Heroes of the DragonQuest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Character Progression
Midnite EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 1:38 am by Celestria

» List: Weapon Styles
Midnite EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 1:31 am by Celestria

» List: Vocations
Midnite EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 1:29 am by Celestria

» How to play the game
Midnite EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 1:26 am by Celestria

» Building a Character
Midnite EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 12:59 am by Celestria

» Hero Template
Midnite EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 2:55 pm by Celestria

» Player Input Needed
Midnite EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 4:38 am by Crucent

» Breaking the Monotony
Midnite EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 1:48 pm by Crucent

» Clock of the Fates
Midnite EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 2:34 pm by Ghost

Navigation
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Statistics
We have 28 registered users
The newest registered user is callousdiva11

Our users have posted a total of 1093 messages in 194 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 160 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:58 am

Midnite

2 posters

Go down

Midnite Empty Midnite

Post by SailorSilvanesti Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:20 pm

Name: Midnite

Trainer/Friend/Owner: Sphyria

Species: Sapphire Dragon

Size: Slightly bigger than a large dog.

Elemental Association: Fire/Life/Aether

Abilities

Light
Ability: Jetstream [Low-level Dragon Ability/Hatchling Stage]
Range: 2-8ft, must be relatively close for effective attack.
Elemental Association: Fire
Cooldown [No. Posts]: 1-2
Appearance: Midnite opens her mouth in a manner that focuses her [considerable] firepower into a single, steam of intensely hot blue flame [Blue natural fire-colour for Sapphire Dragons].
Can incinerate close enemies on contact.
Will progress in strength and ability as she ages.

Medium
Ability:
Range:
Elemental Association:
Cooldown [No. Posts]:
Appearance:

Strong
Ability:
Range:
Elemental Association:
Cooldown [No. Posts]:
Appearance:

Natural Abilities: Telepathy, Flame [All Dragons, Midnite's flame is Blue, like her scales]; [Future Ability] Flight. At the moment she and her wings are too small for flight, but they will be when she reaches one-hundred.
Dragon spit is good for healing burns, ironically.

Weaknesses: Wings and eyes.
Her eyes are intensely ensitive to bright lights, sunlight is fine, however she can be severely temporarily blinded if someone should use a strong Light Elemental Spell aimed at her, specifically.
Her wings are also fragile, they are only new [start to grow at 50years] and are usually hidden under a specially made 'body-shield' of crystal, the Crystal-born of Asterea made for her.

Waterstone, rare and found in the depths of the deepest oceans, can kill her on contact or make her violently ill at even great distances. She wears a collar that flashes if we are in proximity to Waterstone as a precaution.

Battle Style: Uses her sharp talons to hack and slash through the toughest armour.
Midnite is still learning to use her flame as a weapon, but can use the Ability 'Jetstream' to incinerate close targets.
Scales are extremely hard and difficult to penetrate.

History: Born of the Dragons of this world, child of the Emerald Matriarch, who controls the Sea Guardians [Emerald, Green, Turquoise and Blue Dragons] of Asterea. Midnite is the first Sapphire Hatchling in two thousand years [dragons hatch an egg once every 500 or so], for protection, she was given to the crystal-born as an egg.
Then the Emerald Matriarch led the Sea Guardians in war against the Amythyst Matriarch and her Sky Dweller Dragons.
The war still rages on the other side of the planet, nothing can stop it, but there is hope that when Midnite grows up, she can halt the battle with her rare powers.
-Personally, Midnite would like to know what those 'rare powers' were before she has to go and stop a horde of giant batlling dragons from doing what they do best. Fight.

The egg hatched for Sphyria and was given into the strange Elf's care, they have been bonded since, completely inseperable.

Pictures:
Midnite SailorSilvanesti-sailorsilvanesti-midnite-fairy-style_500
SailorSilvanesti
SailorSilvanesti

Back to top Go down

Midnite Empty Re: Midnite

Post by SailorSilvanesti Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:27 pm

I'm going to have a think about the Medium and Strong abilities, they have to be unique to her as a Sapphire Dragon.

I was thinking of, 'Heart Conceal', though.

Giving her the ability to shield those around her in black mist, prenting those around her from being seen.
It's a low level ability, so it could become more forcefull as she grows up, even progressing to a full force-field...?

That would give her a Fire [Jetstream] and Aether [Heart Conceal] ability, so I'm thinking the third and most powerful should be, Life.
I don't want it to be a healing thing, maybe, a shaping ability...?
I'm a bit stuck, but it has to be unique, that's why I'm thinking hard!^^
SailorSilvanesti
SailorSilvanesti

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestria Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:14 am

Well, Pets are always going to be weaker than Characters or Shokanjuu, no matter what their abilities are. They do, though, get stronger as the characters gain strength, so what's Light damage could be doing the equivalent of Medium or Strong blows to a much lower level character.

The passage of time in a setting like this is real . . . tricky. Most of the time it's not considered to pass unless the players want something to develop, or it passes about like Real World Time, so one year on Site is about one year in the real world.

In all likelihood she'll always be in her "hatchling" phase, which is okay. She's kinda cute as a Hatchling.

If you ever decide that you want her to finish growing up, though, that's going to get tricky because Pets aren't supposed to be as strong as Shokanjuu. Unless you want her to grow up *into* a Shokanjuu, which is perfectly allowable. At the point of transition you would let us know and we'd lock the Pet topic and you'd fill out a Shokanjuu Template for her fully developed form, since every character has the opportunity to Summon Shokanjuu.

And for the record, Aether *can* be used for a direct Elemental Attack. *smile* It just takes understanding the relationship between Elements.

Since she's a pet any sort of concealing ability would be basic and easily broken, but it can be done, I suppose. A shield, though, could be used to absorb one attack or something and then would have an appropriate cooldown. That would be possible.
Celestria
Celestria
Admin

Character sheet
Progression Points:
Midnite Left_bar_bleue0/1000Midnite Empty_bar_bleue  (0/1000)

http://www.maracaegrizzley.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SailorSilvanesti Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:28 am

I really just wanted her as a hatchling, but she could maybe, be influenced by certain Healing Magics that accelerate her growth so she has a Flight Ability.
T'ylah is a healer/shaper, so it could happen.
SailorSilvanesti
SailorSilvanesti

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestria Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:43 am

Well, if you're not *that* interested in her ever growing up in here then it's not an issue, and yes, she can be capable of flight at any time you want her to be. That's a fairly simple ability to have.

There's nothing wrong with keeping her a Hatchling "forever" on here.

Goodness knows I do it with child characters all the time.
Celestria
Celestria
Admin

Character sheet
Progression Points:
Midnite Left_bar_bleue0/1000Midnite Empty_bar_bleue  (0/1000)

http://www.maracaegrizzley.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum