Heroes of the DragonQuest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Character Progression
A new place (Open) EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 1:38 am by Celestria

» List: Weapon Styles
A new place (Open) EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 1:31 am by Celestria

» List: Vocations
A new place (Open) EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 1:29 am by Celestria

» How to play the game
A new place (Open) EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 1:26 am by Celestria

» Building a Character
A new place (Open) EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 12:59 am by Celestria

» Hero Template
A new place (Open) EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 2:55 pm by Celestria

» Player Input Needed
A new place (Open) EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 4:38 am by Crucent

» Breaking the Monotony
A new place (Open) EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 1:48 pm by Crucent

» Clock of the Fates
A new place (Open) EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 2:34 pm by Ghost

Navigation
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Statistics
We have 28 registered users
The newest registered user is callousdiva11

Our users have posted a total of 1093 messages in 194 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 160 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:58 am

A new place (Open)

2 posters

Go down

A new place (Open) Empty A new place (Open)

Post by Alexander Edwin Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:23 pm

At first, I thought I was in my world. This place looks so much like the islands on the Atlantic Sea. But then I remembered some recent events.

I found myself alone in this island. I knew by the people around that I was in the southern island of a place called Astraea. It would be a clear image of my Atlantic Sea. The structures were almost the same, and the people dressed in a similar way.

With nothing else to do, I started to walk around the town I was in. First thing to do was to find a ship, and maybe try and get another pirate crew... No, first search for the old one. Then recruit more people.

I was kind of interested on this new world, so I thought it would be great to find a person with vast knowledge that could teach me. Yet as luck is not on my side, I couldn't find anyone in this town.

Oh God! Where I am and what am I doing here? That was what I was asking myself at that time.

Alexander Edwin

Back to top Go down

A new place (Open) Empty Re: A new place (Open)

Post by Celestria Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:59 am

Lei'Ahree often wandered the beaches in Astraea when she missed her home in Ula-Ronat. The sound of the waves and the sea was sometimes comforting to her after all that she had endured and the daily strain of trying to shepherd a Nation and a world to recovery. She wanted the freedom to go home again and swim in the familiar waters again . . . but there was too much to do.

So when she could, she would escape from her assistants and other hangers-on, and walk the beaches and try to come to terms with who she was and what she was becoming in the aftermath of the failed plots.

This day she wore pale purple to bring out the color of her eyes, with strands of pearls woven into her black hair. She was wearing purple more and more these days.

She did not, though, expect to see the man who was walking through the sea-side village in curious distraction. He looked around himself like one who was unfamiliar with the city, though he didn't look completely stunned by it. He seemed . . . far too much like a certain piratical charmer she had known previously, though he was not that one. His face was completely different.

Still, it fell to her to be polite. She could not afford to judge everyone by the measure of that one, no matter what the circumstances had been. She approached the man with a smile. "Greetings, I trust that you are enjoying the sights in our simple town?"
Celestria
Celestria
Admin

Character sheet
Progression Points:
A new place (Open) Left_bar_bleue0/1000A new place (Open) Empty_bar_bleue  (0/1000)

http://www.maracaegrizzley.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Edwin Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:18 pm

The sight is pretty good, indeed...

Insant answer. I looked at the woman for a while. She looked similar to a certain person that once was in his crew, yet their size and face were different... Well, is not that I was going to have such a good luck in finding my friends. Lady Luck has never been on my side, y'see. Anyways, let's leave that aside for a while. This person was the first to approach me or talk to me in the whole day...

To tell the truth, I was feeling a bit lonely.

But you see... I'm not from this place, so I'm lost. In fact, I believe that I'm not even from this world, as mine was... Reaaally different from this.

If you ask why I suddenly revealed such kind of important information to a complete stranger, it was for two reasons: One, I had nothing better to do. Two, she gave the kind of aura that tells you "You can trust in this person".

I'm just happy I didn't finish in a place worse than this.

