Heroes of the DragonQuest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Character Progression
Andre Enrique Chavez, the Dark Guardian EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 1:38 am by Celestria

» List: Weapon Styles
Andre Enrique Chavez, the Dark Guardian EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 1:31 am by Celestria

» List: Vocations
Andre Enrique Chavez, the Dark Guardian EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 1:29 am by Celestria

» How to play the game
Andre Enrique Chavez, the Dark Guardian EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 1:26 am by Celestria

» Building a Character
Andre Enrique Chavez, the Dark Guardian EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 12:59 am by Celestria

» Hero Template
Andre Enrique Chavez, the Dark Guardian EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 2:55 pm by Celestria

» Player Input Needed
Andre Enrique Chavez, the Dark Guardian EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 4:38 am by Crucent

» Breaking the Monotony
Andre Enrique Chavez, the Dark Guardian EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 1:48 pm by Crucent

» Clock of the Fates
Andre Enrique Chavez, the Dark Guardian EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 2:34 pm by Ghost

Navigation
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Statistics
We have 28 registered users
The newest registered user is callousdiva11

Our users have posted a total of 1093 messages in 194 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 160 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:58 am

Andre Enrique Chavez, the Dark Guardian

2 posters

Go down

Andre Enrique Chavez, the Dark Guardian Empty Andre Enrique Chavez, the Dark Guardian

Post by Blackhearted Knight Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:31 pm

Name: Andre Chavez

Race: Auran

Homeland: Origin: Vardit; Current Home: Astraea

Class: Dark Knight

SubClass: Ranger

Elemental Affinities: (Those elements which a character is strongest at using. Characters are not limited to ONLY using the Elements with which they have an Affinity, but they are strongest with them.)
Primary: Darkness
Secondary: Fire (in the form of the Fireburst Mode)
Tertiary: Wind

Strengths: Andre is an extremely skilled swordsman with Master-level Dark Magic capabilities. He has four unique swords that he usually wields two at a time, but for some abilities he can control all four telekinetically, albeit only to a limited extent. His sarcastic and cynical comments in battle serve as distractions and button-pushers for his opponents.

Weaknesses: Despite being a Dark Knight, Andre has no real magic-defense capabilities.

Battle Style: Andre mixes high-speed, high-power physical attacks with sarcastic or cynical comments, occasionally relating to his opponent's mother. He'll use magic in battle, but only when he wants to end it quickly. When using all four swords at once, Andre spins them frequently in a circular shuriken-esque formation.

Appearance: Andre wears two shirts, one over the other. The undershirt is a featureless black t-shirt while the outer shirt is a black button-up collared shirt that has a fleur de lis design running up the back of the shirt. He wears light brown khaki cargo pants with a beige-greenish cloth belt. He wears his sword sheaths each behind one of the belt loops on his pants. His shoes are black running shoes, although he only wears these for the mobility offered. He has regular skin tone and black eyes and short hair. He wears his hair in a short and shaggy manner, but he rarely has it cut higher than his neck. He always wears his shirt open and with the collar up.

Personality: Andre is sarcastic, cynical, and ironically nice. He's a skilled manipulator and tactician, and his craftiness knows no end. Whenever Andre speaks, it's usually to make a point or a sarcastic comment. He often reacts to a challenge nonchalantly, and rarely takes his opponents seriously.

History: Andre was born on Vardit, and actually lived there for most of his life. At the age of 12, he began training as a Dark Knight. He was always set apart from the other trainees due to his general avoidance of blood magic, and his penchant for Contract magic set him apart even more. He trained with the sword for about four years before finally beginning on his currently-used four-sword style. It took him an astonishingly short two years to master this style of fighting, and his new-found telekinetic abilities made it easier to employ all four swords in combat. At 19, Andre left Vardit and began to travel around the world, visiting every country at least once. While he traveled, he trained, and became stronger. Eventually he made his way to Astraea, where he found large amounts of diversity, and even a few of his own race, the Aurans. His Dark Knight status wasn't readily noticeable, but his clothing choice did make him stick out some. Due to his use of four swords, most assumed him to be a Samurai from Emeraki, or just your tougher-than-average swordsman. Andre eventually settled in Astraea, hoping to turn the misconception of all Dark Knights being evil around. He's lived in Astraea since.

Pictures: Don't have any.

Site Connections: Got caught in a newsletter rush.

Last edited by Blackhearted Knight on Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Blackhearted Knight

http://www.chaosrealms.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Andre Enrique Chavez, the Dark Guardian Empty Re: Andre Enrique Chavez, the Dark Guardian

Post by Masurao Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:14 pm

Hmmm...

Dark Knight? Odd choice for an Auran. If you made this profile before the update, you may wanna check your classes and race ability. Dark Knights don't really make use of it. I'm not saying you have to change it, not at all. Just making a suggestion.

Other than that, I'm liking this. Just a few questions.

