was spoken but then again he figured it was for the best. He turned to Leia and gave her a polite bow before saying "I shall leave you for now my dear, I have to ready myself for when we make land fall." As he walked off Mala woke up and climbed up to look over Advocat's shoulder and waved goodbye to Leia as she said "Bye bye."
Darkness
Darkness

Back to top Go down

Post by Crucent Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:42 am

Smiling at Laharls comment Crucent was about to reply when the bells started chiming throughout the ship, informing everyone of their arrival.

Waiting until they had stopped she said, still smiling "Yeah, I can't imagine what it might have been. But it sounds like we've arrived at Eremaki" Finishing her Rum, she put her glass down and got up. Not really having had time to unpack, she didn't have alot to pack up either. Instead she said "Well, I don't care how safe she may be, I will still keep an eye on him. I don't trust him." Opening her cabin door, she tried to set foot outside, but with all the crew heading back and forth as well as some of the other passengers milling about too it was hopeless trying to get out.

"Oh great, we're stuck." Leaving the door ajar, she grabbed her bag, waiting for people to disembark and make more room to move about. At the same time she kept an eye on Leia's door so she could see when she left. "So I guess it means that if Advocat is with Leia, you'll be around as well?"
Crucent
Crucent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3