I said that out loud, but I meant to say it only on my mind.

Alexander Edwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestria Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:53 am

Lei'Ahree blinked somewhat in surprise. The man wasn't from Artegal? She knew that her own ancestors, the Firstcomers, had arrived in Artegal from someplace else, though they did not speak much on where they had come from, just that they were tired of the wandering and wanted a home, not a place to visit.

Finally, though, she smiled at him in gentle greeting. "I'm glad that Astraea is pleasing to you. Not all the Nations of Artegal are like this one, and I have seen them all." The more she thought about it, though, the more she liked the idea of being able to speak with someone who did not automatically know about the journey she had taken, or the events which had been at the end of it. She tilted her head in curiosity. "How long have you been here? Have you been able to settle yourself into the area?"

She realized that such a conversation was likely to take quite some time and she didn't relish the thought of standing for the whole day. She did that enough at formal events. So she motioned to an outdoor cafe that had trees overhanging some tables. "Would you like to sit down and tell me about your journey? I find myself fascinated by the experiences of others, particularly those with unique perspectives."
Celestria
Celestria
Admin

Character sheet
Progression Points:
A new place (Open) Left_bar_bleue0/1000A new place (Open) Empty_bar_bleue  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Edwin Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:46 pm

A little surprise grew on her face, but was latter replaced by a smile. Somehow, I felt that the fact that she believed me just like that was a strange sign. A normal person wouldn't just accept the fact that I'm a traveler of the worlds... Or something like that.

Anyways, if this person really have seen all the nations, maybe she will be a great source of information. I usually like to know if the route I'm taking won't lead me to the lair of some demon, for example.

I really don't remember how much I've been here, but I could say that... One week? Anyways, I hate to admit that I've not had a good time. Mostly because I don't have a place to sleep, and all the money I brought with me from my world has no value in this lands.

I followed her to the cafe and sat near a table so we could start talking. She wanted to know about my journey, but that would DEFINITELY take a good while.

What would you like to know? I'll have to explain an uncertain amount of things depending on the answer. If its really just my journey, prepare yourself to hear my voice for hours.

Alexander Edwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestria Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:22 pm

Lei'Ahree nodded in understanding of the man's condition. She could readily sympathize with the feeling of being left adrift and friendless, without resources. She had been lucky to have friends at her side when she made her journey a year and some past, but one of them had been a traitor, and he had been the one she would have trusted most. Once they were seated she waved over a serving girl and murmured a request, a simple meal for each of them, and placed a few coins in her hand.

Sometimes being the Keeper of Astraea was a benefit.

She looked at the pirate wanderer with a smile. "I believe that I should introduce myself. I am Lei'Ahree, formerly of Neorah in Ula-Ronat. Circumstances brought me to Astraea and I was very nearly as confused as I imagine you to be. Of the Nations, though, Astraea is neutral in the conflicts that arise between them, and thus is something of a judge between them if needed."

From where she was sitting she could see the spires of the Palace rising into the sky above the rooftops of the city. Sometimes being the Leader of a Nation could be very boring. This conversation could prove to be good for her. For a pirate . . . he didn't remind her too much of the one who had betrayed her.
Celestria
Celestria
Admin

Character sheet
Progression Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Edwin Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:37 pm

I see...

Though there were many things I didn't understand. The terms "Neorah" and "Ula-Ronat" were not in my mind dictionary. Yet I understand that this place where I was standing was neutral in this world. Just now I'm thinking that Astraea might be a really interesting place after all... Who knows, maybe I find some worthy treasure of a pirate like me! But there are things that comes first. Searching for my friends and then the Ocean's Soul, for example. Still, they could wait until I finished talking with this person.

Can I call you just Lei? It's just that your name is a bit hard for me to pronounce...

I'm really not used to that kind of name... That's why I put the nickname "Ain" to one of my crewmates, that had the strangest name in history.

So this is a neutral nation... I come from a world named Wydern, a pretty large place covered mostly by sea. There we have nine kingdoms that rule nine seas. But, the situation between them changed until they arrived at a state of war without battles. Now there are four seas that oppose the ideals of the other five. Though the first ones made an alliance, the other five are still alone. And so, it has become quiet hard to travel around the world for people that are not pirates... In less words, there are not neutral nations in my world

I stopped for a bit. Thinking about what to say next.

I would really like to return. I don't know if you would like me to continue. Oh, before I forget... My name is Alexander Edwin.

I bowed a little at her before noticing that a meal had been put in front of me.

Alexander Edwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestria Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:21 pm

Lei'Ahree chuckled. "When it needs to be shortened," she said referring to her name, "most go to Leia."

She listened to his explanation, nodding in understanding. "Matters in Artegal weren't always the way they are now. Time was, Astraea was not neutral, but that was before the Firstcomers arrived in their crystalline vessel to make this their new home." She brushed a tendril of hair behind one gracefully pointed ear with a hand that he could see was shaped differently than his own. Where he had five fingers on his hand, she had four. "They were my ancestors."

She smiled at him as the plates were set in front of them. His introduction almost made her chuckle. His name was Alexander. She could not imagine that any man would carry the name of that Shokanjuu and be capable of betraying anyone the way that she had been betrayed. It was reassuring.

"Well, Alexander, I am certain that you will find a place for yourself here in Astraea. It might take a little adjustment, but I have no doubt that you will manage it." She paused so that they could eat some before she continued between bites. "What questions do you have that are most pressing about Artegal or Astraea in particular?"
Celestria
Celestria
Admin

Character sheet
Progression Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Edwin Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:41 pm

Almost, but not exactly. Her shortened name would be Leia. I'm just used to put three letters long nicknames.

I ate a little the food I had in front of myself while I started to think... Sure, it was not going to be hard to make this place his home, but the fact was, that this was not really my home. Back there in Wydern, I have family and friends that would like to see me again. Once I gather my crew, I'll find a way back home... Even if it cost me my life. At least I want the others to be back in Wydern.

I learnt a bit about Artegal, and to tell the truth, I didn't want to learn more. I'll find on my own eventually. But when she asked, a certain matter came to my mind... If such a thing existed on my world, it could exist here but with a different name, shape or form.

Now that you mention it, there was something in my world called "Ocean's Soul". This object was an ancient power that was lost in a certain sea from my world. It was said that it could make its user invincible, with great power capable of curing any desease or defeating any foe. It was lost at a place called the "Chaotic Sea", and that was the most powerful place of my world. Thanks to that, it was never found again... I want to know if there is any object of similar description or power in this world.

The Ocean's Soul was probably the main focus of my journey, so if there was something similar here, I had to know.

Alexander Edwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestria Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:03 pm

((Gah, I really wish Masurao would get those Divine Shokanjuu posted. Fair warning, some familiar names are going to show up here. I know what he has planned, to an extent.))

Lei'Ahree tilted her head slightly. "The Ocean's Soul?" She thought for a moment before continuing. "I am unfamiliar with any artifacts by that name, but if something came from your world then it's likely that it did not keep the same name upon arriving at its destination. The only thing I know of for certain that could possibly be connected to the soul of the waters themselves would be the Shokanjuu of Ula-Ronat. Now, Leviathan does not give her Summoner invincibility any more than Bahamut gives his Summoner all strength." She looked curious. "Why is it that you seek this powerful object?"

Indeed, his reasons might provide insight into the man as much as anything else. Some would seek that power for their own gain, or for the gain of others in a cabal like the Mages of Glaisne who had tried to steal the magic of Artegal using her only a year before.

She still had nightmares of what she had suffered, how far the Mages had been willing to go to turn her into a slave for their purposes. That they had not succeeded was small consolation for the trauma which had been inflicted.
Celestria
Celestria
Admin

Character sheet
Progression Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Edwin Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:13 pm

Well, I didn't expect someone to have heard about it. Though, there might be a similar item or even another Ocean's Soul passing by another name in this world.