Blackhearted Knight wrote:Name: Andre Chavez

Race: Auran

Homeland: Origin: Vardit; Current Home: Astraea

Class: Dark Knight

SubClass:

Elemental Affinities: (Those elements which a character is strongest at using. Characters are not limited to ONLY using the Elements with which they have an Affinity, but they are strongest with them.)
Primary: Darkness
Secondary: Fire (in the form of the Fireburst Mode)
Tertiary:

Strengths: Andre is an extremely skilled swordsman with Master-level Dark Magic capabilities. He has four unique swords that he usually wields two at a time, but for some abilities he can control all four telekinetically, albeit only to a limited extent. His sarcastic and cynical comments in battle serve as distractions and button-pushers for his opponents.

Weaknesses: Despite being a Dark Knight, Andre has no real magic-defense capabilities.

Battle Style: Andre mixes high-speed, high-power physical attacks with sarcastic or cynical comments, occasionally relating to his opponent's mother. He'll use magic in battle, but only when he wants to end it quickly. When using all four swords at once, Andre spins them frequently in a circular shuriken-esque formation.

Appearance: Andre wears two shirts, one over the other. The undershirt is a featureless black t-shirt while the outer shirt is a black button-up collared shirt that has a fleur de lis design running up the back of the shirt. He wears light brown khaki cargo pants with a beige-greenish cloth belt. He wears his sword sheaths each behind one of the belt loops on his pants. His shoes are black running shoes, although he only wears these for the mobility offered. He has regular skin tone and black eyes and short hair. He wears his hair in a short and shaggy manner, but he rarely has it cut higher than his neck. He always wears his shirt open and with the collar up.

Personality: Andre is sarcastic, cynical, and ironically nice. He's a skilled manipulator and tactician, and his craftiness knows no end. Whenever Andre speaks, it's usually to make a point or a sarcastic comment. He often reacts to a challenge nonchalantly, and rarely takes his opponents seriously.

History: Andre was born on Vardit, and actually lived there for most of his life. At the age of 12, he began training as a Dark Knight. He was always set apart from the other trainees due to his general avoidance of blood magic, and his penchant for Contract magic set him apart even more. He trained with the sword for about four years before finally beginning on his currently-used four-sword style. It took him an astonishingly short two years to master this style of fighting, and his new-found telekinetic abilities made it easier to employ all four swords in combat. At 19, Andre left Vardit and began to travel around the world, visiting every country at least once. While he traveled, he trained, and became stronger. Eventually he made his way to Astraea, where he found large amounts of diversity, and even a few of his own race, the Aurans. His Dark Knight status wasn't readily noticeable, but his clothing choice did make him stick out some. Due to his use of four swords, most assumed him to be a Samurai from Emeraki, or just your tougher-than-average swordsman. Andre eventually settled in Astraea, hoping to turn the misconception of all Dark Knights being evil around. He's lived in Astraea since.

Pictures: Don't have any.

Site Connections: Got caught in a newsletter rush.

Not an ABSOLUTE necessity, but, you may wanna fill in that third element.

Astraea? A Dark Knight? ...That's fine, but, I kinda want a little insight to his choice.

The blank subclass, and the mention of Contract magic makes me think you're angling at a Summoner sub. If that's the case, then, this just became a whole new ballgame. For a normal character, your profile is more than ample. But, considering the magical weight a Summoner, even as a subclass, can throw around in this world, we demand a little more of summoner hopefuls. If you wanna go with Summoner, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

The Dual-Wielding bit that Aurans can pull off really only applies to Ranged Weapons. But, you do make a point. If anyone would be able to pull off Dual-Wielding from the start, it'd be the race pretty much tailor-made for Rangers.

Telekinesis. OUCH. You'll need to create this as an Enchantment, or a spell of some kind.

Issues aside, this looks to be a solid character for the world. Let's get these slight issues taken care of, and get you playing!

Masurao
Admin

Back to top Go down

Andre Enrique Chavez, the Dark Guardian Empty Re: Andre Enrique Chavez, the Dark Guardian

Post by Blackhearted Knight Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:43 pm

Issue One, Element: Considered going with wind when I first made it, but decided against it.

Issue Two, Location, Location, Location: I really didn't have a reason for picking Astraea, but thanks to some insight from Grizz, I was able to come up with a reason for my character to be there.

Issue Three, Contract Magic: I wasn't thinking of Contract Magic being linked to direct summoning, more like drawing power from a certain powerful being, so I didn't think the Summoner class would apply. I see your point, though.

Issue Four, Dual Wielding: Not too sure if this is actually an issue, but I picked Auran more for cosmetic reasoning rather than ability. I also didn't realize it applied only to ranged weaponry.

Issue Five, Telekinesis: I did say it was limited, but I think that an enchantment (along the permanent lines) and restrictions listed would be a good idea. If approved, I'll get to work on that.

Blackhearted Knight

http://www.chaosrealms.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Masurao Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:27 pm

Okay.

Choose your subclass, third element, and lemme know.

Masurao
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Masurao Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:09 am

I'm quite fine with this. APPROVED.

Masurao
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down