Heroes of the DragonQuest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Character Progression
The Numitor Family Claymore EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 1:38 am by Celestria

» List: Weapon Styles
The Numitor Family Claymore EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 1:31 am by Celestria

» List: Vocations
The Numitor Family Claymore EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 1:29 am by Celestria

» How to play the game
The Numitor Family Claymore EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 1:26 am by Celestria

» Building a Character
The Numitor Family Claymore EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 12:59 am by Celestria

» Hero Template
The Numitor Family Claymore EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 2:55 pm by Celestria

» Player Input Needed
The Numitor Family Claymore EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 4:38 am by Crucent

» Breaking the Monotony
The Numitor Family Claymore EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 1:48 pm by Crucent

» Clock of the Fates
The Numitor Family Claymore EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 2:34 pm by Ghost

Navigation
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Statistics
We have 28 registered users
The newest registered user is callousdiva11

Our users have posted a total of 1093 messages in 194 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 160 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:58 am

The Numitor Family Claymore

2 posters

Go down

The Numitor Family Claymore Empty The Numitor Family Claymore

Post by Gareth Numitor Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:25 pm

Name: The Numitor Family Claymore

Type: Claymore (heavy sword, two handed, aprox. 50" double edge blade)

Range: Short (melee)

Description: Mighty to behold, this Claymore is fairly simple in design, as it has not been modified much from the days when it saw battle, but it has been well taken care of and has been polished to a near mirror finish. It's a heavy weapon: Gareth himself is rarely able to wield it single handed even with his great strength. Its double edged blade is about 50" long and highly tapered at the point. The two handed hilt is black leather bound and inlayed with mother of pearl, with little other adornment.

Element: Earth, Lightning

Effects:
Family Protection: If wielded by a family member, adds 5% in defense against all attacks to family members present. If the wielder is the Head of the family, it is a 10% gain in defense.
Eversharp: Blade is magically sharp after years of effort and care taken by family members. The blade does not need resharpening and requires little maintenance, as long as it’s not carelessly left lying about.

History: The Numitor Family Claymore is a treasured family heirloom that has been passed down from generation to generation from the times of the great Clan Wars. Since then, it has served as a symbol of the strength of the Numitor Family.
It was not destroyed when his home was leveled, as he had taken it with him hunting. Though there has been little use for it for the last several generations, it has served to protect the family's members when they were away from home, usually from the creatures that roam the forests of the highlands.
It is rumored that back in the days of the Clan Wars, the patriarch of the Numitor Family wielded this sword in protection of his family and lands, repelling raiders regardless of the hardship. Through wind and rain, and even through electrical storms, this blade acted as the gatekeeper of the farmlands and secured the freedom of the Numitor family.

Picture: (to come)

Gareth Numitor

Back to top Go down

The Numitor Family Claymore Empty Re: The Numitor Family Claymore

Post by Masurao Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:58 pm

Okay...

I don't follow the first effect. You're making the rest of his family, then?

And, the second. I assume that means spells meant to lower attack don't work if this is the active weapon?

Masurao
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gareth Numitor Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:02 am

I'm fairly new at all this, as I've discussed with (can't spell her name yet, the other admin). I've got a grasp of the rudiments but terminology and fine details are scetchy for the time being.

As to Family Protection, what I was trying to imply is that the clans and families of the highlands would have stuff laying around bound to their families. In Gareth's situation, it WOULD have worked for any family member, but as far as we know there's only he and his son left. He could have a half brother in some other nation or something, and his dad could still be floating around out there, but for my intentions it give him and his son a boost if they possess (wield) it. To all others its just a sword. (presumably there would be other family weapons or armor that would do the same for them and wouldn't work for Gareth.)
I have no plans at this time to make any more family members, it would detract from Gareths' "hidden agenda".

Eversharp was going to be Lightning rod, but it seemed more like a physical "battle defence" than an enchantment. I've played games before that weapons took damage over time and was not sure if it was the case here, so I figured I'd protect the weapon. If this is not the case (all weapons last forever) its not needed and I'll figure something else out.

If you have better thoughts I'm all ears. I'm trying to keep things in balance as I interpret "balance" while keeping my character well rounded. I may be too conservative, though. You tell me.

Gareth Numitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Masurao Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:30 pm

Okay, the family thing works. ...Neve rhad multiple characters passing weapons around. I like.

As for Eversharp? Most of the time, nobody bothers to mention weapon damage. If the FF games are any indication, a weapon can withstand INSANE amounts of abuse. However, Eversharp can exist as a protection to its power. I've seen spells made where the power of a weapon is lowered.

Masurao
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down