Well, Um... I want the Ocean's Soul... It's kind of personal, but to tell you the truth is to help somebody. More than somebody... Lots of people. Sorry if I can't say anything more.

I didn't want to tell anything more. It brings back painful memories and I really wasn't in the mood to get deppresed all of sudden. In my head I started to hear again what she said. Something about a Sonkanjuu, Ula-Ronat, Leviathan, Bahamut... Wait... Leviatan and Bahamut? First, if we transform the name Bahamut to one of its synonims, it turns into Behemoth... Are you serious? Those things exist here too?

Leviathan and Bahamut?! It seems that our worlds has some things in common. They are, how to say it, two of the three most dangerous, biggest and marvelous creatures that exist in my world, along with the Ziz. I think that less than 10 people have seen them, and just two of them could have survived the experience. I would really like to see the ones that are in this world and observe the differences...

I have seen the Ziz once in my travels... Let's just say that it was huge enough to cover the whole sun by just standing in the ground. I saw it flying in the distance, but it was enourmous. Could it be also in this world?

I get more and more interested on this world.

Alexander Edwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestria Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:05 pm

Alexander's response to hearing about the Shokanjuu was certainly not one that Lei'Ahree expected to see. She knew that the Shokanjuu were carried to this world through the crystals of the Firstcomers' Vessel, but that their identities were known . . .

She shook her head slightly. "I am not familiar with this . . . Ziz. Leviathan is the Shokanjuu of my homeland, the islands of Ula-Ronat. I met her when I began my journey away from my home to come here. Bahamut is the Shokanjuu of Astraea. He is a mighty dragon, terrible to see in battle." She considered calling Bahamut to greet him, but decided that perhaps that should wait for another day. "There are many Shokanjuu, Summoned Beings, in Artegal."

She smiled at him, glad that he was sharing some of the interest she had in the world of her birth. "Are you interested in Summoning?" It would be too much to expect, she supposed, that he would be a naturally talented Summoner, but others were able to learn the ability with much training and growth.

For some reason, she wanted to help this man.
Celestria
Celestria
Admin

Character sheet
Progression Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Edwin Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:27 pm

I see... Even if some names and creatures coincide, there are large diferences between our worlds. Thanks to the names (Shokanjuu, Ula-Ronat, etc) that she was giving me, my brain could only receive half of the information, but that was enough. I was used to do not understand most things until the very end.

When she said something about "summoning", my attention was caught like a bug in a net. I've heard that word before... It was to call different kind of creatures, right? I hear that from an old man some days ago. He explained me quiet a little, but he didn't know anything more that could be useful.

I'm not quiet familiar with this "Summoning", as there was no such thing in my world. Yet I'm really interested...

Who knows, maybe I'll get to summon some cool monster or something.

Care to explain me how does it works?

Alexander Edwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestria Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:04 pm

Lei'Ahree nodded. She wasn't certain how a world could exist without Summoning or Summoners, but she supposed that it was intrinsically linked to the magic that the Crystals bestowed on Artegal. She was doubly grateful that the plot of the Mages of Glaisne had been stopped before irreparable harm had been done.

"Summoning is a means of using the magic within each of us to call and command great beasts. Those beasts are called Shokanjuu. The greatest and most powerful are the Divine Shokanjuu within the Crystal that was given to each Nation when my ancestors splintered their vessel and decided to stay on Artegal and make this their home." She frowned a little. "I have always been a Summoner, but being a Summoner is different than simply being able to Summon. Anyone can learn to Summon small Shokanjuu with study and effort. But Summoners find it much easier."

She chuckled. "I was five years of age when I found my first Shokanjuu friend. She was no larger than I was at the time. We seem to have grown up together."
Celestria
Celestria
Admin

Character sheet
Progression Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum